Amunsen MIB1 Firmware

rdb

hello. i make the update sw to 0490 mib1/amundsen unit. after that, i erase all errors code find with vcds tool, except one.everthing works fine, but this error still haved,even i erased....any solution,please?

20190405_184506.jpg

VCDS CODING:
1) 5F (Infotainment) module, Adaptations, channel: 'Confirmation of installation change'
2) Note your current coding
3) Start Windows calculator and set it to 'Programming mode' and select 'HEX' option
4) Calculation: (current coding) Xor C9D2
5) Change the adaptation channel to the new code (Don't be surprised if it changes back to the original coding, this is normal!)
6) VCDS main screen, 'Auto-Scan'
7) Check for fault codes on all modules and clear the DTCs

Note that VCDS displays your code in 'xx xx' format (small letters and a space character).
You have to remove the space before you calculate your new code.
When you enter your new (calculated) code, insert the space again and use lower cases.

EXAMPLE (don't use these values):
'1a 1a' (original coding of the adaptation channel)
1A1A Xor C9D2 equals D3C8
Enter it as 'd3 c8'

If your original code starts with zero(s) just remove them before calculating (i.e. 0A fb=AFB).
If the new (calculated) code is less than 4 characters, insert zeros in the beginning (i.e. FBB=0f bb).

• Like 1

thank you....i find something similar on AudiEnthusiasts site.... but your explanations are more accurate ... thanks again, and I'm going to implement the solution.....:handshake:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just got a new (to me) Octavia and was wondering if someone could send/PM me the link for the MIB1 Amundsen firmware update.

Current:-

P/N 5E0035874A

Hardware 040

Software 0407

Thanks in advance

Nige

This may be a silly question but can you only get free map and software updates for your Amundsen in the first 3 years of ownership? Apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't see it anywhere. Thanks 😳

On 12/05/2019 at 12:09, stubev156 said:

This may be a silly question but can you only get free map and software updates for your Amundsen in the first 3 years of ownership? Apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't see it anywhere. Thanks 😳

Simple answer is you can get map updates anytime, you don't have a limit to how many times you can update the maps.

On 12/05/2019 at 12:13, crossfeyder said:

I have Octavia 2014 and get the update map ece2019 without any problem from skoda. 

Correct, but please guys this thread is not about map updates, it's for firmware updates which are different, just so other people/folk don't get confused between the two. B)

• Like 1

Could Some one please send me a link or the file for the latest firmware version for the Bolero MIB2

Device Part Number: 5Q0035840B
HW: H30
SW: 0359

Media-Codec: 3141.0.0.1

Many thanks in advance

On 16/05/2019 at 08:07, Quickly said:

Could Some one please send me a link or the file for the latest firmware version for the Bolero MIB2

Device Part Number: 5Q0035840B
HW: H30
SW: 0359

Media-Codec: 3141.0.0.1

Many thanks in advance

Don't update with the file I sent you! As you have MIB2 not MIB1 so you should of not posted in here but never the less, DON'T USE THE UPDATE I SENT YOU