Amunsen MIB1 Firmware

rdb

Updated MIB1 Bolero from 0420 to last firmware 0475 thanks to Aki78's link and the clear instructions.

Not did any coding but only wiped all faults.

So far so good...

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this topic? Did anyone upgrade Amundsen to latest version without VCDS clearing faults?

It works without coding but your dealer will know what you did.

Coding can be done later when you find someone with VCDS.

Having said that, I've had a dealer perform a firmware upgrade on a Columbus and they didn't clear the Software Version error code, I wouldn't worry about it.

Then again it was Simpson's in Colne, I'm surprised they managed to find it in the glove box ....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Last night I did the update. I was expecting more.

Had problem. My battery was low and system was warning me to turn on the engine, which the message before update clearly stated not to do! So I wait and wait, and damn thing managed some how to finish update just before my battery died. I ma like **** my car is now dead! Couldn't start it barely locked the car. Took my other car and use jumper cables to jump start the car with my other car. It's ALIVE!!! It's ALIVE! Got few errors related to battery. Took it for a spin around the city to charge the battery, errors were gone after i turned off the engine and started it again. My battery probably lost its juice while car was on the storage before it was sold to me. Now I have to get new one.

Didn't notice any improvements so in my opinion it's nothing worth updating really.

Although update should run without any problems. I only had battery issue.

Was disappointed I didn't get Croatian language? I know other owners have it as option. Although i prefer English in OS.

Update: I used USB formatted to FAT32 with 3 files and one text file in root. Starting service menu by holding MENU button for few sec.

I didn't do any VCDS coding.

I made a video will upload it tomorrow maybe.

Edited by Croat

That's why I included in my instructions: make sure your battery is OK before start the update!!

Did you switch off all lights, A/C, etc. before started?

You are a very lucky guy...almost bricked your headunit.

It's a good idea to start the update after a long trip, I will modify the instructions.

Actually you didn't but it's ok I am not accusing you of anything. I did it on my own risk which you stated. It was understanding your battery needs to be operating normally.

I did turn off AC and air flow, lights were on so i remembered to turn them off 2 but it took more than 30 min to complete the update.

Yes you should update the instructions!

Edited by Croat

aki78 can you send me list of error codes I need to delete via VCDS? Thanks!

Also little off topic question.

Can I see with VCDS what's the status of my battery and DPF?
Edited by Croat

aki78 can you send me list of error codes I need to delete via VCDS? Thanks!

Also little off topic question.

Can I see with VCDS what's the status of my battery and DPF?

Just check the modules I mentioned in my instructions.

I don't have a list but it's easy to identify them.

Interrupted communication, software version mismatch, etc.

You have to do the adaptation channel change first to confirm the SW version change.

Again, as in the description...

If you are not familiar with VCDS it's better to find someone to help you.

Edited by aki78
  • Like 1

Thanks for the video. The scary part starts at 6:48!

Glad you managed to finish before the system turned off the ignition. :whew:

In my experience you have only 5-10 minutes from the first warning message...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just completed the update without any issues,  I actually did it with the engine running, started the update before I left for a couple of hour journey, then set off and it completed with 35 minutes.  I guess the warning about not turning on the engine is during the process as it might cut out the radio but if you start it before beginning the process and leave it running appears to be fine.

Just got to get round to getting the VCDS out and clear the errors.

Hi everybody. I have a Amundsen 5E0 035 864 A 09/2013 0421 sw version. I have to add a rear camera. what version I have to? who have the firmware? Skoda on the portal, it has been two years since he said I have no updates to except for maps

thank you very much.

post-125058-0-67513800-1462784045_thumb.png

Edited by Clem34000

Hi everybody. I have a Amundsen 5E0 035 864 A 09/2013 0421 sw version. I have to add a rear camera. what version I have to? who have the firmware? Skoda on the portal, it has been two years since he said I have no updates to except for maps

thank you very much.

The rear camera works with any Fw version. this firmware updates not add new features, only fix bugs&performance.

Ok ok but for To have the mirrorlink/ fulllink, I need updating... I saw that "aki" as the solution to upgrade the app

I'm pretty sure that MirrorLink is only available in new units (last MY15/16) called MIB 2, old units before mid-2015 no mirrorlink avalible and not possible to retrofit (at today).

I send you the update of "aki" by PM, post your results.

thank you very much.

Hi Clem, PM sent. :)

Good news for you: backup camera will work much better with the new FW. Transparent background and auto hiding controls instead of black background.

Check the difference: old vs. new. :)

ok I will do before and after pictures and I'll post. sorry for my english, i'm french and I have a little trouble ... lol Thanks you all ;)