Amunsen MIB1 Firmware

rdb

I know this is the wrong thread/amundsen system.

But i have a mib 2, anyone know what the latest version is, my dealer said i had the latest one.

Hi Guys,

I am new in SKODA car. I was going through the forum to know more about Octavia car's features and functions and this updating Amundsen-software things caught my eyes. I have managed to update the map few days ago using my VIN in SKODA update portal. Now my Hardware is 040 and Software is 0421 (by the way, it is MIB1).

But still i couldn't be very happy with the Satnav as its kind of lagging and reroute takes ages...sometimes direction disappears as well. So I am guessing if updating MAB1 will do any good for me.

Can anyone be kind enough to send me the step to step guideline and latest Softwares. Is there any risk involve of updating the software?

Thought it was time to update the maps in my Nov 2015 reg Scout's Amundsen since I'm shortly off on a road trip to Austria.

I've just put the vin into the Skoda update portal & was surprised to get the report no updates available. Hard to believe my Skoda dealer would have done an unasked for update while the car was in a few months ago for an early oil change but guess I'd better check the software version on the car itself.

Anyone else had this experience .... would have thought there must have been at least one update since the car was built c. mid/2015?

Edited by MikeM46
Typo

12 hours ago, martinstrallye said:

Can someone send me the latest amundsen software too please. I'm on 435

Thanks

What car and MIB you get there. I have got mine already.if you want i can share these with you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2017 at 01:19, automass said:

Hi Guys,

I am new in SKODA car. I was going through the forum to know more about Octavia car's features and functions and this updating Amundsen-software things caught my eyes. I have managed to update the map few days ago using my VIN in SKODA update portal. Now my Hardware is 040 and Software is 0421 (by the way, it is MIB1).

But still i couldn't be very happy with the Satnav as its kind of lagging and reroute takes ages...sometimes direction disappears as well. So I am guessing if updating MAB1 will do any good for me.

Can anyone be kind enough to send me the step to step guideline and latest Softwares. Is there any risk involve of updating the software?

Hi,

The update will not solve your problems, MIB1 is laggy compared to MIB2.

Anyway, there is no risk if you follow the steps provided by Aki.

Edited by slooptoot

• 4 weeks later...

Send me your email in pm or go to my YouTube chanel. And I will send you the link.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know how to downgrade Bolero MIB1 from SW 0490 to 0171 ? I´m asking because after the retrofitting of Bolero instead of my old Swing the voice control on Bolero is not working and mentioned SW downgrade should solve this problem…thanks

M

47 minutes ago, czpida said:

Hi, does anyone know how to downgrade Bolero MIB1 from SW 0490 to 0171 ? I´m asking because after the retrofitting of Bolero instead of my old Swing the voice control on Bolero is not working and mentioned SW downgrade should solve this problem…thanks

M

Voice control works fine with 0490. Maybe some wiring hasn't been done properly? Plus I don't think anyone has the old version.

Ok, on factory assembled Bolero are no problems, but my Bolero was retrofitted, originally my Octavia came from factory with Swing with just BT, without voice control. After I solved online the component protection, the voice control worked fine, but for one hour only.  I was told by my dealer, this is a normal situation after that change and the only was how to solve the problem will be the SW downgrade to 0171 L

Sorry for my English

• 4 weeks later...

I am still having problems since the 0490 update with my unit unable to read SD Cards. It will read USB drives, and plays CDs OK, but SD Cards just aren't accepted. This is enormously frustrating, because USB drives seem to be read much more slowly than SD Cards, which becomes a problem with large drives.

Anyway, I tried copying the 490 update to a USB stick and re-running the update, but the update process checked all the new files against the existing versions on my system, and not surprisingly they were all the same. As a result it would not apply any of them again.

However I think you can probably force the re-application of the update on a module basis. Is this possible, and if so does anyone know exactly which module addresses the reading of SD Cards?

Otherwise does anyone have any other ideas about what might be causing this issue? The HU works fine in every other respect - DAB radio, Bluetooth/phone, CDs and so on.

Hi there! I'm new to this forum so I hope i'm posting on the right topic (if not, sorry). I'm from Romania and I recently bought a skoda octavia Mk III (1st registered in september 2013) from Germany. It has the Amundsen infotainment system, but I don't know wich model. Could someone tell me how can I find what kind of Amundsen do I own? It has BT and Navigation, but I didn't recieve the SD card with the maps. I talked to a Skoda representative and he told me that the SD card is ~420 euro. I think it's a bit "spicy", considering that I saw some Skoda Sd cards on Ebay for ~70 euro, but from what I read, not all the Skoda Sd cards on ebay are compatible with my type of Amundsen infotainment system. Here is a picture with the system information. Thank you for your patience, for reading all my post :)

20170717_192831.jpg