Skoda estelle

Skodapaddy

I suggest you find the nearest Scrutineer to you and have a chat with him about how to mount your belts. It might be worth getting the seat placed temporarily and seeing then. I think that bar is much too close and too low to mount your belts.

Thanks I looked at the rear wishbone upgrades on speed pro they look good but I'm not sure if they are supposed to replace the rear trailing arms as they don't look compatible?

I will have a look at the sites you've given me to see comparisons

As for the cage I will get a scruteneer to look at it but fro. What you say I can now clearly see it's not right so I at take it back to the roll cage shop for adjustment I beleive it has to be 20 degrees from top of seat to restraint

Thanks again

I think the recommended angles for the belts with Hans is between 10 and 30 degrees and there is a recommended distance as well. There was something in one of the recent MSA publications I got sent.

I can remember getting 2 U shaped strengthening pieces for the rear wishbones for my 130 Rapid, provided by Skoda on a recall.  I also think my dealer had a problem fitting them, but it had been used quite hard!

1987Devon2_zps13568480.jpg

Thank you

I had a look this morning the kits they do are perfect!

Can't thank you enough for your help

I've pretty much got all the bits sorted which is unbelievable

I don't suppose you know where I could get some front wings?

Regards to the roll cage I've taken some photos with an old seat which is about 2" away from that bar I'll load the pictures shortly

Thanks

Kolar may take several weeks to reply to any email in my experience! Front wings for the mk2 Estelle - go on Ebay and look up a seller called Skodashop. I don't think he has any advertised at the moment but he can get them new for a reasonable price. Failing that if you go on the Skoda owners club Facebook site you will find someone will have one although there are no active commercial sellers left in the UK other than Skodashop thse days, a guy called Chris Pepper still has odds and ends (on Ebay as Boroskoda) and Skopart.de converse in English, accept Paypal and regularly send me things like bushes and trim parts. Briskoda isn't really the place for old Skodas....it's more geared up and used by people with Octavia and Fabia VRSs

https://www.facebook.com/groups/skodaownersclub/

Have you checked the spec etc of your 136 engine btw? The 136 pistons are crap if you're planning on using that as your rally engine (130 are better)......they're made from Cadbury's crunchie and don't like constant high revs. If you're building a moderately high tune 136 engine with say 110bhp then you will regularly be revving above 6000rpm to achieve that. You can get tougher lightweight pistons with rings called T pistons from Engitec in CZ....I have spent a fortune with him and whilst he isn't the fastest he does always supply the stuff and is quite reasonable. Same deal as Speedpro though.......fill out an order and then email asking about postage.

http://engitec.cz/shop/index.php?action=howToBuy&searchText=〈=2

Ok, good.....you have a distributor drive and a v crank pulley which means its not a very late model (with a v pulley it's more likely to be Favorit!) and you have the space for a spigot bearing. You need to take the rocker cover off to see what valve springs you have. The MPI head has bigger ports and flows better but the valve springs break with regular 5000+rpm use.

That engine does not look brand new though......has it got oil in it? It's been fitted with a filter and spark plugs which would make me think it's been used. Because of the v belt crank pulley it's likely to be pre 1997 and may even be a 135 low compression version - you can only tell by the pistons.....the 135 is basically the same engine but with low compression pistons......which need to go in the bin f you have them

Edited by hawkeracing

Here is the latest FHR ****e from the MSA.....I think angle wise Graham has misinterpreted things......horizontal from the mounting to shoulder is good.

Mandatory use of FHR
With effect from 1 January 2016 the use of FHRs becomes mandatory in Racing, Sprints, Hillclimbs and Stage Rallies – but there are exceptions. In Stage Rallying, Historic Category 1 cars (pre-1968) are exempt. In Sprints and Hillclimbs ‘Roadgoing’ category vehicles are exempt.
Additionally in Sprints and Hillclimbs, as well as in Racing ‘Period defined’ vehicles are exempt, this is cars of Periods A –H, i.e. those constructed prior to 1st January 1977.
A specific document has been circulated in the main MSA newsletter to all licence holders concerning helmet and FHR compatibility which is different for MSA National events compared to International permit events. If you are involved in a championship that involves a round being held outside of the UK, advise competitors to be careful for most ASNs follow the FIA regulations. Therefore irrespective of a race at – for example - Spa-Francorchamps running on an MSA National permit, FIA requirements will likely apply.
In terms of harness/seat/FHR set up, refer to the advice on the FIA website. Although it is recommended that the shoulder attachments are closer together so that the straps go outward from their attachments to go over and round the FHR, this is not mandatory. It is recommended that the shoulder straps be horizontal between the attachment and the user’s shoulders, or that the attachment is at a lower point to make an angle of 0-20o to the horizontal. Note this is a recommendation and if shoulder straps make an angle with the horizontal of 0- 45o this is acceptable. It is not acceptable for the shoulder strap attachments to be at a higher point (creating an angle above the horizontal). Note that (K)1.2.2 is updated so as to allow the fitment of not only door bars, but also harness bars to homologated ROPS, but this is only for MSA National events. The addition of door bars and/or harness bars to homologated ROPS is not permitted under FIA regulations.
Frontal Head Restraints
It is inevitable that this topic is going to repeatedly come up over the next few months. There have been numerous queries concerning tethers. These carry FIA homologation labels and need to be checked for although in normal use they are not loaded they can become worn in use, particular those where the tether are one strap that can move through the mounting points to allow greater rotation of the users head. An FHR in compliance with 8858-2002 can be used with either 8858-202 tethers or with 8858-2010 tethers. For a 8858-2010 FHR only 8858-2010 tethers may be used. In either case 8858-2002 or 8858-2010 helmet anchorages can be used subject to being compatible with the tethers being used. A 8858-2002 helmet can only be fitted with 8858-2002 anchorages and a 8858-2010 helmet can only be fitted with 8858-2010 anchorages.
FHR specific harnesses
There are some harnesses homologated by the FIA which are labelled as “valid with HANS only” or similar. As previously advised, such harnesses can be used with any FIA-homologated Frontal Head Restraint be it a HANS or one of the alternatives. If you see such harnesses in the car then you should be expecting to see an FHR device for the relevant car occupant. Remember that any FIA-homologated harness can be used in conjunction with an FIA-homologated FHR.

I bought two of these engines from a guy who bought out a skoda dealership in London

I don't believe they have ever been fitted to a car as they've never had any oil in

And they still had the tags on

Everything he had was new genuine stuff which I bought a lot of bearing in mind this stuff is 30 years old!

I will strip it down and do more investigation