Skoda estelle

Skodapaddy

I thought the MSA had banned fibreglass doors.

I think the works cars used to be acid dipped. The doors on them were very thin!!

The LR's had alloy door skins, along with the roof skin and bonnet, 

My old GPA one was acid dipped and had quite a few different bits welded in.

but was still fairly heavy with the big guards etc (seem to think 920kg)

std doors are heavy but lots can be cut away.

Nice project :)

• Like 1

The CCC Estelle was built to GPA rules, and had the sill beams from the Rapid cabriolet fitted to increase torsional rigidity (ok and mass but the extra mass was low and inside the wheelbase).

Edited by KenONeill

• 6 years later...
On 18/11/2015 at 20:00, hawkeracing said:

I own moulds for and can get you a fibreglass bonnet made but you would need to collect from Cumbria - it will save you between 10 and 15kgs depending on how brave you are with the thickness.....I am also about to have moulds made for a mk1 bootlid....which is basically a plain flat one that you can then do what you want with....hoping to save another 5kgs+. If you post up on Facebook someone will probably have a birdbath you can buy.....they are hefty things, but if you are stage rallying then they may be useful.....I don't really need the extra cooling and would rather go faster!

Doors would be very difficult to have made in fibreglass.....the moulds would have to be insanely intricate and the doors would probably still need re-enforcing. I can point you in the direction of a company that do plastic window kits.

Hi hawkeracing. Think I messed up the link I found you saying you had a mould for making fiberglass estelle bonnets, just wondering if you still have it and do you still make them. I'm new to skoda ownership but have built a number of vehicles in the past but I'm on my first skoda. Having trouble finding lightweight panels, do you know of any places that manufacture them. Cheers