High pitched sound from the engine

jon15

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 19/12/2015 at 22:42, jon15 said:

Update: I got the charcoal canister hose replaced the other day and the beeping / high pitched noise is now finally gone! The original hose was ribbed (and plastic, I believe), while the new one smooth and made of rubber. The mechanic took the old hose into his hand and blew through it -- and you could hear it produce a loud noise, while blowing through the new hose does not produce any sound (only a slight hush of the air).

Many thanks to the users kristianRS and kimmu for the heads-up on this.

Happy to hear it worked out!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 21:21, kristianRS said:

Happy to hear it worked out!

Well, I've noticed that I can now hear what sounds like pipes knocking against each other at hot idle, when I looked under the bonnet I noticed that the aluminium AC pipe, the larger one is getting hit by this new rubber pipe.  Also I see that on a late 2017 Polo 1.2TSI 110PS there is now a "bridging clamp/clip" holding this EVAP pipe to the small coolant return pipe - so I'd think that this has been added to stop these pipes touching as now the EVAP pipe is held clear away from that AC aluminium pipe.

Just really an update in case it helps anyone else that has had the newer pipe fitted. I plan to try to order a new bridge clamp in, if that fails I'll try to get VW to sort FOC as the car is still under warranty.

• 4 years later...

Well, if the bumps were aimed at me, sorry that I did not update this at the time, I looked through some VW models parts listings, found what I thought could work, ordered it in, the rubber pipe that it clamps to in 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI is slightly smaller so I wrapped the contact area with fabric cable harness tape, and fitted it. It serves its purpose and hold the pipes away from hitting things and pipes apart, so in my case, I ended up improving that 2015 VW Polo to the later build standard.