Mud flaps

Hi RJ22JGB,

Now you've had them on a while, would you say the rears are worth fitting to the Scout? I was so disappointed to be told by my dealer that none were available for the Scout!

They do keep some of the crap off the bumper, but the very rear of the side of the bumper still gets splattered, ideally they should be extended downwards to about 80mm of the ground.

It depends what you use you car for, if you are regularly on dirty roads the flaps extended or not do protect the bumper a bit.

I have a couple of pics but they are too big to post on here, if you PM me your email address, I'll send the pics to you

Hi RJ22JGB,

Now you've had them on a while, would you say the rears are worth fitting to the Scout? I was so disappointed to be told by my dealer that none were available for the Scout!

Dohhh,  have a look at post 12 the pics are there

There a very good idea, I bought them for the front to protect from stone chips, and also they stop muck going up the bottom of your door.

I believe the se and above have the one on as standard, the fronts are nearly as easy to fix, you drill a 7mm hole for the bottom fixing in the plastic wheel arch liner although I used a 6.7mm bit just to get the plastic stud tighter,and the other 2 holes are already there.

Well worth it

Reading the previous posts, I did not get any film with mine, if u look carefully at the edge that is in contact with the paint there is raised parts I assume this is to minimise dirt from damaging the paint, it seams to stand the mudgard off 0.5mm or so. I haven't noticed any film on the rear either and they are factory fit.

I fitted the fronts without the film.  I'd be really surprised if they caused much damage looking how they are fitted.  Rears were on from the factory, and I can say I noticed film on them either as mentioned above.

I fitted the fronts without the film. I'd be really surprised if they caused much damage looking how they are fitted. Rears were on from the factory, and I can say I noticed film on them either as mentioned above.

Meant to say can't not can!

Edited by skyjawa

• 1 month later...

Fitted front mud flaps yesterday, bought them from Superskoda and they are genuine Skoda items.

I took off the front wheels and used a 6.5mm drill.

They sit on the wheel arch liner so no film needed (this is on mk3 non vRS or Scout ).

post-57991-0-46147400-1457893164_thumb.jpg

Anyone fitted superskoda mud flaps on their octy combi III. Are they any good. Any pics. Cheers.

Very good mine came with standard on the rear and I bought them for the front, car gets less muck and hopefully less stone chips

Can someone who's fitted them be nice enough to show us a picture of the all car (not just a zoom on the wheels), just to see how the overall look is with the mudflaps fitted ? Thanks.

Can someone who's fitted them be nice enough to show us a picture of the all car (not just a zoom on the wheels), just to see how the overall look is with the mudflaps fitted ? Thanks.

How's this?

454F9B1A-9AE9-4721-A4A4-F6508B16C1A1_zps

Hard to make out against the ground.

A886638F-B782-4BB2-805D-0D99772BE2C1_zps

Edited by EoinM