Superb Mk2 Xenon headlight adjusting

As above guys

Are these screws towards the wing for the up down adjustment I take it?

I will hook up to Vagcom while adjusting, do anyone know the specific path (central electric/Xenon range?)

Cheers guys!

post-117161-0-90491300-1449239682_thumb.jpg

Edited by Turkeythighs

• 2 years later...

Digging up an old thread, I know.

The xenons on the car appear to be pointing rather low and it's dark. Not going to the stealership, don't need an unwanted ecu update. I've noticed a couple posts about it being potentially dangerous adjusting the headlights without proper diagnostics procedures. Please clarify. I'd like to get as much out of my lights as possible without dazzling oncoming drivers. Should the adjustments be done with the light switch in the AUTO position or all the way to the right?

Can you not just take it to a MOT station or whatever your Estonia equivalent is and get them to adjust your lights to the max height  setting?

I got mine fixed at the mot station as they were pointing to the ground.
In the Uk they need to be set so that they do not blind other drivers 

You can adjust them but should be done with the beam setter..

Edited by DEL80Y
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DEL80Y said:

Can you not just take it to a MOT station or whatever your Estonia equivalent is and get them to adjust your lights to the max height  setting?

I got mine fixed at the mot station as they were pointing to the ground.
In the Uk they need to be set so that they do not blind other drivers 

You can adjust them but should be done with the beam setter..

Exactly the answer I was looking for. I was planning to take the car to the local MOT equivalent, but to make it easier for the both of us I'd already know from where to set the beam and already have the tool at hand for doing it.

I had mine xenons done at Laagri Skoda. Cannot remember the cost, but I think it`s max half an hour job. 

Here is some DIY:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/578065-How-to-Properly-Re-Calibrate-and-Adjust-Adaptive-Bi-Xenon-Headlights

Some say you cannot do it without VCDS because you have to teach the level sensors new headlight positions, but I`m not sure about it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Went to a MOT station (equivalent), had the headlights checked. Apparently the left one was bang on and the right one was pointing a teeny bit low. The technician asked if the lights do their little dance (yes, always have). He adjusted both lights a teeny bit, leaving them as high as he could.

Suppose they were fine the whole time. At some point I started using the normal low beam position on the light switch instead of AUTO, because in AUTO I can't turn the front foglights on. I use the foglights instead of DRL's and other times to keep them dry and functioning. We've replaced several sets of foglights on another car and it keeps going through them due to the nasty salt and them never being used by the driver. The salt eats the light around the socket.

On 9/12/2017 at 20:04, linni said:

I had mine xenons done at Laagri Skoda. Cannot remember the cost, but I think it`s max half an hour job. 

Here is some DIY:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/578065-How-to-Properly-Re-Calibrate-and-Adjust-Adaptive-Bi-Xenon-Headlights

Some say you cannot do it without VCDS because you have to teach the level sensors new headlight positions, but I`m not sure about it.

VCDS is necessary to turn off the adaptive functionality during beam setting - it sets the headlamp position in the nominal 'centre' position. This allows you to set the optimum alignment so that the adaptive system can work to its best.

speaking of AFS xenons...i have a strange effect when driving in "city mode" up to 50km/h, that the left side is way more illuminated than the right.

I notice this much more since the service replaced the left lights after the glass/plastic got cracked. Don't know what they changed exactly (whole light block? only the plastic casing? are the xenon lenses still the old ones?)

I mean the effect is crazy visible. They say the lights are properly calibrated.

I know this is how AFS behaves (moves only left light outward up to 50km/h), but why am i seeing all of a sudden much more difference than before?

When i stop behind a car at a traffic light, i see the left beam coming back into place (moving right). AFS "dance" when starting the car works fine, no issues.

Edited by zice

On 1/13/2018 at 15:14, chimaera said:

They probably put a new bulb in with the new lamp unit.

nop, same bulb. i changed both Osram OEM ones last year with some Philips after they replaced the lamp unit.

can it be that the xenon glass lens itself is new and therefore "shines" better?