S3 2.0 TDI 150bhp MPG Thread

Since I've been doing longer journeys to work my average has gone up, and I've managed to get just over 60mpg on some tank fulls.
The current long term average is 59 on the (pretty accurate) trip computer.

I know that's an O3, rather than S3, but they are capable of some very good figures.

• 2 weeks later...

Have just returned from 2500 miles around europe - 150DSG Estate L&K.

Loaded up with 4 of us and a bootful of luggage we were usually getting high 50s on the 70MPH sections, dropping to low 50s/ high 40s on the 80 mph sections using ACC nearly all the time.

The long term started at low 40s and was up to 50 befoe I managed to reset it by mistake.

There may have been a few moments on the derestricted autobahn where I was only getting low 30s....  but a lot of Smiles per Gallon ;-)

This was a few weeks ago now, thought I'd posted on this thread but clearly I hadn't.... :blush: This was after taking the scenic route home from Trearddur Bay (via Snowdonia). I should point out that the 'trip' was on 426 when I took this photo (that being the mileage since I'd refuelled) giving a range of over 800 miles.!

I normally get low 50's but I think this shows what you can do, and without trying too hard.

IMAG0307.thumb.jpg.1a2a953ad88dbd3dfc25c2b7e232be58.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up my 150 TDI DSG hatch yesterday and it's got 186 miles on it now. The Columbus says it's overall average fuel consumption is 57.4mpg, which I don't think is too bad for a car the size of the Superb, especially as it's brand new and still a bit tight.

Will have to check the average do date on the spreadsheet but this was after arriving at work this morning.  

Driving the 3 miles up the hill to work meant the range dropped from 300.  On Sunday afternoon the sum of the two numbers was over 1000!  This tank has been two trips to work (Rugeley to Romsley so M6-M5 in rush hour), one trip to High Wycombe (70 where possible) and one trip to Winchester (70 where possible).  Average on the return from Winchester last night was showing 75 before I hit the Birmingham traffic. 

Can't complain too much, it is using less than the 2.0tdi 150hp Octavia it replaced.

IMG_0004.JPG

• Like 1