Service reset

Alexandru

I tried to reset my service reminder, but without any luck. The steps I've been doing:

1: turn off ignition

2. Push the reset button and keep it pressed

3. Turn on ignition

4. Release the reset button

5. It shows Oil and of press for one second on the reset button it shows inspect

6. Twist the reset buttom to the right and it shows ---

7. Release the button and turn off the ignition

8. When turning on the ignitiom it says again insp.

What am I doing wrong here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks right, tried doing that myself a while back after the first service and did take a couple of attempts. Since then I've used an OBD cable and VCDS or similar to reset as it was a bit easier. If you don't have a cable already would be handy to get for code reading/resets anyway.

OK I think.....

Turn off ignition, leave key in!

Push and hold in the reset button for 8 seconds.

Keep reset button pressed in and turn on ignition.

Keep reset button pressed until display resets.

I think that's how I did it!!

Do I also have to twist it to the right ?

Later edit: it doesn't work even with the 8 seconds press on the reset button. Huge WTF?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Alexandru

Taken from page 12 of the Mk.1 2007 Fabia handbook.

1/ Press the reset button with the ignition off, and hold it down.

2/ Switch the ignition on and release the button and turn the reset button to the right,

3/ All counters will be reset to zero.

Already tried that, no luck. Also, is there a way to calibrate the indicators? I had to take down the instruments panel to fit the reset button (it came broken when I bought the car). I couldn't really put all the needles in the same position because when on the table, everything was alright, but when connecting the two cables behind the instruments panel, all needles dropped with a few mm and now speedometer, coolant and fuel levels are a bit to the right with ~2mm.

VCDS did it for me. I've went into 17 Instruments Panel - 10 Adaptation and placed the following figures:

chn 5, 6, 10, 11, 12 - 255

chn 7 - 63.

I've also managed to calibrate my fuel gauge by lowering the value to 120 in chn 30. Not the best option, VCDS tells me I have left 14 litres of fuel in the tank and the needle is pretty close to the middle, but it is a start. It doesn't allow me to go under 120 for some reasons. I've to find a way to calibrate the coolant needle as well.

867a03d6471396b9850cc53fec3f70fe.jpg

Edited by Alexandru
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is not RIP .. yet. I've checked the manual regarding the fuel needle. It seems there should be a way to enter a value lower than 120 or higher than 136, but I can't figure out how. When I'm getting back to that menu, it still says 120 and when I'm trying to put a lower value it just doesn't allow me to do it. What am I doing wrong? 

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-10%20at%206.49.5

It means that you cannot go outside that range no matter how many times you try!

I've misunderstood the guide. I thought that it was allowing the user to lower the value by going back to 10 - adaptation. I need to take off the instruments panel and readjust the needles, right?  :thumbdown:

Dang ... I've already tried twice to adjust the needles but they do move when the ignition switch is turned on and / or the connectors are plugged in.

They should move to the zero position in the case of the speedo and rev counter, and the fuel and temperature gauge will move to reflect the fuel and temperature levels.

I've had the panel taken apart to replace the button which is used to change the time / reset the trip counter. In order to do that, I've had to take down all the needles. When refitted them, I've put all of them at zero position, but when I plugged the cables, the needles moved. I cannot adjust them with the cables connected and the plastic screen off because it there isn't enough space. *I think* somebody who replaced the dashboard lights might be able to give me a hint here.

• 1 month later...

OK I think.....

Turn off ignition, leave key in!

Push and hold in the reset button for 8 seconds.

Keep reset button pressed in and turn on ignition.

Keep reset button pressed until display resets.

I think that's how I did it!!

This is exactly how I have just reset mine.

Rather than count to 8, just hold the reset button on the speedo until you see these - - - across the display and release :)

This is exactly how I have just reset mine.

Rather than count to 8, just hold the reset button on the speedo until you see these - - - across the display and release :)

But you don't see the --- until you've turned the ignition back on....??

You've still to count to 8 before switching it off initially!

BUT it was 2 years ago since I last did it haha

It seems that mine wasn't that pleased with this procedure, but VCDS did it for me, as explained above. I fancy now to swap my 2 din Pioneer HU with an Android running one, along with an ELM 327 OBD2 adapter. But, as nothing goes like planned, my ECU isn't recognized by an ELM adapter, so I have to stick with the VCDS cable and a laptop.  :swear:

Later edit: I still haven't managed to calibrate the needles. It still shows me higher coolant temp and a higher level of fuel in the tank. Mhhrr

Edited by Alexandru

Do I also have to twist it to the right ?

Not unless you want to change time .

• Like 1

• 2 years later...