picking up the new motor tomorrow:

1.2 TSI 110

17" black twist wheels

sports suspension

monte carlo estate

black pearl

sat nav

auto lights package

im looking to make a few minor mods to it, keep with the red and black theme. but due to me purchasing on the personal care plan thing ive got to keep it pretty stock.

would this mean things like a tune would /remap void my warranty?

also looking for some inspiration on some little touches. rebadging with black/red or debadging back, some kind of overall theme i can take onto the wheel caps

basically looking for you guys to post me some pics to inspire me. ive yet to see pics of the mc estate in black with 17" rims and sports suspension.

kinda feel like a kid on xmas eve now. due to some tough times of late my current car is a proper piece of french poop :)

also, will this one have the new smart link stuff? the brochures arent that clear. its a 65 plate.i currently have an old iphone 4 but think i might upgrade to android, how do people find the smartphone stuff?

cheers mate,

so nothing in terms of messing with engine then? ecu, remaps etc (im pretty ignorant about this lol, just know most of my mates tune theirs)

would simple stuff like rebadging (say in black) void it too?

I have heard of companies that do remaps and if something needs doing under warranty they will remove the map and then put it back after providing you still have the paperwork to prove you had the work done so you could go down that route.

Cosmetic things like coloured badges or stickers won't make a difference its when you get technical problems could arise if trying to make a warrenty claim.

• Like 1

I have heard of companies that do remaps and if something needs doing under warranty they will remove the map and then put it back after providing you still have the paperwork to prove you had the work done so you could go down that route.

Cosmetic things like coloured badges or stickers won't make a difference its when you get technical problems could arise if trying to make a warrenty claim.

cheers man, im not even sure whats possible from these tsi engines.

cool that i can kind of do an all black theme. with a touch of red. always wanted to try this since i was a kid. every driving game i ever played  i had black and red cars, :)

cheers man, im not even sure whats possible from these tsi engines.

cool that i can kind of do an all black theme. with a touch of red. always wanted to try this since i was a kid. every driving game i ever played  i had black and red cars, :)

To be honest I've no idea either when it comes to the 1.2tsi lol, my fabia is on is on a pcp deal and it's completely standard apart from number plate led bulbs and I've changed my interior light to green led to match my exterior just to be different :-)

To be honest I've no idea either when it comes to the 1.2tsi lol, my fabia is on is on a pcp deal and it's completely standard apart from number plate led bulbs and I've changed my interior light to green led to match my exterior just to be different :-)

i managed to bag the 17s and lowered suspension for a good deal. got satnav thrown in too :)

the green led sounds cool. got any pics? red might look cool in mine.

There is a tuning box for the 1.2 TSi 110, claims to give up to 135bhp.

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_van_petrol_tuning_boxes/skoda/fabia_/12_tsi_108_bhp_110_ps_81_kw_C6899.html

However I wouldnt advise doing any modding to the car until its out of warranty. Also insurance implications. Skoda would turn down any warranty claims because of modding.

Just enjoy the car for what it is, I think you'll be surprised how fast they are.

• Like 1

I have a 65 plate 110 and the smartlink works fine on any iphone which is iphone5 or later. Iphone 4/4s wont work - too old. 

Don't touch anything mod wise otherwise your warranty will be voided. I too looked at what I could do myself - needle staging, little tweaks etc but realised  it would screw me if anything was to go wrong. Your choice obv, but probably not worth the risk imo.

• Like 1

bah, wrote a long reply and it didnt seem to post. this one will be more concise!

got the car. looks great, better than i hoped :) drives great too. nippy and lovely gearbox. firm but grippy (esp on new tyres!) with the sports suspension. and the 17" look great :)

Nice.
But black? Hope youll have a jumbobottle of carwash for free with the car. :)

old fella at work always waxes and washes his s-line black a5 on a friday, think i will join him. his cars look mint for their age. think i need a mr mayagi wax on lesson from him :) or coat the whole car in that water resistant stuff :) 

I have a 65 plate 110 and the smartlink works fine on any iphone which is iphone5 or later. Iphone 4/4s wont work - too old. 

Don't touch anything mod wise otherwise your warranty will be voided. I too looked at what I could do myself - needle staging, little tweaks etc but realised  it would screw me if anything was to go wrong. Your choice obv, but probably not worth the risk imo.

cool. an excuse to upgrade my phone :) the mrs had it all hooked up to her android. she nicked it all afternoon!

There is a tuning box for the 1.2 TSi 110, claims to give up to 135bhp.

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_van_petrol_tuning_boxes/skoda/fabia_/12_tsi_108_bhp_110_ps_81_kw_C6899.html

However I wouldnt advise doing any modding to the car until its out of warranty. Also insurance implications. Skoda would turn down any warranty claims because of modding.

Just enjoy the car for what it is, I think you'll be surprised how fast they are.

yeah, good call man. its nippier than last car so will keep it as is. could do without dropping £400 more on that anyway :) xmas and all that

cheers for all the replies guys, hope this posts this time!

I can not understand why you would want to start pimping your car up? I think you need to consider why you bought this car in the first place. It is a great car, but just enjoy it as it is. Don't go making it look like a dickheads car.

• Like 1

I can not understand why you would want to start pimping your car up? I think you need to consider why you bought this car in the first place. It is a great car, but just enjoy it as it is. Don't go making it look like a dickheads car.

Nothing over the top being proposed as far as I can see; nothing wrong with a bit of personalisation........... I see many Skoda drivers with a flat cap obviously to enhance their driving experience ;-)

Regards Bob