Electric folding wing mirrors retrofit (now with puddle lights when folded)

26 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Look at address 42 and 52:

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver        Labels: 1K0-959-701-MAX3.lbl
   Part No SW: 1T0 959 701 AA    HW: 1T0 959 701 AA
   Component: Tuer-SG         009 2120  

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.        Labels: 1K0-959-702-MAX3.lbl
   Part No SW: 1T0 959 702 S    HW: 1T0 959 702 S
   Component: Tuer-SG         009 2120  

Cheers dude. One to check when the car's back :)

58 minutes ago, Inex said:

Is this possible on a pre FL elegance?

Note: Already have puddle lights and reverse dip.

Short answer, no.

Not without at the very least a major rewire and component update and even then I'm not sure it's possible.

• Sad 1

On 16/06/2017 at 22:20, dilksie said:

If anyone is looking to do this mod I have just fitted folding mirrors to my FL VRS and used the following door modules

Drivers - 1T0959701N

Passengers - 1T0959702N

Eeprom editing also worked on these for illumination when folded.

On a pre FL there was never a motorised mirror option. It would have to be done with fl mirrors, if they can be made to fit. They are quite different. 

• 3 months later...
On 14/08/2017 at 12:26, Inex said:

Is this possible on a pre FL elegance?

Note: Already have puddle lights and reverse dip.

Is it possible to retro fit wing mirror puddle lights and reverse dip to a 2008 pre facelift vrs?

What would be required, apart from a pair of elegance wing mirrors and some coding?

Hmm. Think you need to draw wires for the lights unless they are already present.

My car has them from the factory. The only reason I mentioned them in my post is because I think that's all the cabling you can get from the factory to a pre-fl.

This is a pic of what mine look. See the 2 cables going into the puddle lights. You need to install those too if you don't have them. No need for a whole mirror. Just the bottom part I think.

IMG_20171117_152929.jpg

13 minutes ago, Inex said:

Hmm. Think you need to draw wires for the lights unless they are already present.

My car has them from the factory. The only reason I mentioned them in my post is because I think that's all the cabling you can get from the factory to a pre-fl.

This is a pic of what mine look. See the 2 cables going into the puddle lights. You need to install those too if you don't have them. No need for a whole mirror. Just the bottom part I think.

IMG_20171117_152929.jpg

OK. I guess this would involve removing the door card and threading wires through the gator between door and body. Then where would they connect to - CECM?

How about reverse dip, does that require any retrofitting?

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2017 at 12:29, Eddie-NL said:

Cool, thanks Eddie. As @Inex said, his pfl Elegance already has puddle lights and reverse dip.  If I wanted to retrofit this, would I still only require the door module and memory mirror?  Can these be obtained from any Elegance model, for example: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Octavia-1-9TDI-Mk2-2004-2012-Breaking-ALL-PARTS-AVAILABLE/292317956991?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Is there any wiring required into the cabin, i.e. to the CECM?  I imagine if so, it becomes a lot more involved as the cabling will be part of the existing loom.

• 4 weeks later...

Had my car scanned.

Though the last letter is different, can I assume I can play and play the mirrors?

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver        Labels:. 1K0-959-701-MIN3.clb

Part No SW: 1T0 959 701 T    HW: 1T0 959 701 T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.        Labels:. 1K0-959-702-MIN3.clb

Part No SW: 1T0 959 702 R    HW: 1T0 959 702 R

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, tonyblue said:

Had my car scanned.

Though the last letter is different, can I assume I can play and play the mirrors?

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver        Labels:. 1K0-959-701-MIN3.clb

Part No SW: 1T0 959 701 T    HW: 1T0 959 701 T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.        Labels:. 1K0-959-702-MIN3.clb

Part No SW: 1T0 959 702 R    HW: 1T0 959 702 R

Thanks!

these controllers don't support folding mirrors

• 9 months later...
On 23/12/2015 at 17:34, langers2k said:

The final issue was that the puddle lights did not illuminate when the mirrors were folded (worked normally when unfolded).Turns out this is part of the door mirror EEPROM and can be changed via ODIS-e or VCP (not VCDS). It's a ten minute job to reprogram the two door modules and now I have puddle lights regardless of mirror position. I have no idea what the stock behaviour is so if anyone with factory fitted electric folding mirrors with puddle lights can let me know the stock behaviour that would be great!

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone know the EEPROM changes that are required to have the puddle lights on when the mirrors are folded? I'd like to see if I can implement this!

3 hours ago, langers2k said:

No wonder I couldn't find what I was looking for, I wasn't searching in German! :D

Thanks, I'll have a crack at this next time I get my car hooked up to VCP.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there two types of folding mirrors for the fl mk2?

Is there a automatic dimming and a normal one?

Drivers side one from breakers yard has the line with the wide angle view just like my non power fold, I thought they didn’t have the wide view and had a blue tint.

There is only one kind of folding mirror (aside from LHD/RHD differences) but they can have either dimming or non-dimming mirror glass.

You can add or remove the dimming glass easily enough, it's just the glass and two(?) wires to the door controller assuming it supports it.

Just remembered, the dimming function isn't controlled by the door controller.

One wire runs from the dimming mirror, through the door loom and to the auto-dimming rear view mirror. That's what turns them on/off. Pretty sure the other wire is just ground :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/10/2018 at 13:19, gabi2004 said:

hi! my controlers  does not suport folding...what can i do?

Replace them.

They look to be pre-fl part numbers so it may be a challenge to fit folding mirrors are I think they are FL only.