Forge motorsports BOV

Just a quick one!

I have got a forge motorsports BOV but spoken to a couple of people who have had these fitted and they have thrown up the EML light and cause it to miss fire?

Anyone else had this problem as I haven't had no problems at all so just wondering

Many thanks Jordan

Welcome to the forum.

Plenty have had issues with a Forge BOV as you will see with a bit of a search.

If yours is fitted and you have no issues, then no need to stress over it.

Run good plugs with the correct gap and at least 97 ron fuel and you should not have Misfires or Warning Lights Emissions or ECP 

but you might still be aware of an issue with the gear changes.

Yeah I'm already running good plugs and I have had a problem when putting my foot down in manual mode in gear one it totally cuts power and it feels like I'm in a kangaroo could this be connected and could someone post a link to this dump valve, but apart from that no warning light

Cheers

So you should change pretty much straight away

And does anyone know anything about the gearbox only meant to be able to handle 250fbt as some one told me there a "dry box" just need as much info as possible before mapping

The figures are '184 lb/ft / 250 Nm' that are given for a standard Twincharger.

There are plenty members here with Tuning Boxes, or Stage 1 @ 205 bhp plus & a few with Stage 2 over 220 bhp and standard DQ200 DSG.

So 300Nm plus.

No uprated Clutch Packs or Software.

What age car do you have,

and has it needed or is one that can have the 'Free' Skoda Service Campaign work done?

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

Until recently there were plenty saying they could Remap a CTHE, but nobody ever came on here that could get anyone to do it.

Now it has been done, but with the ECU opened.

A Stage 1 APR.

Plenty threads on the subject if you just search.

http://ecotune-scotland.co.uk

They were the first that were credited on here with doing it.

I take it you are going Stage 2.

There are a few members that can help you on Stage 2, but their cars are CAVE engines. 

No idea if anyone in the UK has a Stage 2 CTHE.

Maybe check the VIN and see if your car comes up as needing the Service Campaign work on your DSG.

They change the Synthetic Oil for Mineral and do a Software Update on the DSG ECU if needed.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 1

Watch when fitting they dont supply screw that are about 4x too long for screwing the vacum sensor onto the intake manifold...i did and it took lots of effort an swearing to get them in far enough(never thought to chop them at the time)

Never had any issues with mine atall other than it sounds a bit strange compared to most bovs but i did get a nice bit of flutter under low boost witg my carbon intake

• Like 1

• 1 year later...