NOISE IN REAR SUSPENSION

Yes i asked for it, and they wanted me to book a new day to look into 'everything else'. :(

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

That sucks.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Any info on what build week the new parts started to be fitted on the production line, my father in law's was built early May, he's not complained about ride quality so I assume they resolved production before rolling out retro fit via dealers.

Edited by Matt Pez

• 3 months later...

Any news from the ones that already made the repair ?

Yes, there is news and "competent" explanation by Škoda factory... Enjoy it. Just one little thing when using our Superbs - we have to drive on parquet. And that's it! No any rattles, no suspicious sounds...

Thank you for your letter of 12th of October 2016 addressed to Mr. Bernhard Maier, Chairman of ŠKODA Board of Directors.

We would like to inform you that Mr. Bernhard Maier is familiar with your case and based on the nature of the matter, he

entrusted our Customer Care department to review the matter and respond to letter.

We regret to learn about your dissatisfaction. We would like

to assure you that SKODA Auto manufacturer is conscious of its responsibility for high quality and reliability of their vehicles

and we do our best to meeting our customer’s expectations.

From our exclusive representative in Latvia we have requested the detailed report on the controls of your

car carried on your car in terms of the noise from the front part of the car when over undulations. Our technicians also had

watched the video to which you are referring in your letter.

We came to conclusion that the respective noise does not have a nature of the manufacturing defect but is the standard

phenomenon associated with the gearbox type when the vehicle is driving in nonstandard conditions, in this case when the car is

occasionally crossing over the undulations. Please understand that the model Superb is designed as limousine car and nonstandard

off road driving can induce some nonstandard phenomenons that do not appear in normal operation of the car.

For that reason, we cannot provide a technical solution because this noise coming during the off road driving is not considered

to be a fault.

We hope for your understanding.

Yours faithfully,

Pavlina KNEBLOVA

Customer care/Kundenbetreuung

SKODA AUTO a.s.

Czech Republic

• Like 1

Deerjohn/martinib.

Have you had an independent engineering assessment of your car (s)? if not I suggest you do so.

I dont think anyone else on here has the issues that you are constantly reporting. I am not denying that you have an issue with Skoda but just because Skoda say 'it is not a problem' doesn't mean it isn't !! Lets not forget they have a vested interest. VW emissions anyone? (p.s. I see today that the UK government is starting to make noises about compensation for VW owners affected by that issue.)

Secondly, there wasn't a 'fight' over the rear suspension here in the UK. The condition was recognised and accepted very quickly; what took the time was identifying, supplying and fitting of proper replacement parts. Since those were fitted I have had no problems. So again no complaint about Skoda on the issue from me (and I think many others?)

So if you go ahead with an independent report and that does agree that there is an issue then that might help all of us if this issue does start to manifest itself here in the UK. That would be far more helpful than just coming on here at every opportunity to moan about Skoda.

thank you in anticipation.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

With the colder mornings my car has started making an almighty clonking noise over the first couple of speed bumps on the way to work.  The noise comes from behind me just after the rear wheels have come off the bump back onto the road.  The first time it happened I thought something had broken.

When it warms up though the noise stops.  I was going to wait until the first service to mention the occasional rumbling noise but I think I'll have to book it in earlier.

With the colder mornings my car has started making an almighty clonking noise over the first couple of speed bumps on the way to work. The noise comes from behind me just after the rear wheels have come off the bump back onto the road. The first time it happened I thought something had broken.

When it warms up though the noise stops. I was going to wait until the first service to mention the occasional rumbling noise but I think I'll have to book it in earlier.

I have same problem. After weather came back to around +6 celsius - this sound almost gone.

My Superb is 6 months old and 3500 miles on the clock and it has clonked at the back from new. I got so fed up with it on holiday that I rang my Newcastle under Lyme Skoda agent when I got home, and servicing said this fault is not on the list of reported problems by Skoda so they did not know about it, and he scoffed when I mentioned that it was frequently reported on Briskoda forum. He said I shouldn't take any notice of forums. I have had four Skodas but because of this attitude and the fault, I will be looking at other cars at the end of the three year lease.

• Like 1

When it comes to the overall performance of the suspension then small rattle´s are normal with the new Superb.

Meaning that the frequency of the suspension working is in the level that a humans ear can hear it.

This is one very important thing that all of you need to understand. When you look at premium car´s , like Audis and BMW´s then you can´t really hear it.

Every suspension is making some noise, the only thing is that will you be able to hear it?!?

My Superb like all you others does some kind of rattling noise, but I´ve gotten used to it and it´s not really abnormal. 

When it really really buggs you then go to the dealership and let them handle it. They will put somekind of noise reduction material into the car.

Atleast so they did with mine. The overall performance got a little better but tbh it did not change drastically.

The point that Skoda has done wrong is that at the moment people are comparing new Superbs with Audis and BMW´s. Only the cars cost pretty much 10 - 15k less than counterparts from Audi and Bmw.

You can´t get the same performance from a Skoda Superb and an A6. It just isin´t logical and no way to fight it anyways.

Cheers.

Indrek.

... and it´s not really abnormal. ..

bullškoda :)

twice cheaper 2009 Hyundai Sonata hadn't any rattles during first 5 years,

yes, after 1992 Audi 100 2.8i performance weren't enough for me

cause 2.0CRDi 155ps diesel can't be compared to to Audi's V6 170ps,

but now i learned - never diesel again, same with Škoda and maybe VAG too :(

rear rattles are solved, but front rejected

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update on mine - dropped it off this morning and had one of the technicians go for a quick test run with me. He heard the noise almost as soon as we left the forecourt thanks to Sheffield's pot-holed back streets.

I've just had a call to say they've identified that it's the hydro-bushes (as I suspected given this thread) so I've left it with them to fit updated parts when they arrive on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

Today in Riga (Latvia) is -11°C and rattle in rear suspension (hydro bushes) is again back!!! Has anyone noticed the same phenomenon when temp. goes under 0°C rattle sound in hydro bushes is again back? Whereas, when temp. goes above 0°C then no any rattle sound anymore?! Original hydro bushes were replaced by new type of bushes on May, 2016.

Edited by Deerjohn

Škoda owners meet in service :(

the third time I met DeerJohn in less period than a year.

crossing fingers, my rear bushes still ok,

but dealer can't find why engine's fan spins on highest revs most the time,

as result lot of noise and just 80°C cold Oil after ~70 min driving

Škoda owners meet in service :(

the third time I met DeerJohn in less period than a year.

crossing fingers, my rear bushes still ok,

but dealer can't find why engine's fan spins on highest revs most the time,

as result lot of noise and just 80°C cold Oil after ~70 min driving

Question: What is printed on the last pages of Skoda service manual?

Answer: Public transport timetables! :D

Superbs in Latvia really seem to be substandard compared to all other countries;-)

However Superbs in Latvia have a special feature - a heated rear window, in order keep our hands warm when we push them to service :D  Simply clever...