Driving Day 2016

Toxicvrs

Right, provisional date of the 17th April 2016 (10:30 at first grouping point), group up at Brecon Aldi, will get post code later on,

Then up to Newtown grouping at Tesco, down to Llanidloes and through to Rhayader, where we will head up into the Elan valley potentially for some lunch, back then down to Newbridge on Wye, finishing at Llandovery Tesco :)

• Like 4

Quick 300 odd miles (including running down from home), but I like the idea. Last year was good fun. I'd be up for this, I'll try and keep the day free.

• Like 1

Well it is 2 hours 45 driving, depends on lunch stops etc but I'd imagine mid afternoon

In that case count me in. Gunna probably stay over the Friday night and enjoy the weekend over there.

• Like 1

Will that take us along that fabulous B road between Newbridge on Wye and Beulah?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Ohh yes :D being a local it's one of my favourites

Excellent!

Sold! I'm going to have to come now! :P

• Like 1

Im in. Just out of curiosity where is said road that you're all talking about? might take a treck there soon. one of my favourite routes for a nice drive is from home, up the valleys towards maerdy, over the mountain to aberdare then over through brecon, abergavenny and then back through merthyr toward pontypridd. 

Would love to check this nice road out that you're on about though!

Daz, take a look at last year's thread. I posted a map of the route but it's nowhere near the valleys, and it's way better than anything you've driven. It's better than the route from Hirwaun to storey arms.

I deserted brisky without checking up on the last thread.. will most likely pop along, hopefully have the car mapped by then too. I think my friend may pop along too if his RS3 is built and delivered by then!

Llandovery Tesco :)

May struggle with that one unless they build it real quick :p Been the talk of the town for over a decade but no sign of it... site is opposite the Coop though so maybe finish there or the big car park near the castle https://goo.gl/maps/AthAo38dMUG2  :)

May be up for this depending on work, first 3 weeks of April is going to be hell :(

Edited by DanHarper
  • Like 2