David Bowie R.I.P.

moley

Can't believe David Bowie has left us. First album I bought was Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from Mars.

• Like 3

Wow what a shock, always my idol, saw him as Ziggy in Bradford at St George's and many times since, got all his  albums on vinyl , last couple not great though, a true icon

• Like 4

Very shocked - especially with the recent material due for release.

I grew up with an Uncle who adored Bowie and had an amazing collection of his albums.

Certainly brings back many fond memories for me..... R.I.P.

• Like 3

Shocked doesn't come close. Legend and innovator. The first single I ever played repeatedly on its release was Jean Genie and invested in his music ever since.

Great memories of an ultimate explorer crossing many genres. Respect .

• Like 2

Sad news

Always thought he was very weird, but no doubting his influence on music

I was never a huge fan of his music, but I did like a few tracks of his...Ashes to ashes, Heroes, Major Tom, China Girl....etc..

He will be missed

Somehow he was one of those who you always just think will be there forever.

Remember at college a load of us were sat round jamming and we ended up playing "Sound and vision" for about an hour. The guy knew how to make a vibe. There's so much good music in his later stuff too if you give it time to grow on you.

• Like 1

I could never listen an entire Bowie album in one sitting, but.. he did have such a wide range you can pick different bits of different albums and work away.

im not huge fan, but have mega respect for just how talented a guy he was. It takes the knowledge of ones ability to be able to pull off the stuff he did when he did it. But, given his constant suppirt of smaller gigging bands (turning up at their little back room of pub sessions) to see what theyre about and popping in for a chat with them after - he really was a lynch pin of the global industry.. cannot think of anyone in todays "popular artists" that icould see myself saying that about in 20yrs time...

• Like 2

My mum loved David bowie always playing his music. So I kinda liked listening to his music. Great talent some amazing songs starman was one of my favorites. There's a great cover of this on YouTube by a NASA astronaut look it up. Will be missed.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

My mum loved David bowie always playing his music. So I kinda liked listening to his music. Great talent some amazing songs space oddity was one of my favorites. There's a great cover of this on YouTube by a NASA astronaut look it up. Will be missed.

I could never listen an entire Bowie album in one sitting, but.. he did have such a wide range you can pick different bits of different albums and work away.

im not huge fan, but have mega respect for just how talented a guy he was. It takes the knowledge of ones ability to be able to pull off the stuff he did when he did it. But, given his constant suppirt of smaller gigging bands (turning up at their little back room of pub sessions) to see what theyre about and popping in for a chat with them after - he really was a lynch pin of the global industry.. cannot think of anyone in todays "popular artists" that icould see myself saying that about in 20yrs time...

Try Station to Station, that's one album that all the tracks are great, no stocking fillers! and only 6 tracks, title track a bit like band on the run, ( wings) changes 3 times in style , Golden years goes without saying a classic, and wild is the wind, a great love song , brilliant lyrics and still sounds as if it could have been released today ,not in 77 

• Like 1

Try Station to Station, that's one album that all the tracks are great, no stocking fillers! and only 6 tracks, title track a bit like band on the run, ( wings) changes 3 times in style , Golden years goes without saying a classic, and wild is the wind, a great love song , brilliant lyrics and still sounds as if it could have been released today ,not in 77 

Depend on what you taste is - personally I don't like TVC15 but love the rest of the album. There are so many great albums to choose from.

I've dug out my old tour T-Shirts this week as a tribute - been wearing a different one each day. I'm sat here in my Glass Spider Tour T from 1987 and it still fits. I did try my Serious Moonlight Tour T on - I could get it on but not wear it all day  :S mind I was 19 in 83.

• Like 1

I can't believe I overlooked StS until now - fantastic album. I was never a major fan but loved Low and Heroes.

Sad, but if he hadn't passed away I'd probably have overlooked Blackstar as well - a rewarding if uncomfortable listen.

He rose even higher in my estimation when he didn't bother with a funeral as he didn't want to create a fuss. The man had style.

• Like 1

I can't believe I overlooked StS until now - fantastic album. I was never a major fan but loved Low and Heroes.

Sad, but if he hadn't passed away I'd probably have overlooked Blackstar as well - a rewarding if uncomfortable listen.

He rose even higher in my estimation when he didn't bother with a funeral as he didn't want to create a fuss. The man had style.

Just looked at my vinyl copy,  it actually came out in 76 not 77 so even more remarkable it doesn't sound dated , and googled it, came out Jan 23rd 76, so made in 75!  

• Like 2