Recommendations for best Car Care Exterior kit?

Rebelred

Hi, can any of you recommend a good car care exterior kit for around €100 or so? Would require paint & glass polish/sealant, wheel care etc. & be easy to apply. I was looking at the G technique range but very pricey when factoring in currency & delivery. Thanks in advance

You will no doubt get tonnes of answers as to what people prefer...

Personally if I was you I'd look at Clean Your Ride. This is a sample website, very good value & will save you spending money on the bigger bottles if it's something you don't end up getting on with or providing you with the results your after.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

As Karl has said, plenty of very good suppliers & options out there. Gtechniq is nice but perhaps a bit pricey.

I would perhaps suggest the Autobrite kit as a good starter; and easily added to and topped up:-

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/valeting-detailing-kits-gifts/valeting-collection-wash-kits/the-autobrite-250ml-deluxe-gift-car-care-pack.html

Otherwise - as Karl suggests Clean Your Ride Samples might be a really good option.

If you drop Andy Smith an email or message on Facebook - detailing what you are after;

then he will be happy to discuss options and put a kit together for you, for sure.

If you contact Andy @ CYR ...feel free to mention my name - he will look after you,

as he sorted out my Xmas Advent calendar and other presents  :thumbup:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Well worth it. Tested 95% of the range now & not one bad product!

That's good to know.... I'm only about 50% in to the kit; but so far really happy with those tested.

The beading off the deflector shield and gloss boss topper is superb :)

• Like 1

That's good to know.... I'm only about 50% in to the kit; but so far really happy with those tested.

The beading off the deflector shield and gloss boss topper is superb :)

It's a winning combo for sure!

• Like 1

Tbh I am not sure ANY products are massively better then any others

I do find its down to personal preference :-/

I have been a user of AG for years and years which for me they are cheap easy to use and can buy most places

Tbh I am not sure ANY products are massively better then any others

I do find its down to personal preference :-/

I have been a user of AG for years and years which for me they are cheap easy to use and can buy most places

Completely agree with that comment. A lot of things nowadays are down to personal preference. There are some bad products out there don't get me wrong.

I've used Autoglym for a number of years and still have quite a stash of it but don't tend to use it much nowadays.

• Like 1

Completely agree with that comment. A lot of things nowadays are down to personal preference. There are some bad products out there don't get me wrong.

I've used Autoglym for a number of years and still have quite a stash of it but don't tend to use it much nowadays.

I've used Autoglum ever since i started cleaning my first car..... and it still has place on the garage shelves.

I seem to remember brand snobbery being mentioned before, but i dont think its ever the case.

AG Glass polish, car interior shampoo, SRP, and shampoo are all on the shelves in my garage;

plus i have AG HD wax in the wax cupboard too :rock:

...use what works for you! Simples...

Happens that i enjoy the process of using and testing new brands too; and as Karl has seen...

EZ car care has made a great entrance into the market with good products at low prices :thumbup:

So not a bad place to start for anyone looking...... equally - Halfords 3 for 2 works great too.

• Like 1

Yea the 3 for 2 offer always helps with stocking up!

On that topic - a great recommendation in the latest Halford's line-up :-

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/shampoo-polish-wax/waxaddict-foshow-extreme-gloss-spray-wax

Currently testing this on a friends car.... 4 weeks after application and the beading still looks great.

So i would highly recommend this to anyone for a regular routine and so easy to use.

626.jpg

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/shampoo-polish-wax/waxaddict-foshow-extreme-gloss-spray-wax

Currently testing this on a friends car.... 4 weeks after application and the beading still looks great.

So i would highly recommend this to anyone for a regular routine and so easy to use.

626.jpg

I had an email through from Wax Addict about this launch as I was a previous subscriber to the Waxybox sets.

I haven't tried these but I am curious.  Even more curious that quite a seemingly niche company(Wax Addict/Waxybox) has A) Gotten their products into Halfords B) Has chosen Halfords as the platform to launch what I assume is a product for detailing savvy consumers.

To be clear I have no snobbery about Autoglym and similar products however I don't tend to use Halfords as my shop of choice for detailing kit.

Always good to use Halfords when deals are there. :)

3 for 2 on Farecla clay mitts and the Waxaddict Foshow; plus the quidco cashback link as well.

Win-win!

I wonder if they stock the Wax addict gear in our local halfords?

Could be worth a trip up with the 3 for 2 on!

• Like 1

I wonder if they stock the Wax addict gear in our local halfords?

Could be worth a trip up with the 3 for 2 on!

They are a bit hit and miss locally; but free delivery on orders over £30 anyway.

So i wait until i need enough and just order online.... :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

626.jpg

I'm also interested in this. Would you say it's a spray on sealant like Sonax BSD or more like a quick detailer. Also does it add much gloss to a previously waxed car

I'm also interested in this. Would you say it's a spray on sealant like Sonax BSD or more like a quick detailer. Also does it add much gloss to a previously waxed car

Hello... I see you are new to the forum... Welcome aboard! :)

Waxaddict have their own QD, which this is not. Also I wouldn't compare it directly to BSD as that is more of QS as you say. Although it's safe to say it's as easy to use as BSD.

It's an easy to use spray wax which sits somewhere in between and seems to last approx 4 weeks. On my use of this - I did feel it enhanced the gloss levels considerably but I didn't get the meter out to verify it on the day.

Hello... I see you are new to the forum... Welcome aboard! :)

Waxaddict have their own QD, which this is not. Also I wouldn't compare it directly to BSD as that is more of QS as you say. Although it's safe to say it's as easy to use as BSD.

It's an easy to use spray wax which sits somewhere in between and seems to last approx 4 weeks. On my use of this - I did feel it enhanced the gloss levels considerably but I didn't get the meter out to verify it on the day.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm still a relative newbie to detailing and am reading my way around at the moment. Thanks for taking the time to clarify about the product. It seems that a lot of manufacturers are making me and more hybrid products e.g BSD isn't really a qd and some quick detailers are acting more like spray waxes.... all very confusing for the new entrant !

I do have a bit of a confession..... I don't own a Skoda but having lurked for a while it seemed a friendly and helpful site so I joined in. Hopefully this won't get me a red card [emoji4] [emoji4]

Apart from the Granite sealant - i've pretty much used up my EZ Seal & Protect kit..... so just re-ordered for myself and a colleague at work too.

Joint order saved on postage at least.

Great little kit.... hopefully it's here by the weekend. :thumbup:

seal-_-protect-kit.jpg

• Like 1