"The Raging Mouse" Fabia Monte Carlo.

Outofthi5world

Easy now ladies...

Dan, if you're just following this thread (like me), there is no mention of what happened. Therefore Naths question and response to your post are quite justified!

I can see why you have that character as your avatar now! :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ally_bassman said:

Easy now ladies...

Dan, if you're just following this thread (like me), there is no mention of what happened. Therefore Naths question and response to your post are quite justified!

Thank you Ally.

54 minutes ago, Ally_bassman said:

Easy now ladies...

I missed off a smiley... Just like Nath's comment mine could be taken in either way :tongueout:

He posted it on FB a few days ago.

Edited by DanHarper

Right, First off I'm sorry I haven't been n the forum to update you, life's been full or a lot of things at the minute and I just haven't had a spare 5 minutes the think lately, so I apologize that this update has come so late but it's here now and you can all calm down.

So I was going down a single lane tarmac road covered in mud, the road had a steep bank on the left and a ditch on the right and it was a slight blind left hand corner. A car came the other way and tried to pull off towards the ditch, I skidded on the mud, scraped along the bank and hit him (VW Fox) in the rear of the drivers door down to the back of his car pushing him over towards the ditch. Damage caused to his: Door creased, rear panel creased, wheel and tyre knackered, probable suspension damage.

Damage to mine: Bumper, wing, bonnet, fog light, suspension/steering damage. Both cars were still "derivable" but not safe so were both driven slowly to my workplace and his home which were nearby. Insurance was contacted, car was picked up 2 days later and a courtesy car delivered. Courtesy car was picked up half a week later when the garage phoned to say mine was declared a cat D.

IMG_0734_zpsnyvokdgb.jpg

IMG_0755_zpsi0nkpghe.jpg

IMG_0759_zpspqen8dvu.jpg

IMG_0760_zpsg8xiyptr.jpg

So if anyone wants a bargain of a car and sees the Monte up for sale (DE62 FNF) then grab it, as it runs perfectly, drives very well and will have just had an estimated £4000 spent on the front end. The insurance company actually said it was very clean and well looked after for its age and mileage so there's a plus. But if any of you do end up with this car or know the person that does get it then please get in tough with me as I have the service history, owners manual and also the second key somewhere. But anyway, that's the end of that chapter, Green Giant is next and it's already an interesting one...

Edited by Outofthi5world
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2017 at 09:57, Naths vRS said:

Glad your're okay mate bet it was a brown pants moment!

Yes, brown pants moment indeed, then finding out it was a wright off and I'd basically lost over £10,000 in 3 seconds was devastating.