Start stop warning buzzer

masserator

This started today, whilst Driving had a long high very loud beep from the dash (behind the speedo) and the start stop icon flashing.

Now every time I start the car, just after the engine fires up I get the same beep and the icon flashes. I don't think it's the battery voltage or engine temp as have been driving for about an hour when the first beep occurred and have not had to use start stop as not been in town. A quick google if the up forum suggests a brake servo but the op didn't say if this resolved the issue..... As usual manual just says "start stop system failure" any ideas?

I had exactly this symptom. I had one occurrence of it, which after a few restarts, rectified itself, then another occurrence, which again cleared itself after three restarts. My local dealer diagnosed a faulty EVAP valve and replaced it under warranty. Not had any issue since.

This started today, whilst Driving had a long high very loud beep from the dash (behind the speedo) and the start stop icon flashing.

Now every time I start the car, just after the engine fires up I get the same beep and the icon flashes. I don't think it's the battery voltage or engine temp as have been driving for about an hour when the first beep occurred and have not had to use start stop as not been in town. A quick google if the up forum suggests a brake servo but the op didn't say if this resolved the issue..... As usual manual just says "start stop system failure" any ideas?

Had this 4 months into owning the car. Ended up getting really frustrated. 2-3 weeks later, my Check Engine light came on. Turns out it was a faulty Brake Servo, got replaced under warranty, never had any issues with stop/start since. 

Hmm it stopped doing it this morning...... Very strange... I'm loathed to lend it to the dealer as they have now started charging £10 for a courtesy car (to reduce the excess from £2000 to £200) apparently it's a policy imposed by skoda uk .....

Hmm it stopped doing it this morning...... Very strange... I'm loathed to lend it to the dealer as they have now started charging £10 for a courtesy car (to reduce the excess from £2000 to £200) apparently it's a policy imposed by skoda uk .....

Eh.... yeah... I had a courtesy car two weeks ago, it cost me nothing. I think they're telling you BS...! 

• 2 years later...

My citigo had a starter motor failure and a few months after replacement we had the same issue with the buzzer and flashing start stop icon.

I took it back to the garage to read the fault codes and the car had logged a fault stating the starter motor had jammed at some point.

They cleared the fault code (which allowed the start stop system to kick in again) but were unable to reproduce the issue. Going to keep an eye on it.