Superb II Detachable Tow Bar recommendations

56 minutes ago, leszek_c said:

Hi folks,

I bought a kit from PF Jones. Westfalia tow bar with a dedicated wiring kit FF29220508PF. My car Skoda superb estate 2014 2.0TDI. . I installed the towbar, routed the electric harness along the car, and stopped there. The problem is that I can't fit the terminals into the fuse box. Do you have to use force to insert them or are they just not right. The terminals go halfway and I still can't push them in, they can be easily removed. 

Thank you kindly for answers. 

terminals.jpg

You have to unlock the fuse box. The pink part at the back slides down and allows the terminals to be inserted.

You need to take the fuse box off its mountings, open it up and insert these leads from the back to the relevant fuse positions:

There is a very good You Tube video by 'Lutz', which shows a complete tow bar install with wiring to the fuse box, which I recommend you check out. Sounds like you have done all of the hard work already!

2 hours ago, chimaera said:

You have to unlock the fuse box. The pink part at the back slides down and allows the terminals to be inserted.

I have not tried to slides down the pink part. I will try this tomorrow morning. 

Thank you very much chimaera. 

2 hours ago, Smart Pro said:

You need to take the fuse box off its mountings, open it up and insert these leads from the back to the relevant fuse positions:

There is a very good You Tube video by 'Lutz', which shows a complete tow bar install with wiring to the fuse box, which I recommend you check out. Sounds like you have done all of the hard work already!

I took the fuse off as you said and actually i was following that video as well before. And the guy in 22.22 minute was strugling to insert the terminals in. 

But as a chimaera mention there is a a pink part to slide down to unlock the fuse box and allows the terminals to be inserted which is not mentioned on the video. 

I will do it tomorrow morning and I will let you know. 

Thank you guys for reply. I appreciate your help. 

Leszek

On 16/11/2022 at 15:58, leszek_c said:

I took the fuse off as you said and actually i was following that video as well before. And the guy in 22.22 minute was strugling to insert the terminals in. 

But as a chimaera mention there is a a pink part to slide down to unlock the fuse box and allows the terminals to be inserted which is not mentioned on the video. 

I will do it tomorrow morning and I will let you know. 

Thank you guys for reply. I appreciate your help. 

Leszek

Hi guys, 

Job done. There is a littile latch to be open and then you can slide down the pink part of the fuse box. And then without problem I have inserted the terminals. Finally job completed. 

Thank you "chimaera" and  "smart pro" for your help. 

I've done adaptation and everything looks work fine. But i haven't got the trailer yet to test it. :) looking for a caravan  to buy soon.

Thanks

Screenshot_20221118_214502_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20221118_215247_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 1

On 18/11/2022 at 22:53, leszek_c said:

Hi guys, 

Job done. There is a littile latch to be open and then you can slide down the pink part of the fuse box. And then without problem I have inserted the terminals. Finally job completed.

But exactly that was explained in instruction no 32 of the instructions that you added to your post? How did you miss that?

(Since it was indicated so clearly in the instructions that you yourself provided, it did not occur to me that you did not do this)

Edited by andrehj

On 20/11/2022 at 15:58, andrehj said:

But exactly that was explained in instruction no 32 of the instructions that you added to your post? How did you miss that?

(Since it was indicated so clearly in the instructions that you yourself provided, it did not occur to me that you did not do this)

Indeed. What a fool I am. No further comment. :)

• Haha 1