LED Bulbs For Reverse Lights & Fog Lights

1 hour ago, varicak said:

Thanx for your feedback. I just ordered same bulbs for reverse light from AliExpress. Is there any other suggestions for other bulbs?

Read my post maybe ? I mentioned all the bulbs :)

Hey fat4l, I have received my order which was all interriorled light bulbs from LedPerf. But their fitting instructon is in French language. i have sent them an email, no one replies. what confuses me is they have sent me few resistors along with those light bulbs. i couldnt figure out what to do with those resistors. If i do not use them would i get any error message in the dash or in the diagnostic report?

On 15/03/2019 at 17:07, fat4l said:

Hi. Interior lights ?  For those theres no resistors requiered. These are not canbus monitored.

I liked all the interior lights including glove box and boot. little more brightness in the boot would have been nice though, but no complain so far. i will now check your exterior bulb's links.

• 3 months later...

380 Super Bright LED Car Bulb Halfords Advanced Twin Pack,

just fitted these, no bulb out warning for reversing lights, as bright as cree

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, haris said:

hi, 

I ve read all the post but, which one should I choose?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32395328134.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dnG33Bi

or

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2036956876.html

also I ve read that no coding needed , but is it completely safe? these bulbs say 30 watt and p21w is 21 watt

Don't worry, the real power is only about 6-7 Watts.

The absolute maximum power rating of those LED chips is 5 Watts so the seller uses this number because it looks better (5x6=30 Watts). So it's marketing BS. :)

There's an internal LED driver inside the bulb which limits the LEDs power to about 1 Watt per chip otherwise they would overheat. The heatsink (aluminium body) is too small for higher power.

The car is still happy with the bulb despite the much lower power. Probably it's a positive side effect of the built-in LED driver.:)

Edited by aki78

1 hour ago, aki78 said:

Don't worry, the real power is only about 6-7 Watts.

The absolute maximum power rating of those LED chips is 5 Watts so the seller uses this number because it looks better (5x6=30 Watts). So it's marketing BS. :)

There's an internal LED driver inside the bulb which limits the LEDs power to about 1 Watt per chip otherwise they would overheat. The heatsink (aluminium body) is too small for higher power.

The car is still happy with the bulb despite the much lower power. Probably it's a positive side effect of the built-in LED driver.:)

Well i ll buy the second one and no need for coding... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/07/2019 at 13:17, skippy41 said:

380 Super Bright LED Car Bulb Halfords Advanced Twin Pack,

just fitted these, no bulb out warning for reversing lights, as bright as cree

Just bought these and will fit at the weekend. Thank you for posting about them.

The Local Council upgraded the lamp posts in my road @ the beginning of last year.

What they actually did was remove the light just in front of my house, halved the number of lamp posts and spread the remaining ones further apart. So I ordered 2 of these "18W PY21W BAU15S 1156 BA15S T20 7440 35 SMD 3030 LED 1.5A Auto Reverse Backup Stop Lights Rear Turn Signal Lights No Hyper Flas" before Christmas, but have only just gotten around to installing them. They are very white and bright and ideal for reversing through the narrow gates and onto my drive at night, now that its pitch black out there (or nearly).

I got them from aliexpress for about £11 inc postage, link attached , but I have since seen them on Ebay (well at least they look the same) for about £3 each. I am however happy with the ones I got.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32848923725.html

PS I additionally fitted a powerful halogen flood light powered via a radio remote controlled power switch inside the house (DEWENWILS Remote Control Plug Sockets) link attached. So I carry the controller in the car and flood the actual drive as well. There are none so blind as cannot see.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SR3KL8D/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1

• Like 1

ok, i've read through the thread and am still confused

i have a mk3 vrs and want to upgrade the front fogs to LED. i know i need 4 bulbs. bumper is coming off soon and I want to do this when it is off

i'm still not sure what fitting is required for direct replacement? H11 or H16? and H16 seem to have a JPN variant as well

if anyone has a current link for aliexpress or somewhere in the uk for the ones i need please let me know!

thanks

On 12/01/2020 at 13:51, encephalopathy said:

ok, i've read through the thread and am still confused

i have a mk3 vrs and want to upgrade the front fogs to LED. i know i need 4 bulbs. bumper is coming off soon and I want to do this when it is off

i'm still not sure what fitting is required for direct replacement? H11 or H16? and H16 seem to have a JPN variant as well

if anyone has a current link for aliexpress or somewhere in the uk for the ones i need please let me know!

thanks

bumper don't need to come off , see tube for vids, H8 required

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h8-35w-led/?finder_tab=abd_bulbs&finder_end=front&finder_type=led_bulbs

Edited by skippy41

possibly planning to get honeycomb grille fitted - will i need a new surround as well as the new grille? or does it just clip in when the existing one is removed 

i'm also looking to relocate a siren to the gap behind the front grille from its current position in the engine bay - might need to bodge up a bracket for it

this is why i envisaged removing the bumper and doing foglights at same time

2 minutes ago, encephalopathy said:

possibly planning to get honeycomb grille fitted - will i need a new surround as well as the new grille? or does it just clip in when the existing one is removed 

i'm also looking to relocate a siren to the gap behind the front grille from its current position in the engine bay - might need to bodge up a bracket for it

this is why i envisaged removing the bumper and doing foglights at same time

just ask tube you will find any vids required

• 1 month later...

So if i understand correctly, for changing reverse standard bulbs with LEDs without CANBUS for error free, you have to code VCDS like this:

09-Cent. Elect. / Security Access – 16 (code: 31347) / Adaptation – 10

Then you search for:

Leuchte28RFL LC11   and change to   43-allgemeine LED

Leuchte29RFL RA64   and change to   43-allgemeine LED

Do you have to change dimmwert from 100 to 127 for both to, like you have to change ENG116961-ENG116352-Leuchte25KZL HA59-Dimmwert AB 25 from 100 to 127 for LED licence upgrade?

If you have to change dimmwert for both reverse LEDs, what two options you have to change to 127 for both reverse LED bulbs?

Anyone maybe know why you have to change dimmwert from 100 to 127 for LED because it doesnt looks like it changes brightness? (was testing on LED plate lights)