LED Bulbs For Reverse Lights & Fog Lights

Hi guys :)

Been thinking lately to change the reverse bulbs from standard too Cree ones, something like these!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/251393153607

Now I do know that the exterior lightning on the mk3 skoda is monitored & even with these Canbus Cree bulbs, I would rather have someone programme them via VCDS, the 2 things that I'm not sure of are the following:

1. If programmed via VCDS do I need Canbus bulbs? Or not! Seeing that the exterior is monitored, this is were I'm getting confused!!

2. I had a look in the VCDS list for programming but could not find the option listed for reverse bulbs!

Any information, advise would be great :)

Cheers

*Edit*

If you look at this thread here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/384898-adding-second-reversing-light/

Aki78 has helped out ;) but would like to know for sure if they don't have to be Canbus, in-order for them to work & programmed via VCDS or do they need to be Canbus, if I didn't have them programmed via VCDS

Either-way, I would prefer non-Canbus ones & get them programmed

Edited by Gizmo68
title changed at OP?s request

The Octy is very picky about bulbs. As far as I know once coded you can use any bulbs but some tend to stick with CANBUS bulbs anyway.

The bulbs you have chosen are decent ones, I've had them on my Monte as DRL. no issues with canbus but Fabia isn't quite the same.

Re VCDS I'm not sure so can't help in that front for coding sorry.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have these: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HotSale-2pcs-lot-super-brightness-High-Power-1156-led-30W-CREE-XBD-p21w-led-ba15s-Reverse/2036956876.html

Cheaper, no bulb out error (did not need VCDS coding).

Brightness is super, color is WHITE with an absolute minimum of blue tint.

By the way the two channels for the reverse lights are:

-Leuchte28RFL LC11

-Leuchte29RFL RA64

If you recode the channels to "43-allgemeine LED" you can install any kind of bulb (LED or halogen)

Look here for some details about my bulbs: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/384898-adding-second-reversing-light/

The bulbs you linked are equipped with fake LED chips (not genuine CREE).

My bulbs have real CREE XB-D chips.

Edited by aki78
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys

I like them bulbs that you have linked aki78 due to they seem to have more of glass to them but Aliexpress don't seem to accept PayPal? Well according to that seller, says contact them if you wish to pay via PayPal? Would prefer this method as it's easier for me

The only thing that I seem to remember is that, it is best to code via VCDS because you could damage the BCM to which can be very expensive, so I presume, Canbus or not, either way, it's still best to code them in ;)

Cheers aki78 for pointing out about the LED chips, I did not notice they had fake ones

Edited by BATVANVRS

I fitted these to the Superb and Yeti no coding required, the Yeti flashes them very quickly for the ‘bulb out’ check when the ignition is turned on but the Superb does not  :thumbup:

They are VERY bright!

Yeti:

IMG_0657_zps4db66e2a.jpg

In use:

IMG_0660_zps13c6d7fc.jpg

Not as bright in the Superb due to the reflector that sits in front of the CREE end (which the Octavia don’t have):

IMG_1299_zpsqxyyfjzv.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys

I like them bulbs that you have linked aki78 due to they seem to have more of glass to them but Aliexpress don't seem to accept PayPal? Well according to that seller, says contact them if you wish to pay via PayPal? Would prefer this method as it's easier for me

The only thing that I seem to remember is that, it is best to code via VCDS because you could damage the BCM to which can be very expensive, so I presume, Canbus or not, either way, it's still best to code them in ;)

Cheers aki78 for pointing out about the LED chips, I did not notice they had fake ones

No PayPal option on Aliexpress.

You can pay directly with your credit card, it's safe.

If you want more security you can use a virtual credit card (web card) like me.

The same products are usually cheaper on Ali and you have more chance to claim & ask for a refund if product is not as descibed.

Your money goes to Ali first and the seller only gets it later when you confirmed the product arrived & ok.

• Like 1

No PayPal option on Aliexpress.

You can pay directly with your credit card, it's safe.

If you want more security you can use a virtual credit card (web card) like me.

The same products are usually cheaper on Ali and you have more chance to claim & ask for a refund if product is not as descibed.

Your money goes to Ali first and the seller only gets it later when you confirmed the product arrived & ok.

Nice one for the info ;) I just brought them from Aliexpress :) I used my debit card that has hardly any money in that account, I transfer funds to that account (exact amount) that way I know my card has no money in it after they take their amount

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have these: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HotSale-2pcs-lot-super-brightness-High-Power-1156-led-30W-CREE-XBD-p21w-led-ba15s-Reverse/2036956876.html

Cheaper, no bulb out error (did not need VCDS coding).

Brightness is super, color is WHITE with an absolute minimum of blue tint.

By the way the two channels for the reverse lights are:

-Leuchte28RFL LC11

-Leuchte29RFL RA64

If you recode the channels to "43-allgemeine LED" you can install any kind of bulb (LED or halogen)

Look here for some details about my bulbs: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/384898-adding-second-reversing-light/

The bulbs you linked are equipped with fake LED chips (not genuine CREE).

My bulbs have real CREE XB-D chips.

Cheers Aki78 for your assistance as regards the LED XBD bulbs  :thumbup:  I received them today & installed them, to which they work a treat  :happy: I will in the future get them coded just to be on the safe side.

For anyone that wants great Cree XBD LED genuine bulbs then the link aki78 posted above work perfectly.

Thanks to everyone else for there input too  :thumbup:

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 1

Just bought of these myself based off of your two's recommendations! Any issues with initial fitting or since fitting them BATVANVRS?

None whatsoever mate  :thumbup: They have worked faultlessly & very simple to change, the one thing that I will do, just to be on the safe side is to get them coded with VCDS when I can get around to getting it done but for now they work perfectly & bright up the rear lovely when reversing 

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 1

None whatsoever mate  :thumbup: They have worked faultlessly & very simple to change, the one thing that I will do, just to be on the safe side is to get them coded with VCDS when I can get around to getting it done but for now they work perfectly & bright up the rear lovely when reversing 

How much brighter are they from the standard bulbs?

How much brighter are they from the standard bulbs?

Ok, so lets say on a scale of 1 - 10 for the old standard bulbs brightness I would give a rating of 3 out 10

Ok, so lets say on a scale of 1 - 10 for the new Cree XBD bulbs brightness I would give a rating of 11 out of 10 ;)

they are very bright, in-fact there so bright that when you look in your rear-view mirror or side mirrors, you can see the whole road behind you is lit up...I can try later on tonight to get you a few pictures, Ill even try for a video but will be of Iphone quality :)

But in all honestly, for the sake of £11.00 from Aliexpress, this is definitely a mod well worth doing, especially if your using your car late at night to reverse park, just that so much more extra clear, crisp white light makes a big difference.

• Like 2

Ok, so lets say on a scale of 1 - 10 for the old standard bulbs brightness I would give a rating of 3 out 10

Ok, so lets say on a scale of 1 - 10 for the new Cree XBD bulbs brightness I would give a rating of 11 out of 10 ;)

they are very bright, in-fact there so bright that when you look in your rear-view mirror or side mirrors, you can see the whole road behind you is lit up...I can try later on tonight to get you a few pictures, Ill even try for a video but will be of Iphone quality :)

But in all honestly, for the sake of £11.00 from Aliexpress, this is definitely a mod well worth doing, especially if your using your car late at night to reverse park, just that so much more extra clear, crisp white light makes a big difference.

Got a link mate? Ignore me, read the post properly and seen it :D Edited by skyjawa
  • Like 1

Cheers BATVANVRS, I've tried LEDs before and they have not been overly bright and in fact one set let out less light than the standard bulbs.

Looks like I'm placing an order ;)

• Like 1

Sold.... I've ordered some today, how long should I expect for them to come and am I right in saying a straight swap no coding then? These will be handy for reversing down the drive and reversing up near a kerb when it's dark and raining!

• Like 1

Sold.... I've ordered some today, how long should I expect for them to come and am I right in saying a straight swap no coding then? These will be handy for reversing down the drive and reversing up near a kerb when it's dark and raining!

They take around 10 working days but you should receive them in less than 2 weeks but when you place your order on Aliexpress, it tells you in your order information it can take up too 24 days but got mine in 10 days.

Straight swap, very easy to take out the back lights, swap bulbs over & enjoy the brightness, aki78 has kindly above explained the coding procedure just in-case you need to or want to code them, which I will be doing in due course to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

I ordered a set as one thing I've noticed with wifes Octy over my 3 series is the rear view camera is not as good in low light like when the reverse lights are on so these should help no end :)

• Like 1

I will contact the seller for some discount for my next order. :D

Oops...all my ext. lights upgraded to LEDs...what to order...?

(Just joking...I am happy to help you all!)

This is a great bulb...very bright and the color isn't stupid blueish.

• Like 2