LED Bulbs For Reverse Lights & Fog Lights

Double cost then and ultra bright fogs. :)

Bulbs I linked will fit.

Probably end up having a plane land near my car :p

I will search the owners book first and see how hard it is the fit......then order along with the indicators you've suggested.

You should get commission lol ;)

I have fitted these into my Superb front fogs... VERY impressive and match the DRL’s, they also light up the road very well:

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7338546343.html?orderId=72923300641797

IMG_1455_zpsol9shxrj.jpg

Compared to a 4,500K (white) halogen bulb on the left v’s OE std bulb on the right:

IMG_1318_zpspuduiwin.jpg

These looked OK... but were pretty useless as you could barely see them come on (cornering lights)

Gizmo,

That's the same link as Ali's ones. Great minds!

Seems the hand book only shows non vRS models. But a bit of searching suggests it's not much of a difference.

I might try before I buy them, as it's twin bulbs in the vRS.

Slowly but surely will be LED.

Sounds like bulb issue. :(

In case you have some soldering experience try and resolder the bottom contact point with adding some extra solder.

If that doesn't help make an evidence video, upload it to mediafire (youtube doesn't work in China) and contact the seller. Open a dispute and ask for a full refund as the product is faulty.

I had two similar cases so far and I always got my money back.

I tried to resolder bottom contact, as you suggested, didn't help. Error reappeared.

The thing is my dispute window closed a while ago. As I said I thought error was CANBUS related and didn't raise an alarm. Now when I got my hands on VCDS cable and recoded the channels, I see the problem is somewhee else. I already tried contacting the seller 3 days ago, but still no response from him.. In the end I just might me forced to order another pair, as seller has no option to order single bulb.

Question for aki78, Gizmo68 or xpower. The fog lights http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Generation-2S-LED-Car-Headlight-CREE-ETI-Flip-Chips-12V-Car-Headlight-30W-3600LM-Aluminum-H8/32280572818.html

1.do you need 2 each side, so a total of 4

2.are they plug & play or do you need to do any modding for them to fit?

3.do they need coding via vcds

4.is the 4300k colour a correct or nearest match to the original xenon's

5.what type of bulb fitment (H8) or (H11) do you buy or is the led fog light bulb a one fitment but you get a wiring loom with it, so it does not matter?

Sorry for all the questions guys but just really want to understand everything about changing the fog lights before actually buying them, but really appreciate the help/knowledge that a lot of you are assisting with  :thumbup:

Thanks  B)

Edited by BATVANVRS

Question for aki78, Gizmo68 or xpower. The fog lights http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Generation-2S-LED-Car-Headlight-CREE-ETI-Flip-Chips-12V-Car-Headlight-30W-3600LM-Aluminum-H8/32280572818.html

1.do you need 2 each side, so a total of 4

2.are they plug & play or do you need to do any modding for them to fit?

3.do they need coding via vcds

4.is the 4300k colour a correct or nearest match to the original xenon's

5.what type of bulb fitment (H8) or (H11) do you buy or is the led fog light bulb a one fitment but you get a wiring loom with it, so it does not matter?

Sorry for all the questions guys but just really want to understand everything about changing the fog lights before actually buying them, but really appreciate the help/knowledge that a lot of you are assisting with  :thumbup:

Thanks  B)

1. Your vRS uses 4 x H16 bulbs, so you need 2 sets

2. Probably no modding needed, they sell it with universal H8/H9/H11 base and it seems that H11 and H16 are compatible, video

3. I can't tell you for 100%, mine needed coding (H8: 35W, LED: about 25W), but your car expects 19W bulbs, so probably yes or no :D

4. 4300K is the nearest color, O3 uses Philips XenStart D3S HID bulbs, you can verify yours

(Note that I have an earlier version of these 'LED headlights', and they produce some yellowish light at the edges, but probably this issue was solved with the new flip chip LEDs. With mine, the color temp is still okay on the road, but when I look down to my fogs from a closer distance they look a bit whiter than my xenons.)

5. As mentioned, just buy those (choose 'white' and ask the seller to send 4300K), and you'll get a 'LED headlight' with universal base. Philips also uses universal base.

Please note that you'll lose the fade out function on your cornering lights, they will work like mine (just ON/OFF). The 'LED headlight' does not support dimming.

If you can wait 2-3 weeks I can share my experiences, as I ordered a set for my friend.

Edited by aki78
  • Like 1

I tried to resolder bottom contact, as you suggested, didn't help. Error reappeared.

The thing is my dispute window closed a while ago. As I said I thought error was CANBUS related and didn't raise an alarm. Now when I got my hands on VCDS cable and recoded the channels, I see the problem is somewhee else. I already tried contacting the seller 3 days ago, but still no response from him.. In the end I just might me forced to order another pair, as seller has no option to order single bulb.

Sorry to hear that.

Did you try different LED options with VCDS?

Thanks aki78  :thumbup: for your help, truly appreciated very much ;) I'm not in a rush so I can hold out for a month or so as regards seeing what the other new led bulbs will look like, I need to wait till end of the month anyway for payday  :D 

I will change the topic thread title now so its better for people to search for in the future :)    

Got mine delivered on Thursday and fitted them yesterday! I can only say that the difference when reversing up my drive in the dark is "unbelievable" it's like someone has fitted 2 spotlights to the back of the car! I've also had no problems so far with not coding them at all.

• Like 2

I have these: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HotSale-2pcs-lot-super-brightness-High-Power-1156-led-30W-CREE-XBD-p21w-led-ba15s-Reverse/2036956876.html

Cheaper, no bulb out error (did not need VCDS coding).

Brightness is super, color is WHITE with an absolute minimum of blue tint.

By the way the two channels for the reverse lights are:

-Leuchte28RFL LC11

-Leuchte29RFL RA64

If you recode the channels to "43-allgemeine LED" you can install any kind of bulb (LED or halogen)

Look here for some details about my bulbs: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/384898-adding-second-reversing-light/

The bulbs you linked are equipped with fake LED chips (not genuine CREE).

My bulbs have real CREE XB-D chips.

Hi Aki, would you mind specifying which sub-channel under these two reverse lights needs changing? Also which channels are for the front and indicator lights cause I need to code them for LED too?

Hi Aki, would you mind specifying which sub-channel under these two reverse lights needs changing? Also which channels are for the front and indicator lights cause I need to code them for LED too?

If your after the front side lights (501 bulbs) then this will help out

Coding for LED sidelight bulbs on Xenon headlights

Controller 09

Security Access 31347

Adaptations

The channels you need to change are:
(1)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lasttyp 16 to 6 - LED Lichtmodul 

(1)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lasttyp 17 to 6 - LED Lichtmodul

courtesy from andyvee  in vcds section/thread  :thumbup: sorry but can't help out with the rest

Edited by BATVANVRS

You are adjusting the bulb type on the 'Lasttyp' subchannels.

Change them to '43 - allgemeine LED' or '40 - allgemeine LED'

Front indicators:

- Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Lasttyp 0

- Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Lasttyp 1

Side lights (with xenons + LED DRL):

- Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lasttyp 16

- Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lasttyp 17

Reverse lights:

- Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lasttyp 28

- Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lasttyp 29

• Thanks 1

Guest DobriKnotzGutenMorgan

After Aliexpress being a ballache to register with I have now ordered a set of each apart from fogs.  looking forward to these indeed