LED Bulbs For Reverse Lights & Fog Lights

Yes, several. No luck.

Poslano z mojega SM-G925F z uporabo Tapatalk

Milanj, don't you have small dent(s) on your bulb base?

As I remember my bulbs have some.

If the dent is in the contact area you probably have a contact issue.

Just a thought...

Milanj, don't you have small dent(s) on your bulb base?

As I remember my bulbs have some.

If the dent is in the contact area you probably have a contact issue.

Just a thought...

Not quite sure what you mean?

• 4 weeks later...

:)

This is the bulb.

I purchased it from a different seller at the same price.

Constant current driver included.

According to my tests the heatsink can reach 100 C degree but not more.

LEDs must survive this as 3014 LED datasheets show about 125 C degree maximum temperature.

The light intensity is the same when the bulb was heated up.

To tell the truth on one of the bulbs 2 LEDs immediately died (lack of heat contact glue I think). The other LEDs get a little bit more current, probably not a problem.

The LED bulb lights up the bottom of the lamp very well as you can see. :)

Unfortunately the color temp is more like 5000K (more bluish than the LED DRL).

It's okay with the xenons (mixes with some yellowish light from the lens) but the difference is visible when on sidelights only.

Wear sunglasses when look into their light.  B)

Youtube video 1 and video 2 of the bulb.

Edited by aki78
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have fitted these into my Superb front fogs... VERY impressive and match the DRL’s, they also light up the road very well:

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7338546343.html?orderId=72923300641797

IMG_1455_zpsol9shxrj.jpg

Compared to a 4,500K (white) halogen bulb on the left v’s OE std bulb on the right:

IMG_1318_zpspuduiwin.jpg

These looked OK... but were pretty useless as you could barely see them come on (cornering lights)

Woke up this morning with an notice from Aliexpress app for price reduction on these Gen 2S LED bulbs. They were 27€ and I caught the reduction with only 3 minutes left on reduced price

2 pictures showing the sidelights with the 36smd T10 LED bulb :)

Is it easy to replace the sidelight bulb? Looks like I might need to grab these too.

Is it easy to replace the sidelight bulb? Looks like I might need to grab these too.

Very simple, just remove the dust cap (rotate counterclockwise) and pull out the bulb holder with the bulb.

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, skippy41 said:

Are  these  reversing  led H11???

I would guess the reversing lights are the same as the Superb, Yeti and Fabia, which use 1156 / BA15S / 382

On 4/19/2016 at 14:24, aki78 said:

...and an 'illegal bright' one sided T10 LED bulb only for trunk lights (too bright for other purposes).

Additional heat shrink tube is needed because of the bulb holder design.

I love the lightings of your car aki78 and wish to upgrade all of my car bulbs if possible..I am big fan of LED. can you or anybody already using it tell me if those bulbs from aliexpress would be compatible for my Octy 2014 1.6tdi Hatchback. is it easy to replace them (if you have any link for video)?

where did you get those boot lights from, link please. will these rear light/boot light produce any fault or error in the car computer. recently i have upgraded my front courtesy  bulbs to led, they are sooo bright and white. though seller said they were canbus and error free.but when i scanned my car with OBD11 i have found fault code related these bulbs (low voltage or something like that....).

Did anyone run diagnostic after changing to Rear Light from aliexpress? 

Those reverse & boot LEDs don't generate fault codes (verified with VCDS) and they are still available from Ali, just check the links posted in this topic.

They still work fine, zero issues. :)

1 minute ago, aki78 said:

Those reverse & boot LEDs don't generate fault codes (verified with VCDS) and they are still available from Ali, just check the links posted in this topic.

They still work fine, zero issues. :)

would they be compatible for my car as i specified above post? i red the whole thread but couldn't find any link for boot light though.  thanks for reply aki78

21 minutes ago, automass said:

would they be compatible for my car as i specified above post? i red the whole thread but couldn't find any link for boot light though.  thanks for reply aki78

Just click on the underlined green text, those are the links to the bulbs.

Yep, all Octy 3 uses the same bulbs so compatible.