Arrived - MY16 Skoda Rapid Spaceback - Corrida Red - Photos / Ownership Thread

Good call on the N connecta spec as well on replacement. Same as sister in laws which I sourced for her on lease. Really good cars and excellent spec with reversing cameras etc. 

https://auctionview.british-car-auctions.co.uk/Results/LotDetail/460ffe35e2384832bbac7696e3b9187c?VehId=f6208072-f2a9-4aea-a04b-3316866373d2&FromSearch=true&searchQuery=q=Skoda%20rapid&bq=&sort=MileageAscending&missingMileage=True&awaitingAppraisal=True&page=0&extraFiltersActive=true&returnTo=YS65YUC&promoAppliedSets=&Source=Search

Photos on there now..

I'm in a meeting all on the auction so wont be able to see the live auction price..

Guide price is £8,875.. So near £10k in 24 months lost.  Or £1 lost per mile...

Edited by RickTT

• 2 weeks later...

SO..

The car was sold at auction and from the looks of it purchased byFOW Winsford -- Car is for sale for £10,699 - (2 years old 11k miles)   - Bargain ! (bet they must of paid a couple of £k under that price too !

https://www.fow.co.uk/used/cars/skoda-rapid-spaceback-diesel-hatchback-14-tdi-cr-90-se-sport-5dr-189186

Car is been preped -

medium.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2018 at 22:48, RickTT said:

SO..

The car was sold at auction and from the looks of it purchased byFOW Winsford -- Car is for sale for £10,699 - (2 years old 11k miles)   - Bargain ! (bet they must of paid a couple of £k under that price too !

https://www.fow.co.uk/used/cars/skoda-rapid-spaceback-diesel-hatchback-14-tdi-cr-90-se-sport-5dr-189186

Car is been preped -

medium.jpg

Full photos on the above link to the car now.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, RickTT said:

They have still not sold it.

I'd guess a combination of failing interest in diesel, a relatively rare model (which won't be on the radar of most potential purchasers) and relatively high asking price (the trade / CAP valuation is several thousand less than the retail / asking price) will leave this unsold for a time. Also I understand this particular engine is now obsolete?

A new (petrol) equivalent is available new from numerous brokers, for a few thousand more, again making this car look expensive second-hand.

I recall looking up my old 2014 Rapid SE Tech after it sold. It left me via WBAC for £6825. It then popped up around 30 miles away at a similar retail outlet to FOW. It was initially priced at £8295, but was then reduced to less than £8k, before disappearing from sale (presumably sold). 

These type of bulk retailers most likely rely on profit associated with both finance ( most purchasers at this price point will fund the car via some type of financing package) alongside upselling products such as paint / interior protection / GAP etc.

The site's finance calculator gives a total cost of £13269 (with a £250 deposit), at

a 'monthly' of less than £200 - which is all some purchasers consider.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 30/03/2018 at 10:18, pinkpanther said:

I'd guess a combination of failing interest in diesel, a relatively rare model (which won't be on the radar of most potential purchasers) and relatively high asking price (the trade / CAP valuation is several thousand less than the retail / asking price) will leave this unsold for a time. Also I understand this particular engine is now obsolete?

A new (petrol) equivalent is available new from numerous brokers, for a few thousand more, again making this car look expensive second-hand.

I recall looking up my old 2014 Rapid SE Tech after it sold. It left me via WBAC for £6825. It then popped up around 30 miles away at a similar retail outlet to FOW. It was initially priced at £8295, but was then reduced to less than £8k, before disappearing from sale (presumably sold). 

These type of bulk retailers most likely rely on profit associated with both finance ( most purchasers at this price point will fund the car via some type of financing package) alongside upselling products such as paint / interior protection / GAP etc.

The site's finance calculator gives a total cost of £13269 (with a £250 deposit), at

a 'monthly' of less than £200 - which is all some purchasers consider.

Still not sold it... but they have dropped a few hundred quid off it.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

What do they expect at £13269 total?:biggrin:

There are brand new loaded Toledo Xcellence out there for 12k.

yeah, wonder how long they will keep it before they off load it back to auction....

• 2 weeks later...