Project, Not quite sure where this is going...

OneFourSevenNine

Thought I'd start my project thread, will be a few small 'same old mods' to start but I have plans for this small car (and several items already ordered), really does remind me of my first car back in the day (Mini 1000) :)

So, this is a start picture...

post-139018-0-45426500-1454254536_thumb.jpg

Edited by OneFourSevenNine
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So, after 7 months, its time for an update.

Car went back to the dealers as it developed some faults whilst I was 'Being a Hero in WA' more of that in another thread! LOL

New clutch fitted, new Pedal box, New Head unit and Ariel and several 'bits' turned on, most likely to keep me happy, Auto locking, Cornering lights, tear wipe etc.

Anyway, Fast forward a week and, Celtic remap has been done (massive difference in drivability noticed straight away) new custom exhaust measured up and ordered.

I plan to fit the Eibach Pro Spring Kit I ordered in February in 2 weeks when I'm off work, I'm also looking at an injector upgrade and a new air box idea we have after a good VAG friend mentioned something.

There will be more info over the coming weeks, I may just be starting a new thread with all the pics and information as half of these have disappeared.

• Like 1

A good friend who has been making my custom bike exhausts for years has ventured into cars recently, so he will be doing it.

Yeah, I was going 2.5, back box is probably going to be hidden as i plan to keep as close to OEM looking as possible at this point, hence no coil overs.

That will probably all change though knowing me  :D

A good friend who has been making my custom bike exhausts for years has ventured into cars recently, so he will be doing it.

Yeah, I was going 2.5, back box is probably going to be hidden as i plan to keep as close to OEM looking as possible at this point, hence no coil overs.

That will probably all change though knowing me :D

There isn't a backbox to hide :p it's one silencer and one cat, take the filter box off and have a look behind the engine and you'll see it, you'll also notice with a cat change that the engine is a heck of a lot cooler :)

I meant the rear pipe  :p That will probably be hidden on this first version at least.

He's got a great idea for a twin rear exit... I like the idea, I like the drawing he did, its more than likely going to be added at some point as the development goes forward.

I'm taking a Marginal gains attitude with this at the moment, I want to see whats possible on a sensible budget without making it look like I ram raided Halfords! 

Edited by OneFourSevenNine

I meant the rear pipe :p That will probably be hidden on this first version at least.

He's got a great idea for a twin rear exit... I like the idea, I like the drawing he did, its more than likely going to be added at some point as the development goes forward.

I'm taking a Marginal gains attitude with this at the moment, I want to see whats possible on a sensible budget without making it look like I ram raided Halfords!

Anythings possible :p I'm on a rolling road on the 29th so will see how much hp it's gained since last year, I'm hoping somewhere between 80 and 85

A twin exit is possible, but I think would be a waste.. it's just my opinion and it would look cool, but it just means that the gas has got more distance to travel and not being pushed out as fast, you really want as straight a pipe as possible with no real bends to get as much power as you can from it :)