preFL VCDS lighting adaptations

fsa

I managed to activate Scandinavian mode, but having problems with CH/LH. I know I have a rain sensor on mine, and I read here that means it also has a light sensor. However, I set the CH lights to be active (byte 1, bit 7 I think it was) and on automatic (a byte further down the list) but they don't come on when I turn the ignition off and take the keys out, even in the darkest of places. Same for the LH lights. Am I missing a step on VCDS or does it mean I actually don't have a light sensor?

Also, am I able to get cornering lights on the preFL, or just FL only? If not, is there an easy hardware change I could do?

Many thanks!

I read a post earlier where someone managed to retrofit a switch with the auto function and the sensor for auto lights for a reasonable price

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/360963-chinese-automatic-headlight-switch/page-4

Edited by Jojo1985g