Pas and maf issue

Thisday

The left hand connector in the top photo, has wires in pins 1, 2, and 4; 4 is the ignition live.  Measure it relative to chassis, or the big fat brown wire of the two-way connector, which should also be going to chassis. 

It's a permanent live to the pump so ignition state doesn't matter.

Clearing the code won't do anything. If you can't access the pump through diagnostics and you have the 12v across the plug it's looking like a dead pump.

That fault code means the MAF is effectively unplugged. Don't think it's on the same circuit as the PAS pump.

Might be worth checking the ignition live feed to the pump while you're there? Techie's rather nice photo suggests that's on pin 4 of the 4-way plug. You'll obviously need the ignition to be on to check that one.  Could that ignition live feed be shared with MAF, and a single wire fault affect both, maybe?

Right, finally got round to this - founds that it is much much easier to take the bumper off than trying to access through the wheel arch!

As from the pics below - the pump looks a bit damp (so looks as though this could be the source of my fluid leak, or perhaps from spillage when i've filled it up??)

Anyway - I got a reading across the permanent live, but only a reading of 0.01 on the ignition live (the ignition was on- also got same result with car running)? Is there any other way to test the ignition live? What are my next steps?

Also, one thing - I noticed that the 'other' plug looked as though it had been repaired  -heat shrink on it - could that affect anything? I Inspected it but nothing appeared to be wrong with it.

Cheers again!!!

IMAG1699_zpsqhmjhp8k.jpg

IMAG1700_zps43jwx4oj.jpg

IMAG1704_zpsilux8hrj.jpg

IMAG1703_zps9vpmicnr.jpg

Edited by Thisday

Try driving around the block and see if it sorts itself out?

BTW, as far as I can see, on an ASZ engine, that fuse does PAS and MAF and nothing else, so it definitely could explain the MAF trouble too.

Edited by Wino

Try driving around the block and see if it sorts itself out?

BTW, as far as I can see, on an ASZ engine, that fuse does PAS and MAF and nothing else, so it definitely could explain the MAF trouble too.

Ahh thanks - is it worth clearing the codes as a 'prompt'

Don't think it'll make any difference. If it was just a tired fuse it'll all start working and the lights will go off, at that point you won't be worried about stored codes. No harm in clearing them and seeing if they come back though, I guess.

• Like 1

Don't think it'll make any difference. If it was just a tired fuse it'll all start working and the lights will go off, at that point you won't be worried about stored codes. No harm in clearing them and seeing if they come back though, I guess.

Right - tried to clear codes - the MAF went away - but PAS Code wouldn't clear

Taken it for a short run around the block - nothing has changed in the way it drived - still acting as no MAF (ie no power) and PAS heavy as hell.

When i got home I re-checked the fuse - it was still fine

Can you re-check  whether you've got the ignition live feed at the PAS pump or is the bumper back on now? 

Bumper is back on now - gotta get kids in a bit so wont be able to have another look until tomorrow at the earliest. 

Thanks again for all of your help/advice!!

And still no PAS?

Fuse intact still?

Can you measure for the ignition 12V at the MAF instead of at the PAS pump, more easily? Pin 2 of the MAF loom connector, black/yellow wire.

Nope no pas, also checked fuse and that was fine.

On way back just now felt like sometimes the power was the there's,also pas didn't seem AS heavy, although I had pumped tyres up.

I was wondering if that was possible, will try and get on it tonight after kids in bed, in not, it's a job for work Tomoz.

Will any bit of exposed metal serve as the earth?

And still no PAS?

Fuse intact still?

Can you measure for the ignition 12V at the MAF instead of at the PAS pump, more easily? Pin 2 of the MAF loom connector, black/yellow wire.

Just measured this - it was showing exactly 5v, at what I think was pin 2 (they are not numbered/the loom is covered so i cant see the wires)

Nope no pas, also checked fuse and that was fine.

On way back just now felt like sometimes the power was the there's,also pas didn't seem AS heavy, although I had pumped tyres up.

I was wondering if that was possible, will try and get on it tonight after kids in bed, in not, it's a job for work Tomoz.

Will any bit of exposed metal serve as the earth?

have the dogbone mount been off this recently?

Try the other possible pin 2 (second one from other end)?

Tried them all now, others showing 0.01/2v only the one showing exactly 5v with both ignition on/car running (used the strut bolt as the earth for info)