Briski Bikers Come Forward! - Part II 'General Banter'

FUBAR

oh my how did this creep up  ;)

Heads up really, I have a soft page lock, i.e. when threads get to 100 pages I tend to lock them for a new one. 

This was a historic thing as after a certain point it takes to long to process all the after post actions. e.g. sending 33 emails or more, some were far more followers. however I think this new server combo is doing a bit better... but...

As the bikes section is a whole forum now, and this is over 50% over it's softcap  :) Need to think about forking the chat into threads. 

Anyone want to volunteer to look after/ lead ( moderate ) this section, just get in touch too  :)

Colin.

Continuing on from the first thread as it's a bit bloated with regards to kindness to the forum, it can continue on here now  :thumbup: As Colin suggested we should really make the most of having our own part of the forum and can start a new thread for anything like some of our long running successful other ones we have already. The old thread continued into this one can still be where we just shoot the breeze, we used it as if it were a section of the forum all in it's own with dozens of topics along the way.  

Edited by FUBAR

Anyone out there like this? I think its a really pretty machine............major aesthetic improvement on the old nc750 too.

Going to try one in the coming weeks. I like it...........lots!

post-49472-0-25271900-1456921591_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevberlin

Anyone out there like this? I think its a really pretty machine............major aesthetic improvement on the old nc750 too.

Going to try one in the coming weeks. I like it...........lots!

I quite like the looks of it too!

I also like the new Crossrunner tbh.

Ah ha. I am not alone. I wondered if it was because i am an old f..t

Honda have updated the "adventure " stye bikes so they all have the same general look. That includes the CB500X and the Crossrunner too. Sadly the Crossrunner is a little too heavy for me due to knee damage.

I rode a nc750x some time back. I liked the engine but the pegs were a bit too sporty for the gammy knee. I have since discovered peg adjusters!!

Ah ha. I am not alone. I wondered if it was because i am an old f..t

Honda have updated the "adventure " stye bikes so they all have the same general look. That includes the CB500X and the Crossrunner too. Sadly the Crossrunner is a little too heavy for me due to knee damage.

I rode a nc750x some time back. I liked the engine but the pegs were a bit too sporty for the gammy knee. I have since discovered peg adjusters!!

Nooo not at all. Well, unless im old before my time, which is possible! Im only 23 but not really interested in the GSXR's n stuff that people my age generally are.

I like the new crossrunner but i cant justify spending that much money. Maybe in a few years when their will be some decent used examples.

Oooh since finding adjusters then, are you tempted for the NC? Sorry to hear about the knee, bet thats an annoyance!

Nooo not at all. Well, unless im old before my time, which is possible! Im only 23 but not really interested in the GSXR's n stuff that people my age generally are.

I like the new crossrunner but i cant justify spending that much money. Maybe in a few years when their will be some decent used examples.

Oooh since finding adjusters then, are you tempted for the NC? Sorry to hear about the knee, bet thats an annoyance!

Knee replacement victim from football and squash injuries, but it doesn't stop me doing much. The one problem regarding motorcycles is knee bend so I have to ride a bike with a comfortable leg set up. If the new 750x will accommodate me, then I am in the market. We will see. I have a little cb500x which is a fine bike......light, handles great and goes reasonably well, but I do fancy a bit more grunt.

As a matter of interest have you seen this site.......it's all about bike set up and ergonomics. Fascinating and very useful.

http://cycle-ergo.com/

Ride safe

Knee replacement victim from football and squash injuries, but it doesn't stop me doing much. The one problem regarding motorcycles is knee bend so I have to ride a bike with a comfortable leg set up. If the new 750x will accommodate me, then I am in the market. We will see. I have a little cb500x which is a fine bike......light, handles great and goes reasonably well, but I do fancy a bit more grunt.

As a matter of interest have you seen this site.......it's all about bike set up and ergonomics. Fascinating and very useful.

http://cycle-ergo.com/

Ride safe

see, sports are bad for you. Ride motorbikes instead, perfectly safe :D 

Just sat having a play with that link now, thats brilliant!

Nice one! 

• Like 2

Just wish i could be out on the bike on a day like today. ;):D

But instead im working :D

I am off today and it's bright, sunny and bone dry today. Bike however will not be happening a I SORN'd it after it's first run of the year as soon as I got home and will now service her and a new rear hoops is definitely needed, will tax it again April :D 

Todays mission as it's dry enough despite being ball shrinkingly freezing, is to reinstall camera wiring in the Octy as I just had a selection of new USB cables arrive in the post and nothing better to do. Next stop is a local hardware store for about 20 meters of earthing cable :D

Note my neighbours ride! That's how frigging rural an area this is, that in an estate he has this but no car.  Out of the 10 houses in my quiet wee square there are 4 vehicles, 2 cars, 1 bike and the only one which isn't mine you can see there LOL 

PS20160304_134501.jpg

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

I see that poor old Littleade is moaning on another forum about people not waving at him because he is on a BMW. :hi: :hi: :hi:

I must admit I have noticed that waving to other bikers or nodding to them doesn't always achieve one in return.  For me the worst offenders are 'some' on superbikes and BMW riders. :D   I wave to everyone because I am a friendly sort and don't do snobbery.

I see that poor old Littleade is moaning on another forum about people not waving at him because he is on a BMW. :hi: :hi: :hi:

I must admit I have noticed that waving to other bikers or nodding to them doesn't always achieve one in return. For me the worst offenders are 'some' on superbikes and BMW riders. :D I wave to everyone because I am a friendly sort and don't do snobbery.

Haa

I feel done to when i nod and dont get a nod back :D

It seems to be getting more and more that people dont nod.

I dont nod at Harley riders though. They only seem to nod at eachother. Very strange sort some of em are.

The charity ride that I am involved with is going to be marshalled by the Nottingham chapter of Harley owners.  I have only met one of them at a meeting about the ride and he seems a really nice bloke.  I cannot imagine him biting the head off a live chicken!  I just have this strange feeling when I hear the word 'chapter' and they have 'road captains' as well!    WTF is that all about?  Buy hey live and let live and if 40 plus of them are happy to give up their Saturday freely to assist us to raise money for the air ambulance all credit to them.  They also do some of the marshalling for the Ride to the wall so they will be used to large numbers of bikes on the move  Our ride is being limited to 250 so they should manage with that OK.  I am helping with the marshalling on that day and I'l be buggered if I am going to wave to 250 riders!

The charity ride that I am involved with is going to be marshalled by the Nottingham chapter of Harley owners. I have only met one of them at a meeting about the ride and he seems a really nice bloke. I cannot imagine him biting the head off a live chicken! I just have this strange feeling when I hear the word 'chapter' and they have 'road captains' as well! WTF is that all about? Buy hey live and let live and if 40 plus of them are happy to give up their Saturday freely to assist us to raise money for the air ambulance all credit to them. They also do some of the marshalling for the Ride to the wall so they will be used to large numbers of bikes on the move Our ride is being limited to 250 so they should manage with that OK. I am helping with the marshalling on that day and I'l be buggered if I am going to wave to 250 riders!

Yeah i know a few n theyre nice enough. My dad used to have one. Kept getting approached by HOG members and asked 'what chapter are you then?' Blah blah. His response was, im not, i just like riding bikes.

Oh go on chris. Wave to em all. Youll be the talk of the ride. 'Did you see that bloke that waves to absolutly ****ing everybody?'

Reminds me of M13's video on the waving subject. Can't believe it's 8 years ago now!!!! :( I hate ridding on the left for the wave restrictions :(

fat%252520boy%252520wave.png

the%252520finger.png

wave.png

Edited by FUBAR

I must admit I have noticed that waving to other bikers or nodding to them doesn't always achieve one in return. For me the worst offenders are 'some' on superbikes and BMW riders. :D I wave to everyone because I am a friendly sort and don't do snobbery.

I wave at everyone [emoji3] freaks the moped riders out

• Like 1

I wave at everyone [emoji3] freaks the moped riders out

What sort of like the village idiot? :notme::D

I just give a nonchalant nod these days then if they don't acknowledge I haven't gone to too much trouble.

I always have a nod to anyone on a bike, takes no effort.

The learners seem to appreciate it.

True that. I used to think it was brill when i first started :D

Alot of people dont seem to nod to 125's though, i seem to remember.

Mines more of a pompous bmw nod to anything under 600cc lol

Haa. Id rather nod at a 125 rider than a 1600cc Harley rider that doesnt nod back though :D.

Ive been over to Whitby this weekend, via the A roads on the way there. What lovely roads. Unfortunately i was in the Fabia, but defo going back on some of those roads on the bike!