OBDeleven

I have just got the module and it connects to my car just fine. But for some reason when i try to activate some adaptations i get some authentication failed, please login message. Did any one had similar issue?

Thank you!

All to do with the UDS protocol.

I don't believe you can take a back up of a scan and adaptation map with OBD11, so you don't have a reference point to go back to IF anything doesn't go to plan.

As to the other, just think how much other companies charge for a tool with similar functions (VCP, VCDS etc) - the majority of that cost is to support the ongoing development and support for new controllers as they are released (The cables themselves cost a very small proportion of the price) -  that takes a fair bit of time and effort, so how come someone else can magically do the same thing for a tiny fraction of the price - are they spending the same time and effort or not? If you take a look at VCP, the support for controllers in older cars is not very good as the product wasn't about then. They add the support of the label files on an ad-hoc basis as people request them as it is time consuming to do.

You takes your choice, but if I am making changes to a £20k+ car I would prefer to have a trusted tool with a support infrastructure behind it.

This was never really an option for me as I don't have access to any Android devices, but I had a feeling this may be something like you've described.

My last few cars have been Vauxhall's and the main diagnostic tools were Vauxcom and Opcom. Vaux-com cost around £700, Op-com was available for less than £50.

There were quite a few stories of Op-com not doing what it's told, and a few ECUs that had to be swapped because they were trashed. Used correctly I'm sure it's fine, but when I wanted stuff programing I took it to someone who had the official Vaux-com.

Personally if I need anything programing on my VRS I'll be in-touch with someone who has VCDS rather than buying OBDEleven.

• Like 1

Thanks, it is actually nit asking just does not activate adaptation, and shown small error in the bottom of the screed. I cannot activate tail gate closing from remote in 6d.

for controller 6d try code 12345 (code lifted from the obd eleven forum post on useful adaptions)

so go into controller 6D, security settings - enter 12345 then go through the adaption you are trying to do and see if that helps

Edited by encephalopathy

Ok figured this out, I needed to use 12345:)

Does anyone know code for xds+ activation?

And when I select laptimer it shown not available, I guess I might not have it at all?

I did the passenger mirror dip, climate speed in auto, refuel quantity and lap timer last night. Worked a treat, no issues with it. Handy for small things.

Yep, it shows how much fuel you need to add to the tank.

Activated almost everything i wanted, but not able to change esp modes to esp/esp sport/esp off. Did anyone managed to do this?

Live data is also cool, a lot of usefull info, but does any one know where is the tirbo pressure?

i have managed to enable high beam assist as well using the OBDeleven

the tricky bit is the instruction for the 2nd part

"Goto Controller 09 - long coding - change byte2 bit 0-2 to a value of 03 using the dropdown menu for models with xenons"

there is no dropdown menu for this dongle and i had to click on long coding, toggle the 0/1 icon to switch from descriptive text to the coding layout,clicked across to byte 2, clicked the hex value heading, entered '03' and it ticked the relevant bit boxes

the altering of activation speeds and lux sensitivities is straightforward and as described in the vcds howtos

Hello to the community, I've been a lurker on this forum so far, but I felt I needed to share my experience with this OBDEleven dongle + app (PRO license).

My Octavia is a MY16 Estate with MIB2 Bolero and everything works like a charm. So far I've enabled the below:

- cornering fogs

- both rear fog lights

- needle staging

- hill hold assist timing

- change comfort lane change indicator flashes

- Automatic DST

- Deactivate AM band

For 55 Euros the price is unbeatable and unless you need the extended capabilities offered by VCDS you get 95% of the functionalities for a fraction of the price.

For any android phone/tablet owner this should be a no brainer.