awfabia

I think my Yeti's climate control doesn't.

When the engine is up to normal operating temperature and the Climate Control is set to 'auto', if the temperature round knobs are turned to a higher temperature shouldn't the heater fan cut in automatically to raise the temperature?

I'm sure it used to but does my memory serve me right?

I think my Yeti's climate control doesn't.

When the engine is up to normal operating temperature and the Climate Control is set to 'auto', if the temperature round knobs are turned to a higher temperature shouldn't the heater fan cut in automatically to raise the temperature?

It depends on how cold it is. Twirling the temp control on mine does nothing until the engine has warmed up.

Colin

Remember there are two auto speeds too. On the lower speed it normally runs with 2 fan speed LEDs and on higher speed 3. However, the fan will then run quicker if you a just the temperature until the new temperature is reached or if it's struggling to reach the desired temperature. If the engine is warm and that isn't happening, it's broken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What if you turn the temperature to minimum, does the fan run then?

But as said the fan should run all the time in Auto.

I take it the engine is running at the time.

On Auto my fan runs all the time though it does adjust the speed. 

Just to update my comment.

For heating the fan speed appears to be off until the car has warmed up. 

Manually adjusting the Fan Speed up or down from the Auto setting brings the Fan ON even if the car is cold.

Based on my observation this morning - Outside temp 4C, set temp 19C, Auto(High) gave Fan speed 3, no real airflow until temperature guage at about 8oclock after 5 mins driving.

Under those circumstances I'd be simply using the demister button which is one of the most useful devices as it does everything automatically and efficiently, taking into account engine temp.

• 1 month later...

Advice, please. As my original post, engine running, engine upto normal temperature, climate control on 'auto', external temp around 10degrees adjust heater control to 22 degrees but fan speed only increases slightly with 4 LEDs illuminated. I thought that when adjusting to 22 degrees or 'Max' that the fan speed went to 'Max' & all 7 LEDs came on but it doesn't. Am I mistaken or was that in another car? Dealer showed me an Octavia with 'climate' which seemed to work the same as mine but not sure if it was at operating temperature.

Thanks for reading this, I'm just ensuring all is OK before end of warranty - they've just agreed to replace ( old logo ) wheel centre badges due to 'white worm'.

Almost 50,000 miles in 33 months and VERY satisfied Yeti enthusiast.

AWFABIA you say you are on Auto, is that Auto 1 or 2.
Auto 2 has a higher fan speed.

It will only automatically run Max fan speed if turned down to 17 degrees, or up to 27 degrees but only if engine is up to temperature to provide the heat requested.

Edited by Urrell

In Auto mode, the fan speed depends on the difference between the set temperature and the actual temperature in the vehicle. As the difference between the two increases, the fan speed will increase. It's the reverse of this when the cabin temperature gets closer to the set temp. 

There are certain factors that will offset this, namely the sun loading IR sensor(s) at the top of the dash near the windscreen outlet vents. The fan speed is offset to a higher setting to compensate for solar heat gain on sunny days. The amount of cooling may also be offset too.

Also (in Auto), if the climatronic system demands heat when the engine is still cold, the fan will be held off until the coolant is sufficiently warm enough to provide warm air, in which case the fan slowly ramps up to the normal operating speed as required by the climatronic unit. This is to reduce cold draughts from the footwell vents. 

If you alter the fan speed manually or hit the demist button, this will override everything and whack the fan speed right up, irrespective of engine coolant temperature. Same deal for the red and blue sections of the temperature setting dial(s). On these settings it's either flat out heating or cooling with no temperature regulation. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a Yeti and my problem is that when I press Auto for the climate to do it's thing and separate the air flow in my car it doesn't work for e.x for my windshield it doesn't blow air in automatic or in my legs, it doesn't separate the air flow as it should

Please help me out with this 

Edited by Arti

5 hours ago, Arti said:

I have a Yeti and my problem is that when I press Auto for the climate to do it's thing and separate the air flow in my car it doesn't work for e.x for my windshield it doesn't blow air in automatic or in my legs, it doesn't separate the air flow as it should

Please help me out with this 

Have you tried the demist button?.

Yes but when the demist is on than the Auto climate is not functional, before when it worked with the auto settings I was very pleased because all the work was done by automatic climate control, that is why I'm asking