Annual Lakes Camping weekend 2016 !

sharkrider

OK folks, I'll be arriving early afternoon on the 8th to get the gazebo etc set up.

To encourage others to arrive on the friday, I'll guarantee everyone at least a hot dog from the BBQ when you arrive.

We could also have a beer tasting event on the friday night:

everyone brings 3 bottles of their local beer to put in the pool, then

everyone take 3 (different) bottles out of the pool to drink.  The idea is to try beers you wouldn't normally drink.

It would be helpful to get an idea of who are the friday arrivals and who are the saturdays.

Cheers,

Bryan

• Like 1

OK folks, I'll be arriving early afternoon on the 8th to get the gazebo etc set up.

To encourage others to arrive on the friday, I'll guarantee everyone at least a hot dog from the BBQ when you arrive.

We could also have a beer tasting event on the friday night:

everyone brings 3 bottles of their local beer to put in the pool, then

everyone take 3 (different) bottles out of the pool to drink.  The idea is to try beers you wouldn't normally drink.

It would be helpful to get an idea of who are the friday arrivals and who are the saturdays.

Cheers,

Bryan

sounds good Bryan :) we will be there on the friday afternoon as always.... (and we will eat your food! lol) .... I will get three local beers to put into the pot.... we have some really nice ones up here :)

see you soon!

1) Dave & Ash & Rose.... friday..... beer pool!

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering what time to arrive on Saturday. Is the plan to go for a drive in the morning/ all day or is it, like previous years, have a lazy morning in camp then drive in afternoon?

I am wondering what time to arrive on Saturday. Is the plan to go for a drive in the morning/ all day or is it, like previous years, have a lazy morning in camp then drive in afternoon?

no real plan, will see if Ian turns up! I don't do fast drives anymore, I find its getting too dangerous out there on the public road, was nearly killed by 3 people yesterday just pootling around :( got really stressfull..... If I do a drive, we are taking it easy, enjoying the scenery and never braking speed limits....

Sadly, Jason isn't coming. Anyone else have VCDS?!

1) sharkrider + black&white
2) Gilly & Wibble
3) APD007 -
4) bryand
5) Zenya
6) Skodaboy
7) chrisw880
8) Graham Murphy (provisionally ) :)
9) Loz & Dave
10) Michalko82
11) pip_vRS
12) Skud Vrs
13) Copey (possible)
14)

15) Nicola and Brett (provisionally)

16) ColinD (maybe)

17) Grumpy (maybe)

18) Jim H

I was thinking of arriving about 11-12 am on Saturday.  If we don't go off in afternoon, I'll be just as happy to chill in camp.

I do hope the weather stays good. :sun:

Edited by Jim H
  • Like 1

That was a great weekend. Thanks to Dave and Ian organising it and the drives out.  :thumbup:  Shame about the weather :rain: , so big thanks to Gilly and Wibble for the use of their awning and cooker, I don't know what we would have done without you. :thumbup:

You were all great company so will hopefully see you again an another Brisky meet.

• Like 1