2016 Skoda Octavia Scout 1.8TSI

BGB

Thank you for kind words Blueshark. 

Cars in general are priced absolutely crazy in Norway and we are known for our taxes towards vehicles. We actually paid well over 50k euros for this car with all except three options. As for snow this is indeed a good car for Norway :)

You're welcome BGB.

That price is about what you would pay in The Netherlands for a Scout like that. Skoda is supposed to be a budget car here, but really isn't anymore. I have the top trim 1.8 tsi combi, style, and all but one options and some accessories, with a special Business package, where the importer offers options in a discount package which gives up to a few thousand Euro's advantage. But in spite of that it still costs €48K. On the base price of this trim, which is € 33260 (so without extra options but with the Business package) the taxes alone, consisting of VAT and a car tax called BPM, are a whopping total of € 12.046 !

And in the €15K options I have there is ofcourse tax as well, so over 36% of the total price would be taxes.

So lets work a little harder for the man :swear:  ;)

Nice upgrades!

What hood dampers did you get. Were these avaliable from the dealer? And how about the led lights?

Edit: Sorry, I just read about the dampers.

I had some LEDs put in by the dealer, but most people get them through the internet and put them in themselves.

For example these are LEDs for the backup lights, they really are bright:

http://www.csl-tuning.at/d2013/CSL00220

Nice upgrades!

What hood dampers did you get. Were these avaliable from the dealer? And how about the led lights?

Edit: Sorry, I just read about the dampers.

Thats ok Riolux, as you read the dampers are from Superskoda end the license plate lights are OEM from VAG, i think there is a part number back in this thread, if not just ask and I will find it for you.

You're welcome BGB.

That price is about what you would pay in The Netherlands for a Scout like that. Skoda is supposed to be a budget car here, but really isn't anymore. I have the top trim 1.8 tsi combi, style, and all but one options and some accessories, with a special Business package, where the importer offers options in a discount package which gives up to a few thousand Euro's advantage. But in spite of that it still costs €48K. On the base price of this trim, which is € 33260 (so without extra options but with the Business package) the taxes alone, consisting of VAT and a car tax called BPM, are a whopping total of € 12.046 !

And in the €15K options I have there is ofcourse tax as well, so over 36% of the total price would be taxes.

So lets work a little harder for the man :swear:  ;)

Wow, did not know that you guys had such taxes, learned something new everyday.

Well Skoda was supposed to be a budget car in Norway but is almost as expensive as VW now. Luckily the Norwegian dealer also has three main packages for the Octavia, and a lot of options is standard here for the Scout so there is just a couple of option clicks on the side and the list is total.

Norway and The Netherlands are not so different after all. The only thing is though, if I would mount my license plates with Velcro, they would be gone in under 5 minutes here. We have to use rivets, screws aren't secure enough.

So I guess Norway still is a better country to live in.

• Like 1

Yes they 

BGB - does the hood dampers interfere with the foam "walls" in the engine room?

Yes they do touch the foam, however the foam is so soft that it "molds" around the dampers, no issues what so ever.

• 2 weeks later...

One of those lovely days where it´s snowing and snowing and snowing (Scout days as I like to call them :p)

80C19114-CE49-42CD-B6CF-B98EF0C79859.jpg

FC6D8AF2-8BF1-4EC8-9162-42D8E23C10E8.jpg

Edited by BGB

• 2 weeks later...

Had no plan to get new wheels for the summer season but I got a ridiculous deal on a set of Norwegian manufactured wheel called Polar Stone in 8x18, always liked the idea of dark wheels on a white car. I will be moving over the barely used Goodyear tires from the 7.5x18 Trinitys, maybe I'll use the latter for winter next year and sell the 17" I'm using now.

Tell me what you think of the wheels!

Polar Stone Gun:

stone1.jpg

Nice wheels.

I was about to order them myself to my Octavia that I am going to pick it in a couple of weeks.

But I didn't dare to because the dealer in Bergen had heard talks of the manufacturer may be shut down in 2017.

I did not take the chance in case I could not get hold of an new rim if one were broken.

Nice wheels.

I was about to order them myself to my Octavia that I am going to pick it in a couple of weeks.

But I didn't dare to because the dealer in Bergen had heard talks of the manufacturer may be shut down in 2017.

I did not take the chance in case I could not get hold of an new rim if one were broken.

As far as I know they are just switching factories and not shutting down, I've been mailing with them all week and they did not mention anything out of the ordinary :)

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, in2k said:

Hi, had a change of heart regarding new wheels? ☺

If you've seen them for sale (finn) its because I´m wondering of using wheels from the same manufacturer but in 19" instead. However 18" is a good compromise between looks and comfort so its a good chance that I keep them.

• 3 weeks later...

Got summer tires on the new Polar wheels:

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

Even tho these wheels are half an inch wider the sidewalls still are ok (no stretch on a car like this):

IMG_0397.jpg

Very happy, can't wait to get them on the car but I guess its a few weeks to go.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally! Today I had time for a thorough wash and cleanse with metal particle removers and so on, a Norwegian winter really leaves a mark. Conscience clear :)

IMG_0415.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...