What bulbs are fitted to the S3 & upgraded bulb recommendations

On 14 June 2017 at 09:43, Theo67 said:

Do you have a link to the Led's you used? There seem to be so many different variations of led placement/sizes/number of leds and all under the same W5W 5050 T10 reference. I haven't got the car yet so can't check and  don't want to order the wrong ones or something that is too bright. Thanks

Best I can do is this screenshot of my mobile eBay app sorry. There is nothing in the address bar at the top of the page for me to copy.

If you put in 'one sided 5050 5w5 blue led' into the search bar then scroll down the page you will see this.

image.png

10 hours ago, Jaytip said:

Best I can do is this screenshot of my mobile eBay app sorry. There is nothing in the address bar at the top of the page for me to copy.

If you put in 'one sided 5050 5w5 blue led' into the search bar then scroll down the page you will see this.

image.png

Thanks, should give a better idea of what to look for

On 2017-6-11 at 07:21, drewellis said:

What do you think about the actual performance of the LED setup compared to Xenon? I've had expensive LED conversions done on past cars, but nothing was even close to how bright my Superb's AFS is.

Separately if anyone is interested, I came across these last night on Amazon:

ASVEGEN 2PCS Car Door LED Welcome Projector Logo Ghost Shadow Door Light LED Courtesy Laser Projector for Skoda https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0728K2FZL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ndopzbZ27S3HR

They look pretty good but it's not entirely clear on whether they will fit the S3. (it says it will fit Superb 2009-2013 and Superb 2013-2016)

Im ordering some so will let you know if they fit or not. 

Hi all, I finally got these and fitted them, they fit and work great...

They are the older style logo, but I really don't mind they look amazing and super sharp on the ground, very modern looking indeed. Annoyingly they don't seem to be listed on Amazon anymore but I bet they're listed under some other name, or perhaps on Ali somewhere... Here they are anyways

20170620_233424.jpg

18 hours ago, drewellis said:

They are the older style logo, but I really don't mind they look amazing and super sharp on the ground, very modern looking indeed. Annoyingly they don't seem to be listed on Amazon anymore but I bet they're listed under some other name, or perhaps on Ali somewhere... Here they are anyways

20170620_233424.jpg

Link doesn't seem to work any more, they look good

Have another link do you think they are the same...https://www.amazon.co.uk/Newsun-Projector-Shadow-Courtesy-Welcome/dp/B01MQXLBQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498146690&sr=8-1&keywords=skoda+car+logo+projector

Edited by panmat
more info added

On 3/28/2017 at 12:51, MartiniB said:

Trunk light

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2Pcs-12V-Car-LED-Courtesy-Door-Projector-Light-For-Audi-A3-A4-A6-VW-Skoda-Foot/32789695507.html

170327_12V_3W_Car-LED-Courtesy-Door-Projector-Light.jpg

perfect result:

170327_3w_18xLED_vs_stock_Incandescent.png

adopter cables weren't necessary in trunk,

but pass in Glove box, but there holes are 1-2mm too short(outside dimensions are equal).

two extra pieces were ordered to somehow install them in cargo to able have some light from the top,

not done yet

finally have installed light from the top

170628_add_2xLED_Light_Hatch_Tailgate_20p.thumb.jpg.5bd447bcfee0145fe25702e17f0a1325.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/21/2017 at 21:59, drewellis said:

20170620_233424.jpg

I got another style logo .The pictures are when the ground was wet .The fit and quality and sharpness are really good .

20170515_215808.jpg

Edited by lksuperb
Mk 2 superb sorry
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lksuperb said:

I got another style logo .The pictures are when the ground was wet .The fit and quality and sharpness are really good .

They look great! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/06/2017 at 16:50, panmat said:

Have another link do you think they are the same...https://www.amazon.co.uk/Newsun-Projector-Shadow-Courtesy-Welcome/dp/B01MQXLBQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498146690&sr=8-1&keywords=skoda+car+logo+projector

Sorry I missed this, yes they look identical to mine

On 22/06/2017 at 16:50, panmat said:

Thanks for that

• 1 month later...
On 2017/6/29 at 05:10, MartiniB said:

170628_add_2xLED_Light_Hatch_Tailgate_20p.thumb.jpg.5bd447bcfee0145fe25702e17f0a1325.jpg

I bought this lights and it just a bit bigger than the original hole,

there is a rear light cable behind the hole. these new lights are pretty tight to put them in as the back of new light  is not as flat as the original light. 

5 hours ago, pompom said:

I bought this lights and it just a bit bigger than the original hole,

there is a rear light cable behind the hole. these new lights are pretty tight to put them in as the back of new light  is not as flat as the original light. 

Hi Pompom

I have also done this modification - there is a trick to fitting them that the videos from Superskoda on YouTube show you - you have to fit them the other way round compared with the factpry lights - with the litle cutout towards the centre of the car instead of towards the outside. Then they fit easier but need the small adapter cables to fit! 

I hope this helped! 

All the best,

Rob

1 minute ago, SwissRob said:

Hi Pompom

I have also done this modification - there is a trick to fitting them that the videos from Superskoda on YouTube show you - you have to fit them the other way round compared with the factpry lights - with the litle cutout towards the centre of the car instead of towards the outside. Then they fit easier but need the small adapter cables to fit! 

I hope this helped! 

All the best,

Rob

Thanks Rob, I have a go tonight see how it goes.

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 05:10, MartiniB said:

is there existing wiring in the bootlid for these additional lights?

i notice the "blanks" there, and would like to install some lights in there if possible.

On ‎5‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 23:10, lksuperb said:

20170515_215808.jpg

my rear door courtesy lights don't light up - i can't figure out why.

is there a trick to it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JR RS said:

I also have noticed this

i would like to fix it

Does anyone know why and what to do?

58 minutes ago, SwissRob said:
3 hours ago, JR RS said:

I also have noticed this

i would like to fix it

Does anyone know why and what to do?

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/393511-what-bulbs-are-fitted-to-the-s3-upgraded-bulb-recommendations/?do=findComment&comment=4851340

...->

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/393511-what-bulbs-are-fitted-to-the-s3-upgraded-bulb-recommendations/?page=7&tab=comments#comment-4829298

7 hours ago, MartiniB said:

additional bulbs are powered from lid closing button

so i'm guessing this then involves removing the bootlid trim in order to access the wiring to source the power?

So I've changed my rear indicators, reverse light, boot and all footwell lights to LED following the information on this thread :)

Couple of other questions:

• Has anyone changed the roof lighting to led?  If so what bulbs are required and how do you remove the trim?
  • I'd like to change the DRL's to led (only have halogen lights), however the other guide on removing the wheel arch lining looks like hard work! :)   So is it possible to remove the headlight without removing the front bumper?   I'm happy to get the lights realigned after refitting them.

12 hours ago, Lee_M said:

So I've changed my rear indicators, reverse light

Hi Lee

Just for my understanding...

So are they 1:1 LED replacements such as offered by Philips or Osram (see below) for conventional BA15S fitments in amber and white without any need to fit the Canbus ballast resistors

For example: 

Amber LED BA15S: 

https://www.powerbulbs.com/store/category/led-car-bulbs/fitting/py21w-581

White LED BA15S:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-Osram-Long-Life-LED-Retrofit-White-12V-P21W-Bayonet-Bulb.html

I'd be grateful for your confirmation! 

All the best, Rob