Northern Ireland Meet - Sunday 24th July 2016

JonnyHS

No promising or organising anything yet, but is there any interest at all in a meet in NI?

Couple of comments on the facebook group made me think there might be, but maybe the yearly catseye-removing-Jetta-fest at Dubshed ticks all the boxes already!  :D

Just testing the water :rain:, and not looking anytime soon as my Skoda is still off the road! Would be a little embarrassing if I organised some sort of meet and then had to turn up in a Zafira!  :blush:

Comments welcome, and if you are up for it, venue suggestions!

MEET is at Oxford Island Discovery Centre on Sunday 24th July at 1pm

Jonny

• Like 2

I think we have gotten close but no cigar last minute a few times :( Not that it's possible to get any further away for me, but could do a bit of a drive/meet in one. Like Meet Larne (at KFC) and hit the coast road all the way up for the road/view/pic ops. Then stop bite to eat / bit of banter and perhaps for the hardcore a wee shot down towards Armoy for the dark hedges? 

Technically this was a Brisky meet of sorts, but I had the 530D at the time so was relegated to Samsung Galaxy photographer. 

123.jpg

Could be a joint Brisky Bikers meet if any fancied it around Aug in line with the UGP :D

636%2BThe%2BDark%2BHedges%2B2W.jpg

I'd highly recommend Fermanagh too for this spot if everyone fancied saving me some diesel (plus you would be close to the border and cheaper fuel) :) 

Navar%2B2.png

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 2

Sounds good.

Bit of a distance for me too (in a 20 yr old Favorit - if I ever get it MOTd!), but I love driving so no bother! The joint with bikers thing would make it more likely to succeed I'm sure, despite my apathy towards two-wheelers (sorry!).

Dark Hedges filled from end to end with Skodas? That would make the calendar! Game of Skodas....

• Like 1

Sounds good.

Bit of a distance for me too (in a 20 yr old Favorit - if I ever get it MOTd!), but I love driving so no bother! The joint with bikers thing would make it more likely to succeed I'm sure, despite my apathy towards two-wheelers (sorry!).

Dark Hedges filled from end to end with Skodas? That would make the calendar! Game of Skodas....

Best thing about NI is the size of the place, furthest point to furthest point is only a 3 hour drive and thats without any real motorways lol. Bike idea would be cool, but highly unlikely as it's a peak time for bikes and accommodation here and not the cheapest thing to do and I think I remain the only Brisky Biker in NI :( . 

Seen your edit now - You're closer to me than the Dark Hedges are to either of us! See you in Ballygawley?  :rofl:

You will prob recognise this location from nearly 3 years ago, before I fell out with more modern Skodas: Be a bit of a boring place to meet though lol :D 

The Bregagh Rd is a nightmare tbh for bloody tourists not since every man and his Chinese dog knows about it :( 

The vRS pic above took 90 minutes odd or waiting for people to **** off and the coach that arrived was the China express, dumped them off did one to the end turned and waited then got them again. :( 

• Like 2

Best thing about NI is the size of the place, furthest point to furthest point is only a 3 hour drive and thats without any real motorways lol. Bike idea would be cool, but highly unlikely as it's a peak time for bikes and accommodation here and not the cheapest thing to do and I think I remain the only Brisky Biker in NI :( . 

You will prob recognise this location from nearly 3 years ago, before I fell out with more modern Skodas: Be a bit of a boring place to meet though lol :D 

Sorry. I'm a blow in. Don't recognise it! lol

May be too soon for me to have it fixed up, given my snail's pace progress, but you never know. Over for bikes?

NW200 FTW!  :clap:

• Like 2

Would certainly be up for a meet! Been a few years since the last one at Holywood Exchange with 5 of us! haha

Not so keen on the NW200 as i grew up a stone throw from York Corner and got blocked in every year. 

I'm based in Belfast/Newtownabbey but would drive anywhere for a meet really! Have a couple (3 or 4) of friends that could join me too!

• Like 2

That Renegade run is more my neck of the woods for sure. I reckon that if I meet up at Sprucefield and just head straight to Castlewellan, I may get there a few minutes behind you...  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

21yr old Skoda FTW  B)

• Like 2

FML rates bill was a joke this year, they put it up a fair bit this year after council merge crap now that we are paying Omagh's debt for them. Theirs went down and ours way up last year and this year theirs went up a bit and ours over double their increase..... NICE! But deciding to nearly double the valuation of my house has meant a 41% increase over last year in total :( Still it's nothing on England's council tax levels muwhahahahaha 

Going to be a quiet year I think, so the later the better for a meet at this rate my end. Anyone know of any good paying jobs going? :D 

Newtownabbey... down by 6 quid. 

Happy days!

Newtownabbey is still recovering from a nice mint low mileage Mk1 Octy being liberated from it :D 

• Like 1

Oh! Which one  was that? Silver?

No, my green goddess I got year before last with 42K miles on it. One retired owner, garaged from new. 15 years old now and heading for 59K miles :D 

P20160220_160313.jpg

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

Ohhhhh shiny! I automatically thought it was a VRS! 

Nah I have gone old school after the utter failure of Skoda in sorting my electrical issue at 2.5 years old on the Octy Mk2 FL vRS which I had even paid for 5 year extended warranty on......... Should never have sold my 06 Mk1 Fabia vRS so bought the best of both worlds furby has just hit 79K miles late Nov 2006 BLT  :D

P20160220_175830.jpg

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

The black one didn't come from Andersons town did it? 

Still missing my Mk1 Fab 2 years on, Still have a Paddle clutch, Strutbrace and 16" steels here for it! :( 

I'd have another in a heartbeat but cant fit the kids travel system into her Leon FR so the Fabia had no chance! 

• Like 2

The black one didn't come from Andersons town did it? 

Still missing my Mk1 Fab 2 years on, Still have a Paddle clutch, Strutbrace and 16" steels here for it! :(

I'd have another in a heartbeat but cant fit the kids travel system into her Leon FR so the Fabia had no chance! 

No it's a local one! Scary thing is that when I had mine it was the only one in the area full stop. Then this one (one owner from new again) but I think owner moved from Belfast, but would have been many years ago. Now it would seem that a load of wee wasters have discovered the Mk1 vRS and are abusing them all over the place :( Less fussed on it now as it's been soured by the wee tits. 

• Like 1