Northern Ireland Meet - Sunday 24th July 2016

JonnyHS

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks, shall we fire a pin in our Brisky calendars and set a provisional date and roll the dice on a location we can loiter at? Best I can say is something along the lines of the last Sunday in July / first Sunday in August (thinking in line with the best chance of it not snowing)?? 

Once we pick these we can start a list of those able/willing to attend and the more notice the more of us will be able to plan around it. I have just hit the 'follow' thread thing at top right, I probably should have done it a while ago lol. 

Any other NI/ROI members you know of on the forum fire them a PM with a link to the thread might get a few more on board too. 

Edited by FUBAR

Thanks for the kick up the arse. Will check calendar for work, although it's only fixed a month in advance.

End of July sounds good. T'missus wants to come and bring the kids. Have to work on that one.

I'll get in touch with the guy in Dungannon who pops up on SOCGB from time to time. Quite central and he may know somewhere suitable. Any objections.

There's the guys that run Cold War Classics Ireland too. ONe with his MB and one with the Estelle. They seemed fairly keen, but I don't know how South they are.

Anyway. Will get on it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kick up the arse. Will check calendar for work, although it's only fixed a month in advance.

End of July sounds good. T'missus wants to come and bring the kids. Have to work on that one.

I'll get in touch with the guy in Dungannon who pops up on SOCGB from time to time. Quite central and he may know somewhere suitable. Any objections.

There's the guys that run Cold War Classics Ireland too. ONe with his MB and one with the Estelle. They seemed fairly keen, but I don't know how South they are.

Anyway. Will get on it.

Keep her lit there and anywhere sounds good to me, a run out is a run out. Would be class to see some real classics for a change too, fingers crossed on that one  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Says Octy SE not vRS under name and mentioned having to retrofit cruise control. But since YellowSnow is fit to make the trip from same area, will you be making it a convoy?? :D

Edited by FUBAR

Right. First Sunday in August is out for me, so how about looking end of July? 24th or 31st? I'd prefer the 31st, but will have to check with work before committing; there's a great big fat TBC in the advanced planner, and they can change whatever they like until 4 weeks beforehand. When the big boss says jump...

• Like 1

Says Octy SE not vRS under name and mentioned having to retrofit cruise control. But since YellowSnow is fit to make the trip from same area, will you be making it a convoy?? :D

Mobile version no showy car detail :(

Annd... i took a punt on it being the red vrs one ive seen knocking around based address on the vcds map ;)

Theres a few mk2 vrs's around in the last 12months ish, but ive a feeling none are members! I left a note under the wiper blade about brisky on a mk1 vrs i ended up parked beside one day, even with my username as a reference... saw nothing in the hellos.

As for convoying up?

I doubt ill manage it. Work (despite a new minister who hates my sector) is on big push for upgrde completions this yr, so ive not a lot of free weekends for a while :(

We are hopin to get a few days in belfast for a little holiday durin summer though, with a ferry crossing to visit sis in law too (glasgow),so ill be up that direction at some stage :)

Passing through on sunday too, to boat it over to collect a car load of toddler gear from the same SIL. Back monday evening (24hr stay cheap rae crossing)

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 2

We are hopin to get a few days in belfast for a little holiday durin summer though, with a ferry crossing to visit sis in law too (glasgow),so ill be up that direction at some stage :)

Probably the same stage that I'll be meeting my sister in law in Scotland. 

• Like 1

Probably the same stage that I'll be meeting my sister in law in Scotland. 

So are we meeting on the P&O or the Stenaline boat? :D 

• Like 2

How about one of these two:

Cohannon Inn http://www.cohannon.com/index.html

or

Oxford Island Discovery Centre http://www.oxfordisland.com/

These were the suggestions of a guy near Dungannon who has used both for such things before. He's up for a meet - used to be listed as NI rep for SOCGB, but could never get much interest. Says his 110 is always up for a photo or two. The Oxford Island one is better for photos maybe. Both do food, and are reasonable apparently. Will have to check opening times and the like. I can't seem to make head nor tail of the website!

Thoughts?

So are we meeting on the P&O or the Stenaline boat? :D

I find Stena to be consistently cheaper.. and, didnt PO bin their route this year? Or was that just the larne troon (quite a handy one, skips so much of that ****e road outa stranraer

• Like 1

I always imagined his car would be yellow. Dunno why!

Black I'm afraid, though I do have a yellow reg plate  ;)

• Like 1

Mobile version no showy car detail :(

Annd... i took a punt on it being the red vrs one ive seen knocking around based address on the vcds map ;)

Theres a few mk2 vrs's around in the last 12months ish, but ive a feeling none are members! I left a note under the wiper blade about brisky on a mk1 vrs i ended up parked beside one day, even with my username as a reference... saw nothing in the hellos.

As for convoying up?

I doubt ill manage it. Work (despite a new minister who hates my sector) is on big push for upgrde completions this yr, so ive not a lot of free weekends for a while :(

Passing through on sunday too, to boat it over to collect a car load of toddler gear from the same SIL. Back monday evening (24hr stay cheap rae crossing)

I know the red VRS you're talking about but it's not mine unfortunately. Yes I've noticed a crazy amount of them since I moved down, had someone play a game of cat and mouse with me in his race blue FL VRS and the back road from Carrick to Clonmel a couple of weeks ago. First time I've came home from work smiling in a long time!

• Like 1

How about one of these two:

Cohannon Inn http://www.cohannon.com/index.html

or

Oxford Island Discovery Centre http://www.oxfordisland.com/

These were the suggestions of a guy near Dungannon who has used both for such things before. He's up for a meet - used to be listed as NI rep for SOCGB, but could never get much interest. Says his 110 is always up for a photo or two. The Oxford Island one is better for photos maybe. Both do food, and are reasonable apparently. Will have to check opening times and the like. I can't seem to make head nor tail of the website!

Thoughts?

Looks good, I've never been to Oxford island  :cocktail:

I find Stena to be consistently cheaper.. and, didnt PO bin their route this year? Or was that just the larne troon (quite a handy one, skips so much of that ****e road outa stranraer

Yea Troon is gone again. On the plus side though Stranraer closed years ago and Stenaline spent £200million making a jetty and a tin shed right next to P&O's port in Cairnryan, so you save a few miles of the A77. 

Black I'm afraid, though I do have a yellow reg plate  ;)

Yellow plates?? I used to have those too :D 

vRS%2BDonegal.png

• Like 2

I know the red VRS you're talking about but it's not mine unfortunately. Yes I've noticed a crazy amount of them since I moved down, had someone play a game of cat and mouse with me in his race blue FL VRS and the back road from Carrick to Clonmel a couple of weeks ago. First time I've came home from work smiling in a long time!

I know the blue FL, seen it around too.

ill have to keep me eyes open for the Nordy plate ;)

Theres also a white FL mk2 on sligo plates and a black FL mk2 on tipp plates knocking around. And... theres a blue PFL literally across the estate from me.. really have to make time to get over there and see whats his story!

Edited by mac11irl

Looks good, I've never been to Oxford island :cocktail:

Yea Troon is gone again. On the plus side though Stranraer closed years ago and Stenaline spent £200million making a jetty and a tin shed right next to P&O's port in Cairnryan, so you save a few miles of the A77.

Yellow plates?? I used to have those too :D

vRS%2BDonegal.png

Problem is at least in stranraer there was somewhere to get somethin to eat, and... the train terminal was there too, foot passengered my way home that way once too!

Looks good, I've never been to Oxford island  :cocktail:

My preference too.

It won't dissuade mRS HS from coming, as there are swings for the kids. I think she's intrigued, and she has a soft spot for the green machine.

Maybe, but I'd drive a LOT further if it means not having to go to Larne.

Maybe, but I'd drive a LOT further if it means not having to go to Larne.

yeah,Larne didnt exactly seem like the greatest location in the world the couple of times i was there :D

But, belfast to larne is a better shorter road than cairnryan to Troon.. for the main ferry link road from Scotland to NI the A77 is a disaster!

• Like 1

yeah,Larne didnt exactly seem like the greatest location in the world the couple of times i was there :D

But, belfast to larne is a better shorter road than cairnryan to Troon.. for the main ferry link road from Scotland to NI the A77 is a disaster!

95% of all ferry traffic goes east on the A75 towards civilisation Troon always seemed to come and go over the years, then would go seasonal only for a bit. There was even a car ferry from Ballycastle to take you further up that they built the port in the town for, but it folded too due to lack of traffic :( You can still do Belfast - Cairnryan or Larne to the same that's about your lot at the moment for the northern routes, unless you fancy Belfast to Birkenhead :P