Northern Ireland Meet - Sunday 24th July 2016

JonnyHS

I'd definatly be up for another meet at some stage, although another bambino due in next few weeks that'll dictate things a bit!

Somewhere you can get a cupa and get under cover if needs be. Display at wee local show would maybe do. I'd love to do it at dubshed too, but I couldn't commit to the whole day.

Another guy who was up noseying at the last meet has bought a Mk1 vrs so he'll maybe pop along as well :) 

Edited by 02VRS
  • Like 2

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 17:55, 02VRS said:

I'd definatly be up for another meet at some stage, although another bambino due in next few weeks that'll dictate things a bit!

Somewhere you can get a cupa and get under cover if needs be. Display at wee local show would maybe do. I'd love to do it at dubshed too, but I couldn't commit to the whole day.

Another guy who was up noseying at the last meet has bought a Mk1 vrs so he'll maybe pop along as well :) 

That's sounds like me lol

I'm up for a meet don't mind what kind of event, even castlewellan and have a stand?

So, what kinda dates we talkin?

me and swmbo are in middle of planning a couple of "staycations" during her summer hols,

looking like MAyo/Achill & Donegal in June with a hopeful long weekend up Belfast/Derry in August.

July its a bit out for me as ive major work projects scheduled that i cant dodge

(when youre the Proj Manager and lead engineer on the ground, thou shalt stay with ship as it sinks ;) )

If dates were a bit of a match, I may get her on board to tag along as the token "Rival Brand" member

Get a coupe of new Skoda Bonnet badges and duct tape them to Gerhard for the day

Edited by mac11irl
posted incomplete

18 hours ago, mac11irl said:

So, what kinda dates we talkin?

me and swmbo are in middle of planning a couple of "staycations" during her summer hols,

looking like MAyo/Achill & Donegal in June with a hopeful long weekend up Belfast/Derry in August.

July its a bit out for me as ive major work projects scheduled that i cant dodge

(when youre the Proj Manager and lead engineer on the ground, thou shalt stay with ship as it sinks ;) )

If dates were a bit of a match, I may get her on board to tag along as the token "Rival Brand" member

Get a coupe of new Skoda Bonnet badges and duct tape them to Gerhard for the day

It's a shame you're busy in July as it tends to be the most colourful time of year, you could get a new car off your insurance by driving up the wrong street and roast marshmallows by your bonfire on wheels :wondering: Pay out on the Star Burst down your way would prob cover a nice new Skoda up here ;)

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Yeah, id bet my southern plates would raise a few eyebrows in a couple of spots around derry in July :D

Fairly common in border regions, not so bad there as you can turn around and dive back into Muff

• Like 2

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 15:42, cormac81 said:

That's sounds like me lol

I'm up for a meet don't mind what kind of event, even castlewellan and have a stand?

yeah dude lol, another mate has just bought a smart mk1 octy tdi estate so he maybe tag along too

• Like 1

I'd be well up for a meet, although I may be leaving the Skoda stable to free up money for other projects.

If thats the case, then i may ride shotgun with Gobsheene lol.

Maybe too soon but how about over Easter at one of the Applegreens? Plenty of room and plenty of eating options?

29 minutes ago, browne174 said:

I'd be well up for a meet, although I may be leaving the Skoda stable to free up money for other projects.

If thats the case, then i may ride shotgun with Gobsheene lol.

Maybe too soon but how about over Easter at one of the Applegreens? Plenty of room and plenty of eating options?

B)

greggs.jpg

• Like 1

Applegreen might be a plan for a wee meet, ample parking, eats and handy to get to. Lisburn or Mallusk one then lol

Harmony hill show Lisburn at end of April normally a great event, although I got blocked in last year and couldn't leave until after 3pm............... had two kids with me............ not happy bunnies

http://gtini.invisionzone.com/topic/19416-harmony-hill-2016/

Edited by 02VRS
  • Like 1

PC110985_zps4jh1ksgg.jpg

My old Octavia. Aaron always kept it nice and clean and even let me drive it to the show that day.

Might have to buy it back if i can convince myself i dont need a diesel.

Edited by browne174

I even tried the culchiebound one, but couldn't find you all :( I did console myself with my first Gregg's in 6 years! And 2nd BK in 4 years! Then rode the sunami back to the sticks

PSX_20170307_220745.jpg

IMG_20170307_153101.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 19:19, browne174 said:

PC110985_zps4jh1ksgg.jpg

My old Octavia. Aaron always kept it nice and clean and even let me drive it to the show that day.

Might have to buy it back if i can convince myself i dont need a diesel.

Do it, you know MK1s rule!

• Like 1

Actually sold it and bought a Fabia vRS which i ended up selling because it was too small.

Moved to my current mk2 Octavia TFSI. If i had to choose, i would probably choose the 1.8t over the TFSI. The mk2 feels massive in comparison.

Any more ideas on meet dates that would suit us all?

Edited by browne174
  • Like 1

Well due to someone at the lab doing my drugs test spilling my pi55 since the other day, I will be swinging by again in a couple of hours no doubt.......... FFS! Might take the Octy this time to give her a wee run out. The Fabia is all shiny though, so might take it to save time on my God given day off after a crapy long week. FFS just what I needed :( 

11 minutes ago, gizmo98 said:

Magherafelt Bai's :rofl:

Do we have any 'felt' spec wagons on here?