Northern Ireland Meet - Sunday 24th July 2016

JonnyHS

Where abouts, I will be heading up from furrymanagh too (still pending work not being tools) 

Just started typing furrymanagh into Google maps before it clicked with me.  :giggle:  It'll be Enniskillen if I do decide to come up the Saturday though i've family down in waterford that weekend so it might suit me to head up Sunday morning.

• Like 2

Just started typing furrymanagh into Google maps before it clicked with me.  :giggle:  It'll be Enniskillen if I do decide to come up the Saturday though i've family down in waterford that weekend so it might suit me to head up Sunday morning.

You will be a good person to ask this. How long would it take from Limerick to Enniskillen? 

You will be a good person to ask this. How long would it take from Limerick to Enniskillen? 

Best case scenario about 3.5 hours going via Athlone. Can't really get going on that road at all really.

Best case scenario about 3.5 hours going via Athlone. Can't really get going on that road at all really.

Got an appointment there first thing on a morning so will be traffic free at least :( Going to be a long assed day I think. 

did I see that some one else heading up from the south? I'm easy for any time!

Aye, joedemp from Kildare. I'm going to try to convince the guys that run the Cold War Classics Ireland fb page to come up too. One is Kildare based, but might be too far for his MB...

One last shout for 1 o'clock before I get admin to alter the original post and start hitting other places for some more interest.

Unless anyone objects. I'll give it till tomorrow evening and see.

• Like 2

One last shout for 1 o'clock before I get admin to alter the original post and start hitting other places for some more interest.

Unless anyone objects. I'll give it till tomorrow evening and see.

Sounds like a winner 

• Like 2

I dont want to arrive dirty please  :D  :sun:

I'll have a bucket of soapy water and a sponge waiting for you at the entrance. Wouldn't want you letting the side down.

• Like 1

I'll have a bucket of soapy water and a sponge waiting for you at the entrance. Wouldn't want you letting the side down.

Well its actually for the car, but if that floats yer boat each to their own 

• Like 2

Sounds like a winner 

Ifs its possible for me to make it ill bring my VCDS in case anyone needs to use as long as battery on laptop lasts, ive also got a VAG405 scanner I dont need anymore which ill give to whoever has the biggest puppy eyes on the day 

• Like 3

Ifs its possible for me to make it ill bring my VCDS in case anyone needs to use as long as battery on laptop lasts, ive also got a VAG405 scanner I dont need anymore which ill give to whoever has the biggest puppy eyes on the day 

:D OHHHHHHHH I could take Octy and check timing finally :o I could bring a W10 laptop with long battery life that I use VCDS Lite on if it's of use (Thinking it's the cable's FW not the program thats licenced?) 

:D OHHHHHHHH I could take Octy and check timing finally :o I could bring a W10 laptop with long battery life that I use VCDS Lite on if it's of use (Thinking it's the cable's FW not the program thats licenced?) 

Should get an hour or so out of battery on mine, its an old thing but works not too bad. Pretty sure its the cable that makes it work as ive never had much success with copy cables and the same software.

Should get an hour or so out of battery on mine, its an old thing but works not too bad. Pretty sure its the cable that makes it work as ive never had much success with copy cables and the same software.

I still get about 6 hours out of my main laptop. I have an older one that last 90 min ish that I normally use for diagnostic software for random makes of cars, but it's been a bit annoying recently just runs dead with no warning and cuts off totally :( 

I am tempted to delete EGR on the Fabia but it will need mapped out, I don't think there is a VCDS way of sorting it, or does anyone know otherwise?? 

I am tempted to delete EGR on the Fabia but it will need mapped out, I don't think there is a VCDS way of sorting it, or does anyone know otherwise?? 

Quick google says no to delete but you can turn down so any lights on dash go off ?

• Like 1

Quick google says no to delete but you can turn down so any lights on dash go off ?

ohhhhhhhh lol Might just clean it out and try new gasket with narrower opening to get the pesky BLT hesitation to do one. 

Can we have a guarantee of good weather please, if I do manage to get I dont want to arrive dirty please  :D  :sun:

This good weather seems to be doing nothing for me, clean the car every Friday and by Monday evening it's got a thick cover of dust!

I work in a place where the carpark is mostly gravel and I can wash the car and be in work and a half hour later be covered in the dusty stuff. Still keeps me from snacking on the homewheat as much giving it a quick wash each night

I work in a place where the carpark is mostly gravel and I can wash the car and be in work and a half hour later be covered in the dusty stuff. Still keeps me from snacking on the homewheat as much giving it a quick wash each night

Yeah a lot of building going on at work and dust everywhere, had the VRS spotless last week, covered in dust by the time left work again!

Thunder was mad lastnight, at least the rain washed a lot of the dust of lol

• Like 1

Massive thunderstorm here last night. At least my footwells are now clean...

Ohh. That sound ominous...

I washed my car one day, even gave it a quick wax. 1 drive to work - which was a bridge renewal site in a farm... lets just say i havnt washed it since.

NCT in 40mins!!

• Like 2