Northern Ireland Meet - Sunday 24th July 2016

JonnyHS

Pic from when I still hadn't wached the car after owning it about 9 months 

P20150207_210333.jpg

Well...?

Cant say yet - I started a failure reason pool in the mk1 forum. Result will be posted tonight after 9pm...

• Like 1

I am tempted to delete EGR on the Fabia but it will need mapped out, I don't think there is a VCDS way of sorting it, or does anyone know otherwise?? 

Almost certain you can code it fully open in VCDS. Thats how i had mine in the old Fabia. 

What part its in i have no clue, but it was certainly doable.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just got myself my very first Skoda Octavia.. it's an 08 diesel VRS. Love it so far, but wish I knew more about the beast.

I had a 99 Ford Focus TDDI for the past 11 years and it was a great car, engine was so reliable. Skoda has a lot to live up to, but i've adored these vrs models for years and years. 

Anyway, nice to be here, will do my best to get to know some of you and try and get to this meet. If so I'll be the one chatting away, then going all quiet when anyone starts talking shop :)

Cheers

Jerry

• Like 2

Hi all, just got myself my very first Skoda Octavia.. it's an 08 diesel VRS. Love it so far, but wish I knew more about the beast.

I had a 99 Ford Focus TDDI for the past 11 years and it was a great car, engine was so reliable. Skoda has a lot to live up to, but i've adored these vrs models for years and years. 

Anyway, nice to be here, will do my best to get to know some of you and try and get to this meet. If so I'll be the one chatting away, then going all quiet when anyone starts talking shop :)

Cheers

Jerry

Doesn't take much to live up to a TDDI, twice the BHP alone should be proving entertaining so far :D What colour is it, I keep an eye on all the ones for sale? 

Doesn't take much to live up to a TDDI, twice the BHP alone should be proving entertaining so far :D What colour is it, I keep an eye on all the ones for sale? 

Oh mate it's mental fun, far superior to the focus., What I meant is I hope the octavia is as reliable as the focus was. That focus never once missed a beat, never failed to start first time etc. Even filling her with petrol only caused her to stop, syphon tank and away she went. The engine/guts were amazing, shame the rest of the car fell apart around it. I just scrapped it last week for £100.

The octavia is blue with big 18" black wheels. That sold me on it straight away. It's a CR version. I had tested an 07 estate vRS the day before and this one just seemed so much better on nearly all aspects. But it came without an docs which is a worry, and I already had probs with battery draining after I tried to fit a pioneer stereo. Even a jump start from my neighbour couldn't get it to start up. Took me to tow start it. Worries me, but driving is a complete joy. I luvs it.

Oh mate it's mental fun, far superior to the focus., What I meant is I hope the octavia is as reliable as the focus was. That focus never once missed a beat, never failed to start first time etc. Even filling her with petrol only caused her to stop, syphon tank and away she went. The engine/guts were amazing, shame the rest of the car fell apart around it. I just scrapped it last week for £100.

The octavia is blue with big 18" black wheels. That sold me on it straight away. It's a CR version. I had tested an 07 estate vRS the day before and this one just seemed so much better on nearly all aspects. But it came without an docs which is a worry, and I already had probs with battery draining after I tried to fit a pioneer stereo. Even a jump start from my neighbour couldn't get it to start up. Took me to tow start it. Worries me, but driving is a complete joy. I luvs it.

Looking good, i hadnt seen that one at all. The radio thing in cadse you haven't found the answer already is likely just a can bus gateway issue a common compatibility thing if you go to the Octavia II section then use the search bar at to while in there it will search just that section. The RNS-510 Columbus is a very popular upgrade for the Octy II always ones for sale about the forum somewhere if your after a big sat nav one to fill the hole. 

I changed to a Columbus in my old Octy, was a good job. 

front%2Binterior%2Bdash.jpg

• Like 1

Bad news from me is I can't get the brakes bled as the rear nipples are seized solid. I'm going to keep working at it and try not to snap them, but I go away on the 12th and back on the 20th, so time is definitely running out to get it MOTd in time.

:swear:  :swear:  :swear:  :'(

Bad news from me is I can't get the brakes bled as the rear nipples are seized solid. I'm going to keep working at it and try not to snap them, but I go away on the 12th and back on the 20th, so time is definitely running out to get it MOTd in time.

:swear:  :swear:  :swear:  :'(

Don't despair, it's amazing what a good few soakings with a penetrating fluid can do over a day or two. Get MOT booked for 19th and closer to the time you will know more where you stand and can rearrange it at no cost if the worst comes to it. 

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

Don't despair, it's amazing what a good few soakings with a penetrating fluid can do over a day or two. Get MOT booked for 19th and closer to the time you will know more where you stand and can rearrange it at no cost if the worst comes to it. 

That's what I'm trying for. If that doesn't work, I'll try swearing, heat and prayer...

MOT for 21st is best I can do. Return on 20th.

• Like 1

The feckin thing just moved. Three feckin cheers for WD40 and vice grips...

That's three bleedable wheels (two new calipers so you'd hope they'd be working...). Never ending fun.

Edited by JonnyHS
  • Like 2

Will it be at the Discovery centre (lower) car park?

I think so. Never been, so am open to be led on this, but unless there are masses of us, it's easiest to say nearest the Centre. The staff want a heads up on numbers, so I will phone after me Hols, and I'll ask them then. That'll be the 21st or 22nd.

Edited by JonnyHS

• 2 weeks later...

Not long now, didn't half of i wanted to do to the car finished! Will be lucky if it's even washed for Sunday! :D

Could be worse - i spent the last 4hrs of the hottest day of the year ripping out the edge floor tiles and skirting boards in the kitchen after discovering an ant-ular issue around the door frame. Little ******s had "Antopia" set up in the space behind skirting board :( waiting for pest man to come and size up the potential scope of the issue.

Ironically only discovered them as i was lifting a couple of corner tiles to evaluate the adhesive situation for a quote to retile the feckin place!

I will see use all on Sunday.  Could not be happening at a worse time for me as my wheels are currently away getting acid dipped and re-furbed and my car goes in on Monday morning to the bodyshop to get some paint work done after being in a minor crash it was fixed but badly is an understatment.  all that being said i live about 5 minutes away from Oxford Island so i have no real excuse haha.  

Good thing about this location is there is a Large cafe which sells Hot and Cold food.

Bad thing is if its warm weather there will be swarms of miggy's.  (If this is the case on the day and the event organizer wanted i could possibly help move to another location)

• Like 1