Northern Ireland Meet - Sunday 24th July 2016

JonnyHS

Could be worse - i spent the last 4hrs of the hottest day of the year ripping out the edge floor tiles and skirting boards in the kitchen after discovering an ant-ular issue around the door frame. Little ******s had "Antopia" set up in the space behind skirting board :( waiting for pest man to come and size up the potential scope of the issue.

Ironically only discovered them as i was lifting a couple of corner tiles to evaluate the adhesive situation for a quote to retile the feckin place!

We've a pest controller in every year because of the b******s, estate is built on top of sand it seems!

I will see use all on Sunday.  Could not be happening at a worse time for me as my wheels are currently away getting acid dipped and re-furbed and my car goes in on Monday morning to the bodyshop to get some paint work done after being in a minor crash it was fixed but badly is an understatment.  all that being said i live about 5 minutes away from Oxford Island so i have no real excuse haha.  

Good thing about this location is there is a Large cafe which sells Hot and Cold food.

Bad thing is if its warm weather there will be swarms of miggy's.  (If this is the case on the day and the event organizer wanted i could possibly help move to another location)

Looks like rain for Sunday :(

• Like 1

We've a pest controller in every year because of the b******s, estate is built on top of sand it seems!

Its a right pain in the arse. Who do you get in? Pat Dwyer is our man as FIL knows him through work. Hes just been and treated the walls and outside. Reckons most of what i uncovered was the older settlements as there was no exodus post spraying as would be expected if it was still very active :phew:

Soz thread hijack!!

I wony be up on sunday, too much **** to get done!

I wony be up on sunday, too much **** to get done!

Shame. next time maybe. 

Back from holiday just now (all of an hour ago), so just time to get the machine through an MOT. Collective fingers crossed pleased.

Weather does indeed look to be wet. At least that makes my car look like it's all one colour!

• Like 2

Shame. next time maybe. 

Back from holiday just now (all of an hour ago), so just time to get the machine through an MOT. Collective fingers crossed pleased.

Weather does indeed look to be wet. At least that makes my car look like it's all one colour!

Hope it sails through!

• Like 2

It didn't.  :thumbdown:

However, it was just a dodgy tyre. I knew it too, but ran out of time trying to get a stubborn centre cap off this morning. The rest of the car SAILED through, despite my amateur mechanics. I thumped the centre cap screw with a frustration-imbued hammer in the test centre car park straight after and it came right out.  :devil: 

Retest tonight in Lisburn.

Only now our favourite Northern Irish insurance company are being assholes about it.

Passed the MOT! Hooray.

See you all tomorrow. I'm going to phone the venue and say to expect between 10 and 20 people, so not to panic about numbers. Unless anyone knows differently of course...

• Like 2

Passed the MOT! Hooray.

See you all tomorrow. I'm going to phone the venue and say to expect between 10 and 20 people, so not to panic about numbers. Unless anyone knows differently of course...

Happy Days JonnyHS.

See you tomorrow mate.  Thankfully I got My Alloys done ended up finishing spraying at 6am friday morning HAHA.  Now to finish this Night shift and to start cleaning the car  :sweat:  :sweat:  :sweat:  :sweat:  :sweat:  :sweat:

LOL
  • Like 1

Happy Days JonnyHS.

See you tomorrow mate.  Thankfully I got My Alloys done ended up finishing spraying at 6am friday morning HAHA.  Now to finish this Night shift and to start cleaning the car  :sweat:  :sweat:  :sweat:  :sweat:  :sweat:  :sweat:

LOL

Be careful using any cleaning products on the freshly painted wheels for a few days just in case  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Work has worked out but other half has something planned she's just informed me that said I'm still hoping to leave Belfast after 1 so all being well be there for 2 if anyone will still be there. I've charged laptop and will bring cable so vcds will be available. If it falls through I'll update here beforehand ☺

• Like 2

Work has worked out but other half has something planned she's just informed me that said I'm still hoping to leave Belfast after 1 so all being well be there for 2 if anyone will still be there. I've charged laptop and will bring cable so vcds will be available. If it falls through I'll update here beforehand ☺

Im sure i will still be about mate.  Interested to see what can be done on my car with VCDS  :notme:  :notme:  :notme:  :notme:

• Like 1

I'll still be around no doubt. Possibly with the kids on the swings, mind, but still about.

Or by the AA wagon :P 

Im sure i will still be about mate.  Interested to see what can be done on my car with VCDS  :notme:  :notme:  :notme:  :notme:

Im no expert, but if you want to have a play youre more than welcome  :)

I'll still be around no doubt. Possibly with the kids on the swings, mind, but still about.

Dont be putting your legs through the baby swigs and having a go, theyre a bugger to get back out of again ;)

• Like 1

Im no expert, but if you want to have a play youre more than welcome   :)

Dont be putting your legs through the baby swigs and having a go, theyre a bugger to get back out of again ;)

Ideally i would like all my doors to open at once haha.  I have not a clue about VCDS haha

Nice to put faces to the members who turned up today, hope the doors are still unlocking and locking themselves now and glad to help out. Really should be some kind of law against camp dogs being allowed to wander about the carparks though. 

• Like 4

My doors still don't lock, and if they did, they would never open again...

Great to meet you all for real, and chuffed at the turnout. Will post some pics when I get a chance later.

• Like 1

Good way to spend a few hours and cheers to John for organising, loved the wee Favourite! Good to chat to a few folk and put faces to names

Few quick pics

DSCF5519_zpsp6juafmx.jpg

DSCF5523_zps2yozhhro.jpg

DSCF5517_zpsp2jgpr9k.jpg

DSCF5518_zpsbswxa7nb.jpg

DSCF5520_zpshdjrtj1v.jpg

DSCF5522_zps6v3r3e58.jpg

DSCF5524_zpstm7ppja8.jpg

DSCF5521_zps8m6kadkf.jpg

• Like 4

Looked a great turn out, gutted all the more now and am just home from work :( I didn't post but let Jonny know earlier in the week as in the past especially with NI meets it seemed to start a domino effect and they tended to fall through totally or just be a couple turn up. I think our new successful regional event organiser has finally broken the trend of failed meets and should certainly plan another this year before monsoon season sets in again. As good as the pics are so far, they certainly are lacking the Mk1 Fabia division :sweat:  

ps. who turned up in the RIG? 

• Like 1