Northern Ireland Meet - Sunday 24th July 2016

JonnyHS

That might be a hare rather than a rabbit, but not bad not bad ;)

Splitting hares hairs.

I just googled "roadkill rabbit". I am not to blame.

Edited by JonnyHS
  • Like 1

We got caught in Oxo 1way system on way out and did a lap lol. Hopefuly keep with the momentum for next meet. I'd love to see a rapide or estelle!

"caught" aye, we believe you  ;)

• Like 1

Im new to owning a fabia vrs se i would of loved to go but im only finding out about this now. If you ever do it again give me a shout.

Click at top to follow this thread to get notifications etc then when Jonny arranges the next one we can post a link in here for it so you won't miss out.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Jeezus only 250 notifications??? You must have the shakes from the withdrawl symptoms :rofl:

It dropped from just under 3000 to this :( that other thread on the matter is still open lol 

• Like 1

Looking good, i hadnt seen that one at all. The radio thing in cadse you haven't found the answer already is likely just a can bus gateway issue a common compatibility thing if you go to the Octavia II section then use the search bar at to while in there it will search just that section. The RNS-510 Columbus is a very popular upgrade for the Octy II always ones for sale about the forum somewhere if your after a big sat nav one to fill the hole. 

I changed to a Columbus in my old Octy, was a good job. 

Hi FUBAR. thanks for that information mate. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply & gutted I missed the meetup last weekend too.

Regarding stereos I didn't realise so much had changed since I installed a JVC unit in my old focus years back. I even tried that JVC unit in the Octavia after the Pioneer probs but same thing, battery probs and more. Looks like i'd need to run some wires directly to the fusebox to get them to power on/off correctly. 

That Columbus looks really nice. But I was thinking also a Bolero would be enough of an upgrade for my needs. If I stick with a skoda unit like those would it be a straight swap for my Stream head unit, ie avoiding the can bus, battery & any other potential issues associated with aftermarket units?

Cheers again mate.

Jerry

• Like 1

Hi FUBAR. thanks for that information mate. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply & gutted I missed the meetup last weekend too.

Regarding stereos I didn't realise so much had changed since I installed a JVC unit in my old focus years back. I even tried that JVC unit in the Octavia after the Pioneer probs but same thing, battery probs and more. Looks like i'd need to run some wires directly to the fusebox to get them to power on/off correctly. 

That Columbus looks really nice. But I was thinking also a Bolero would be enough of an upgrade for my needs. If I stick with a skoda unit like those would it be a straight swap for my Stream head unit, ie avoiding the can bus, battery & any other potential issues associated with aftermarket units?

Cheers again mate.

Jerry

Search battery drain on the Octy II section you will see what the issue is, there is a control module that needs recoding on VCDS or swapped for a more up to date one for pre FL's when they upgrade from the 'Swing' (or whatever the stock stereo is called) to Bolero or Columbus. Something along the lines of it leaves the cooling fan running all the time and doesn't full shut down the unit otherwise and drains battery. I assume this issue relates to all other stereos installed in that sense. I think there is a lot more integration to them than just a permanent(memory) and a switched live feed. If you can do it that way though, you can just take power from the fusebox as it's a lot closer should be a few slots not in use with power to them waiting. When I changed from the stock Bolero to the Columbus the difference in sound was amazing, such better amplification etc and the stereo itself can be set up for the specific car on VCDS. Mine came from a Superb etc so was changed to Octy in it's settings to meet the speakers in the best possible way. 

• Like 1

Search battery drain on the Octy II section you will see what the issue is, there is a control module that needs recoding on VCDS or swapped for a more up to date one for pre FL's when they upgrade from the 'Swing' (or whatever the stock stereo is called) to Bolero or Columbus. Something along the lines of it leaves the cooling fan running all the time and doesn't full shut down the unit otherwise and drains battery. I assume this issue relates to all other stereos installed in that sense. I think there is a lot more integration to them than just a permanent(memory) and a switched live feed. If you can do it that way though, you can just take power from the fusebox as it's a lot closer should be a few slots not in use with power to them waiting. When I changed from the stock Bolero to the Columbus the difference in sound was amazing, such better amplification etc and the stereo itself can be set up for the specific car on VCDS. Mine came from a Superb etc so was changed to Octy in it's settings to meet the speakers in the best possible way. 

Mate you are a complete star. I could ask you a million more questions, but won't wreck your head.. Now I know what to be googling, but i'm sure i'll be in touch again soon :) Thanks again buddy!! :))

• Like 1

Mate you are a complete star. I could ask you a million more questions, but won't wreck your head.. Now I know what to be googling, but i'm sure i'll be in touch again soon :) Thanks again buddy!! :))

Ask away, not that I know much. This forum is unlike most other car forums and has a serious amount of information in it, only difficult thing sometimes is with there being so much, is finding the specific topic. If you ever need to install a dash cam, I did a guide in the Octy MkII section a few years ago (pretty much universal for most makes/models). 99% of the PM's I get are people who have found it and have questions lol http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/265343-dash-cam-12v-multi-adaptor-hidden-install-driver-storage-compartment

• Like 1

Jonny,

I think its about time You/We/all of us,  Organised another meet.  

:giggle:  :dance:  :rofl:  :bandit:

I vote for Jonny as Supreme organiser and demand he gets another on the cards ASAP. Wonder could we crash the NI Airshow in Portrush (3rd/4th Sep ((Sat/Sun)))? Not really an event you can say we will app park up in one set place unless folk wanted to go early or someone knows of a good spot within walking distance? Big carpark down by Kellys was fairly empty in corner a couple of years ago when I last went and it was cracking weather and well attended. http://airwavesportrush.co.uk/

Some of the parking spots on the coast road on any day would make for some cracking pics. Kinbane Castle just outside Ballycastle etc and could even take the meet for a wee convoy to the Dark Hedges or something? 

Or Fermanagh to save me some diesel :D 

Another view of the spot in video above 

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, Gobsheene said:

Well lads... Think its about time 'I' start organising another go?

Well volunteered B)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

Well volunteered B)

Haha well how about the 8th or 9th of April as a Starter for 6... 

Ie. Dubshed. Maybe we would be able to get a spot outside as a club perhaps. 

Downside, we will have stay there all day if you want to come and go as you please its probably not for you. 

• Like 1

I think a whole day at the maze would push me over the edge personally. A great show though. It's a shame that the UAS still can't open to the general public, would be a class place to meet and get some epic backdrop footage. 

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1