Northern Ireland Meet - Sunday 24th July 2016

JonnyHS

They certainly have become the new Saxo... 

:envy:  :thumbdown:

Such a shame, as 'back in the day' we were pioneers with them here and no one knew what it really was and that it was a vicious badger in Fabia clothing. Now..... meh..... Was looking at Superb estates the other day thinking of changing to that, but the Octy is a workhorse that will love on for many many years yet. Be a shame to waste the value and reliability it has. 

I'd have another in a heartbeat but cant fit the kids travel system into her Leon FR so the Fabia had no chance! 

The very same reason I drive a Zafira. Can't wait for the day the seats are small enough to fit across the back of a nice Octy.

And FUBAR, now I've figured out who you are in the "real world" of Facebook.

#sherlock

• Like 1

They certainly have become the new Saxo... 

:envy:  :thumbdown:

I had a Saxo... Blew it up driving from Antrim to Belfast with the temp light blazing. Steam and oil EVERYWHERE. lolol

• Like 1

The very same reason I drive a Zafira. Can't wait for the day the seats are small enough to fit across the back of a nice Octy.

And FUBAR, now I've figured out who you are in the "real world" of Facebook.

#sherlock

I thought you'd worked that out some months ago lol Did you have to go off the same pics posted above in the end?  :notme:

Yep. I'm awfully slow.

Never that many NI folk on here or the fb groups etc over the years, as people come and go. At moment we seem to have more than normal. :sun:  

• Like 1

Yep. I'm awfully slow.

I'll try and remember the camera for this meet too!

Shall we think of a good place that suits folk and set a rough date so JonnyHS can get his finger out and light a fire under the Fav? 

ie. first Sat or Sun in Aug, at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (Cultra) ((not serious about that location at all, just an example)) 

Sounds good. Putting some of it back together only yesterday. Just got a battery to get, and brakes to check then mot.

Will have to check with SWMBO obviously as I know she's busy around then.

Cultra isn't a bad idea, but I'll go anywhere pretty much (except Strabane obviously). Central is good. Lisburn services? Closer for FUBAR, even if it's westbound only. Not trying to find somewhere closest to me, honest.

• Like 1

I'd highly recommend Fermanagh too for this spot if everyone fancied saving me some diesel (plus you would be close to the border and cheaper fuel) :)

Navar%2B2.png

This is the place in pic above if anyone feels like a Fermanagh trip:

First 10 seconds of video then it's just the same thing for rest of it really. I might be able to get a quadcopter & pilot to come along if it was there. 

• Like 1

Oh, by the way....

2%20Working%20Seatbelts_zpsmqdnqpm3.jpg

and...

Replaced%20Seatbelt%20Buckle_zps2tcbbbgw

That's two of my MOT jobs done. I mean two of the jobs I know about. Have to break open the back door next...

Don't hold your breath!

• Like 1

Oh, by the way....

2%20Working%20Seatbelts_zpsmqdnqpm3.jpg

and...

Replaced%20Seatbelt%20Buckle_zps2tcbbbgw

That's two of my MOT jobs done. I mean two of the jobs I know about. Have to break open the back door next...

Don't hold your breath!

Sadly mine are attached to the fecking seats 

11.jpg

12.jpg

Is it worth a shout out on SOC Facebook page too? There's a guy near Dungannon has a gorgeous s110 (I think). If he's up for it he's pretty central and may know somewhere usable. I'll see if the old boy near me fancies bringing down one of his Felicia rally monsters as well.

I'm game for a meet, originally from Fermanagh though living in Tipperary atm.

Clonmel would be a fair trek! I have to go to down that neck of the woods ish soon for an appointment....... not looking forward to it, bloody toll roads :( If you have any plans for being up this way during summer let us know could help in setting a rough date? 

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

YellowSnow, this is a slight tangent, but I am always being pestered by Ken, the organiser of this meet (held at Kilkenny show). He's a Skoda man too (lovely old 1000MB in the pic linked below is his yoke). Problem is I have a recurring family commitment last weekend in August so it always rules me out, but it's nearer Tipperary for sure and I thought you might fancy it. There was another meet (Leinster I think) being discussed on here the other day, but I didn't pay it much attention.

https://www.facebook.com/events/547965922045329/

Like FUBAR said, if you have plans to be up North, or at least further North in the summer, let us know.

Edited by JonnyHS
  • Like 1

Clonmel would be a fair trek! I have to go to down that neck of the woods ish soon for an appointment....... not looking forward to it, bloody toll roads :( If you have any plans for being up this way during summer let us know could help in setting a rough date? 

YellowSnow, this is a slight tangent, but I am always being pestered by Ken, the organiser of this meet (held at Kilkenny show). He's a Skoda man too (lovely old 1000MB in the pic linked below is his yoke). Problem is I have a recurring family commitment last weekend in August so it always rules me out, but it's nearer Tipperary for sure and I thought you might fancy it. There was another meet (Leinster I think) being discussed on here the other day, but I didn't pay it much attention.

https://www.facebook.com/events/547965922045329/

Like FUBAR said, if you have plans to be up North, or at least further North in the summer, let us know.

I'm constantly up and down the road so if you just set a date i'll stick it in the diary! Hopefully i'll have moved back up north by then Jonny but if i'm about i'll definitely check it out!

Edited by YellowSnow
  • Like 1