Remap

Camlep

Been a while since I posted, but I had my Citigo remapped by Celtic Tuning a few months ago, and it was the best money I've spent on the car. 

It - with the induction kit - has made a huge difference to response and pull. It pulls smoothly through the rev range, and is putting out 83lb/ft now (rather than the stock 70lb/ft). 

The biggest difference I noticed was the top range of the revs, waaaay more response and pull their. It appears to have done something to the revs for each gear (I used to hit 6k bang on, for 60mph in second gear. Now 6k bang on takes me to about 65). The car's initial pull away is very strong, and I was recently on a drive up Duke's Pass, and it surprised a few people driving significantly more powerful cars!

Nothing else has really been done to the car recently, however. But I would genuinely recommend the remap - especially if you're running a non-stock airbox. 

As an aside, the Duke's Pass let me test the Citigo's handling properly. Never been on such a windy road. I've got to say, it handles astonishingly for an entry level car. It never once felt uncontrolled, and it could fly into corners significantly faster than my friend's in their 3series, and Fiesta S1600's! Fantastic handling car. 

I'm not trying to pretend that the remap has somehow made my car a hot-hatch, but it certainly has a real grunt behind it now, for a light wee car. 

• Like 2