Columbus RNS510 in 2007 Roomster Scout?

2 hours ago, magic62 said:

Not sure, but even for the RNS300 you will need the smaller CanBus adapter.

Not sure because our second Roomster had the RNS300 (works install) and I updated to the RNS315 (as written above).

Didnt have to put any CanBus adapter in. DAB+, handsfree, routing and maps all worked instantly.

But unfortunately no more arrows in the maxidot and the original remote control doesnt work.

We can live (actually my son has to live) with that.

Great thanks.

My current plan is to fit the Relay 487 (part 5J0035751) can bus adapter which I have on order right now. Then see how my cheap RNS300 performs. Maybe I'll then go to a Amundsen RNS310 which will work 100%. I couldn't live with maxidot and remote control not working :)

I also saw the OEMplus adapter which they guarantee me will work 100% (even maxi dot and steering controls) with a RNS510 (and I assume RNS315) as long as the radio is coded to DDP in a more modern car before I fit it in my 2007 Roomster. Just waiting to hear back from Rustynuts by PM about that. If he can help I think I'm just going to jump in to Columbus.

I guess I will have to get VCDS coded to add navigation to my MFD regardless?

cheers

Edited by gingerbeardman

Even with the relay you will have problems to code the RNS 315 or 510 (dont know if you can access the 310).

Had the relay in our Scout and it worked (with restrictions) with a RNS510, but to code I had to put it in my Octavia 1Z.

In our other Roomster, the RNS315 works but no radio can be accessed with VCDS.

(I would like to code the rear view cam but cannot access it. And I dont have my Octavia anymore)

Other good thing (if you get the right one) of the RNS315 is the built in bluetooth. RNS510 needs an extra module or a parrot for that.

The relay 5J0035751 has to be either soldered to the CAN lines, or you can buy one which already wired and has quad lock connectors (more expensive but also much easier to fit.)

I had the relay and had to solder it (in our Scout).

I've bought the Relay with included quadlock cable. 

As I've got an Parrot already, I'm really hoping to go for a Columbus with DAB and the OEMplus adapter. If so I'll sell the relay and older setup. 

Now to find a friendly local VAG fan with VCDS and newer car. In West Cornwall it seems I might be looking for a while!

Edited by gingerbeardman
  • Like 1

A friend of my son has a Golf V, tried to code the RNS315 in the Golf. But unfortunately the Golf was a pre 2006 one.

And exactely this car didnt have the right possibilities to code.

From MY 2007 on (a car with Can Bus 2.0 based on the Golf V platform), it shouldnt be a problem. (just swap, code and swap back again) 

• Like 1