Lofty's Sprint Yellow Fabia vRS Mk1 - "Project Daffodil"

Lofty

• 2 weeks later...

As you know I've not long had a new genuine SE sunset glass rear window fitted and decided to have the rear doors tinted to match. Having picked the car up I was happy with the quality of the tint but it was noticeably darker even despite being assured it was as close a match as possible.. Lesson learned there then!

New sunset glass is available but at nearly £300 for the rear door drop glass and fixed quarter Windows it was a painful prospect..

My local fabia breaker has a number of late mk1 sport models in with sunset glass so I scooted over today and picked them up.

Here's a pic, guess which ones the real deal..

1461F456-F220-441D-B0C8-D891D8ADF40B_zps

Fitted all four Windows tonight and the car looks how I wanted all along,

No pics as its gone dark lol

Edited by Lofty
  • Like 1

You seem to have missed the sentence out on that last update where you are thanking me for finding you the rear tinted glass Matthew? :)

Edited by coskev
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm interested to see how the block comes out myself. Having only used industrial stuff in our washing off tank would be good to see how it compares. Ours usually gets changed weekly but the newer stuff we use is no where near as good as the older products we can no longer get.

How much is the bag and recommended mixing numbers?

Adam- the 4kg bag was about 40 quid delivered, the strongest solution the recommend is one to four, mines about one to seven at the moment. The blocks still bubbling under the water and there's a lovely scummy mix of orange on the water surface already.

Gonna fish the block out mid week and see what's happened so far

• Like 1

Nice. How's the outside of the block looking so far?

It's getting there, the trouble with the corrosion on the cast iron being so heavy is it takes a mixture of soaking, scraping then soaking again to get it all off.

The front face is about a 1/3rd done now. I'll get some more pics over the weekend

• Like 1