Hi All,

I've a 2015 VRS Diesel and have the same issue as explained in the thread. I just got the water pump and timing belt changed and the mechanic said that the replacement water pump provided by Skoka is the exact same part.

Is this correct? I'd assumed that the new part would be a slightly different or modified part?

As promised, i got my car fixed yesterday and the pump that was taken out had the older code ending with E, very disappointed with Skoda at this moment, this was 600e unnecessary money spent on fairly new and low driven car. Next to fix the broken electric boot...

• 1 month later...

This may sound a stupid question but I have also joined the over heating club at 40,000 miles on my 2014 Octavia. Before I take it to get sorted can one of you confirm which water pump you are referring too. Would I be correct it saying it is the main pump which is run off the cambelt and not the additional pump which is electric... Cheers

On 31/05/2019 at 09:04, EagleRocky said:

As promised, i got my car fixed yesterday and the pump that was taken out had the older code ending with E, very disappointed with Skoda at this moment, this was 600e unnecessary money spent on fairly new and low driven car. Next to fix the broken electric boot...

Hi,

The same thing happened with my car (2.0 tdi 150 hp) several days ago. I called the skoda help and they offered to tow my car to the nearest dealer center. It was Friday evening and they said they could not do anything over the weekend, so I am waiting now what they say on Monday. I bought this car in February 2018 from an official dealer,  it was 3 years old and 90000 km driven. When the engine overheating happened the car had 130k km on the clock. All service have been done in official skoda centers. I wonder whether the dealer can cover some part of the spare part and labour cost also here in Finland (if the problem is with the pump)?  When I spoke with skoda help, the guy on the phone said that this problem is quite common in Finland also.

3 hours ago, KonstaG said:

Hi,

The same thing happened with my car (2.0 tdi 150 hp) several days ago. I called the skoda help and they offered to tow my car to the nearest dealer center. It was Friday evening and they said they could not do anything over the weekend, so I am waiting now what they say on Monday. I bought this car in February 2018 from an official dealer,  it was 3 years old and 90000 km driven. When the engine overheating happened the car had 130k km on the clock. All service have been done in official skoda centers. I wonder whether the dealer can cover some part of the spare part and labour cost also here in Finland (if the problem is with the pump)?  When I spoke with skoda help, the guy on the phone said that this problem is quite common in Finland also.

Moi Konsta, i bought my car from Metroauto 2 years ago, was only driven 35k, now 80k but i did my service is a different place. when i called they knew the problem as it was common, but they said i still need to pay 120e for check up + whatever it will cost, i asked if they can offer a discount or pay for anything as it is a Skoda fault, but the answer was that they dont know and need to ask after the check up, loads of bs talk, same from both Autokeskus and Metroauto.

I didnt wanted to risk it, so i bought the parts from them and used my own car mechanic to change the pump and belt.

Give me a message if you need more information.

Sadly this is how the overly complex Skoda warranty or goodwill gestures work. Dealer needs approval from Skoda to do anything with claims, and Skoda demand the dealer provides fault information.

So the dealer advises the customer there is a 120e charge for diagnostics before they can act. Some faults are never logged, or they are cleared after a certain number of stop start cycles if the fault hasn't occurred again.

So the dealer will often just say, "Can't find anything wrong, go away and leave 120e at the service desk."

That's the kind of attitude that has made me walk away from VAG cars for good. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Had the same problem with a 65 plate Octavia Scout temperature shot up  and warning light came on stopped checked coolant and was empty so must have been some size of air lock in system went back to dealers. And it seemed to have remedied itself.

I have a picture or the coolant tank and the tank is absolutely empty topped up and seemed to sort itself but strange.

DF100703-1311-4572-AB16-BE3F92DAC8CA.jpeg

147D1BF6-5F7D-4FDD-ADE2-44EE14944D3D.jpeg