S3 L&K leather embossing in black interior

Hello from Czechia! 

I've been eyeing this S3 L&K sitting in the showroom. I noticed that the L&K logo is not embossed on the leather of the two front seats and the rear arm rest. I asked the dealer about it and he said that the embossing is only done on the brown and beige leathers, not black. 

Not really a deal breaker for me, but can anyone confirm this?

Thanks! Awesome forum by the way!  :D

I'll hopefully be picking my L&K in black leather in the next week or so (it's in the UK now, just needs to get to the dealer), so I'll report back on whether it's embossed or not. TBH it doesn't bother me if it isn't.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I have black leather and I have the L&k logo.

I have this picture for backseat. Don't have a picture availble for front seat, but they have logos as well.

IMG 4929 2

Edited by LLAARN

Thank you so much for the prompt replies, folks! I guess this is an L&K "Special" then... 

If I understood the salesman correct. The first black leather didn't have the L&K embossed, but now they have.

If I understood the salesman correct. The first black leather didn't have the L&K embossed, but now they have.

This would tie in with any supply issues as they probably just pinched stock from the SEL supply prior to officially receiving black L&K branded stock.

This would tie in with any supply issues as they probably just pinched stock from the SEL supply prior to officially receiving black L&K branded stock.

Probably.

When I got my car, the salesman started to say that I don't have the L&K embossed but then he stopped himself when he opened the car door and there it was. I guess I wouldn't have cried myself to sleep if they were missing, but it looks exclusive.

• Like 1

Very good points. I never paid attention to when the black interior was introduced to S3 L&K as, of all colours, I kind of took it for granted. I suppose the S3 in question has been sitting in the showroom for a while now lol.

It's a shame. Of all L&K logos stamped across the car I think the leather embossing is the most tasteful one.  :mmm:

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I get the top trim for me.....couldn't give two hoots about other people knowing about it!!

Well that was a slightly tongue in cheek remark, which is why I put the laughing smiley on the end...

I'm getting the L&K too and I plan on debadging it and removing the badges on the side too, because for me, I can't be seen to be driving one. What's inside and under the hood is important. Not what people see. Too many nosey family members would come sniffing...