MBIII

S3 L&K leather embossing in black interior

Hello from Czechia! 

I've been eyeing this S3 L&K sitting in the showroom. I noticed that the L&K logo is not embossed on the leather of the two front seats and the rear arm rest. I asked the dealer about it and he said that the embossing is only done on the brown and beige leathers, not black. 

Not really a deal breaker for me, but can anyone confirm this?

Thanks! Awesome forum by the way!  :D

I'll hopefully be picking my L&K in black leather in the next week or so (it's in the UK now, just needs to get to the dealer), so I'll report back on whether it's embossed or not. TBH it doesn't bother me if it isn't.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I can well imagine that is correct. The black was only recently added to the L&K trim and is used in other trims.

I have black leather and I have the L&k logo.

I have this picture for backseat. Don't have a picture availble for front seat, but they have logos as well.

IMG 4929 2

Edited by LLAARN

I saw a black leather L&K in one of the showrooms in Bulgaria - and yes - there was the Logo on the seats.

Thank you so much for the prompt replies, folks! I guess this is an L&K "Special" then... 

Thank you so much for the prompt replies, folks! I guess this is an L&K "Special" then...

Or not an L+K at all??

If I understood the salesman correct. The first black leather didn't have the L&K embossed, but now they have.

If I understood the salesman correct. The first black leather didn't have the L&K embossed, but now they have.

This would tie in with any supply issues as they probably just pinched stock from the SEL supply prior to officially receiving black L&K branded stock.

This would tie in with any supply issues as they probably just pinched stock from the SEL supply prior to officially receiving black L&K branded stock.

Probably.

When I got my car, the salesman started to say that I don't have the L&K embossed but then he stopped himself when he opened the car door and there it was. I guess I wouldn't have cried myself to sleep if they were missing, but it looks exclusive.

• Like 1

Very good points. I never paid attention to when the black interior was introduced to S3 L&K as, of all colours, I kind of took it for granted. I suppose the S3 in question has been sitting in the showroom for a while now lol.

It's a shame. Of all L&K logos stamped across the car I think the leather embossing is the most tasteful one.  :mmm:

• Like 1

And let's face it, if you've forked out for the top trim, you want people to know about it! :D

And let's face it, if you've forked out for the top trim, you want people to know about it! :D

I'm sorry, but I get the top trim for me.....couldn't give two hoots about other people knowing about it!!

I'm sorry, but I get the top trim for me.....couldn't give two hoots about other people knowing about it!!

Well that was a slightly tongue in cheek remark, which is why I put the laughing smiley on the end...

Well that was a slightly tongue in cheek remark, which is why I put the laughing smiley on the end...

I realised.....still had to have my say....I'm old and allowed to!! ha ha

• Like 1

I'm getting the L&K too and I plan on debadging it and removing the badges on the side too, because for me, I can't be seen to be driving one. What's inside and under the hood is important. Not what people see. Too many nosey family members would come sniffing...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hubo1173
      Hi guys

I would like to ask you if somebody used OBDeleven on Skoda Superb, Laurin & Klement mk3 or (SE L with park assist button)
      I made mistake , I forgot to backup my log ins and after coding I have some issue with Park assist not working after I press button and not helping to park.(Park Assist currently not available)
      It would really help if somebody has the same car (or option) and if you could sent me backup log ins.
      I think That way I could be able to fix it or if you have same car and you are in area of Northamptonshire I can come and get log ins with my OBDeleven.   
      Or do you know somebody in Skoda dealer who can help me with this please.
      Thank you very much.
      Happy New year to all

Kind Regards Laco

• By Ekion
      Hi all!

I’ve been lurking in these forums for a few months, but this is my first post here. I’ve ordered a vRS 230 in Candy White with KESSY and heated front seats (no black pack), which currently has a build week in Jan (excited is an understatement).

Whilst out Christmas shopping with the Mrs, we parked next to a pre-FL version (Candy White also) without the black pack and I couldn’t help but feel a bit disappointed. Admittedly it was dark, but now I’m unsure I made the right decision. I pretty quickly dismissed the option when speccing the car because I thought it looked a bit tacky, but i’ve since realised that all of the photos I’ve been drooling over for the past month or so all have the black pack selected. I could change my order now to include it, but it would likely push the build week back.

Without having both side by side to compare (in person), I’m struggling to make a decision. What’s people’s opinion/experiences with the black pack on the FL version?
    • By bullawayo
      Hi all, 

I've just bought my first Skoda. My previous car, a 530d e60 with 300bhp, I sadly lost to the weather in the Yorkshire moores last weekend during a snow storm. Hit a 30 degree decline road which was ice and couldn't control the car.

Anyway, this is my new car. I am new to Skoda's but my heart has always been with VAG cars. I have owned various Golfs/Boras/Polos etc including a G40 which was tremendous fun.

Heres an overview:
      2012 Octavia vRS Blackline Estate
      42k miles
      Full skoda history

Some pics from when I picked it up (oop North, i'm located in Basingstoke) on Friday evening:

And then some from Saturday morning:

I don't tend to hang about with cars, so got straight to it. On Saturday I removed various window stickers, gave her a proper interior clean and checked it over properly. I also fitted some LED number plate lights I had hanging around.
      On Sunday I took the car for window tinting:

Rears 20% and a black sunstrip added

Sunstrip/parked up next to one of my good friends Porkas:

The car is going into Skoda tomorrow for a major service as it is due (I got the money off the sale to pay for it). I have insisted they replace everything they can do as part of a major service (even if it "passes" visual inspection)

First impressions are good. It is not as quick as my 530d (unsuprisingly) but I have been impressed by how well it moves and the handling for an estate. 

I have also ordered a microphone, and once fitted I will enable bluetooth via VCDS.

Let me know what you guys think

Cheers
      Matt

• By ash01
      Afternoon all.
      Details below of my Skoda fabia for sale. Sad to part with it, although company car forces me to get rid of it. I really like the car, its great on fuel (60mpg easy) and has a smooth engine that is great on the motorway and looks great when cleaned up too.

Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 2014 - First Registered May 2014.
      HPI Clear.
      Meteor Grey with black roof
      Interior is also black and grey with black roof lining. It looks really nice. Whole car matches which is why I bought it. 
      1.6tdi CR 105bhp
      35.3k miles
      Upgraded headlights - nightbreaker - and tinted rear lights. 
      I have a skoda grey touch up stick that it comes with also.
      MOT due 25/04/2018 and Tax of £20 at the same time. 
      Based in Rhoose, Vale of Glamorgan - 15 mins outside Cardiff. 
      £7200 ono.
      Tel: 07590645935

Many thanks

Ash

• By hubo1173
      Hi guys
      I was trying to do some coding with Obdeleven on my Superb mk3 L&K. Other codings worked fine and I'm satisfied but  I have change something and now im not sure what it was. The issue is my PARK ASSIST (auto parking button) is not working now as im geting message which you can see on attached pic. Im not sure but I hope it is just settings which i need to change to default and it will be ok. Issue is I have been stupid and I didn't save default settings and now im not sure what I changed wrongly.  Is there somebody who is able to help please. Thank you