Dashcam wiring - Nextbase kit

On 22/02/2017 at 08:19, anst11 said:

It's ok, I have had some SD card trouble - make sure it's a genuine sd card from maplin not off the internet, however genuine the shop. 

Also lost an SD card down the central heating vents when taking it out once as it's from the underside....keep the flaps downwards when removing sd card - top tip.

the clock doesn't keep to the time, always 1 hour ahead, settings doesn't remember when i change it. 

still for me, it's worth it - havign 2 shots is more peace of mind for me. so many dashcam vids of people being hit in the rear and not actually seeing anything but the front view - doesn't prove anything.

not total HD quality but captures what you need.

attached pics is where I have placed it - i don't find the screen a distraction, I found it hard to hide away and also be able to see and have a view....

strongly recommend hardwiring.

IMG_4066.JPG

IMG_4065.JPG

I missed this and am looking for front & rear protection for my car after a clown tailgated me this morning and proceeded to take a photo of my car with his phone. 

D'you recommend this kit then? Is it easy to transfer footage seeing as there's no WiFi? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 06/06/2017 at 20:32, Octy09 said:

I missed this and am looking for front & rear protection for my car after a clown tailgated me this morning and proceeded to take a photo of my car with his phone. 

D'you recommend this kit then? Is it easy to transfer footage seeing as there's no WiFi? Thanks.

Yeah I'd recommend it on the whole. A bit buggy but works fine. To get footage just take the sd card out and upload to computer. Easy. Definitely hardcore it in 

Mr Flash, would you know where is fuse box in my car?

To confirm - black fork plugs into fuse socket, golden coloured fork is for 13mm earth nut, and single red cable into blue crimp? Thanks!

wiring.jpg

1 minute ago, Robertino said:

Mr Flash, would you know where is fuse box in my car?

To confirm - black fork plugs into fuse socket, golden coloured fork is for 13mm earth nut, and single red cable into blue crimp? Thanks!

wiring.jpg

You can find the fuse box directly underneath the steering column 

49 minutes ago, Robertino said:

I must be blind, but I just looked and I cannot see any fuse box under steering column?

If you find the OBD port and look just to the right side (for LHD) you will find the cover to the fuse box. Pull the cover up and away from the bottom. 

54 minutes ago, Robertino said:

I must be blind, but I just looked and I cannot see any fuse box under steering column?

Think you'll find the fuse box is behind the glove box, remove the side panel from the dash (  passenger Door open ) and unhook the damping leaver ( think its white ), open glove box door and pull the glove box door upwards to remove.  Refitting is the same as removal but in reverse order.

hope that helps

AG

• Like 1

Yes I can see it is behind a glove box, but I`m not sure how to remove glove box. Just took these two photos.

1. Maybe something to do with these two holes?

2. Or there is a screw or something behind that small cover?

2 holes.jpg

Side.jpg

This must be a very strange Fabia mk 3 to have the fuse box behind the glove box, both mine have it under the steering wheel.

Cover off. Can you explain a bit more on "and unhook the damping leaver (think its white)" ?

Where its located? I don`t see anything white or hooks :wondering:

cover.jpg

There is another fuse box next to the battery under bonnet :dull:

Edited by Robertino

You might need a torch, if you raise and lower the glove box you should see the damping bracket move . It should have a hook type fitting at one end which is attached to something and the other end is ( I think ) attatched to the glove box.

The Instructions are on page 279 in the owners manual 

skoda-auto.com/OwnersManual

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

The Instructions are on page 279 in the owners manual 

I did what manual said - using screwdriver unclip a hook, it popped out. Looking at manual, its a different glove box, mine isn`t as per their drawing.

IMG_20170715_103940.jpg

IMG_20170715_095833.jpg.2a4629908f405cab3e810cfe82dc6edf.jpg

Edited by Robertino

• 1 month later...

Trying to fit the dash cam to my Fabia 3 everything's a doddle till I've got to the fuse box... I've got BAT & AAC plug ins to - Er- plug in... so I can use the heated seats or the wing mirrors for the AAC  but... what can I use for the BAT? 

Thanks! 

I was going to have this fitted by an auto electricans- but have been shamed into fitting it myself by the regulars in the pub!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...