Anybody around Inverness, Alness, Tain ?

Graffiti

Hey folk's,

Just wondering if anyone is about?

I have a black VRS with 17's on and piper exhaust,  got a wee South Africa sticker on the back.

Cheer's

G

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Inverness, work in Forres. VRS is ideal for the commute, 65mph and 52mpg! 

Give us a heads up on what your cars looking like so I can keep an eye out for you.  Mines has turned in to a pug 206 tdi at the mo lol   Vrs is on axle stands on my drive getting another hybrid turbo and bigger Intercooler and some supporting mods,  discovered my rads leaking so will pop one on and be back on the road in Jan.

Give us a heads up on what your cars looking like so I can keep an eye out for you. Mines has turned in to a pug 206 tdi at the mo lol Vrs is on axle stands on my drive getting another hybrid turbo and bigger Intercooler and some supporting mods, discovered my rads leaking so will pop one on and be back on the road in Jan.

Black 54 plate with 312s and rear parking sensors.

I had a 206 HDI GTI, and I loved that car, light and torquey, and 50+ MPG. Deleted the DPF too.

Black 54 plate with 312s and rear parking sensors.

I had a 206 HDI GTI, and I loved that car, light and torquey, and 50+ MPG. Deleted the DPF too.

I love the fuel economy of the 1.4 hdi,  its pretty crazy. £20 a week Alness to Inverness mon-fri.  But torsions bearings gone so camber is bad. Its to run while I get fabia done then scrap it. The hdi gti you had would have flew? I like pugs but after 10 years most are awful needed rear axle's etc etc  still theres me replacing dmf clutch turbo etc  :notme:

Will look out for you, mind to batten down the hatches for tonights storm buddy!!  doubt it will come to anything to bad mysel.

Aye it sounds bad out there, glad i'm indoors while the Mrs is trawling the shops, hopefully for Watchdogs 2!

Aye the 206 flew indeed, i'd get another but like you say, they don't have the solid reliability of the Skodas

Aye it sounds bad out there, glad i'm indoors while the Mrs is trawling the shops, hopefully for Watchdogs 2!

Aye the 206 flew indeed, i'd get another but like you say, they don't have the solid reliability of the Skodas

Watch dogs 2!  jammy wee shi2e .   you know what I got on wednesday as I was desperate for a ps4 or xbox???   A ps2 that sounds like a 747 when you turn it on.  It's like man, I gotta smile and say thank you...  And coz its so noisy it bugs herself so I cant play it anyhow...

• 2 weeks later...

I've finished messing with mine for the moment........... :x

My current car as per my sig below.....but with a very "apt" plate...you'll know it when you see it!

I've finished messing with mine for the moment........... :x

Nah bud, always more!! Just finished mine the weekend, think my fingers are still frozen lol

My current car as per my sig below.....but with a very "apt" plate...you'll know it when you see it!

What all you got done bud?

Anyone up that way, ever seen my old Octavia vRS around? It ended up at Arnold Clark in Inverness a few years back. It's silver with VR51 and my initials number plate.

Anyone up that way, ever seen my old Octavia vRS around? It ended up at Arnold Clark in Inverness a few years back. It's silver with VR51 and my initials number plate.

I mind that car.  I used to work for Delmore Cars and then with Arnold Clark after it changed hands :thumbdown: ..  

But yeah I know that car and I believe it's up at Culloden now, could be wrong but I knew of that silver one and a red one.

See quite a few that I prepped .  Blast from the past  

Time for another VRS if your missing it buddy  :D

Well i made an arse of that reply lol

LOL!

Way too much OEM mods, Like I did to my Fabia....which if you worked at Delmore you should know....X plate Met dark blue with beige interior, Koni FSDs, big Remus twin tip exhaust, etc, etc

As for the Golf, GTD brake upgrade, full underbody skid trays, stone protectors, aero etc, Passat LED door puddle lights (MK7 Golfs get reflectors only), ESC & TPMS switch's, OEM fire extinguisher holder under drivers seat, GTE engine cover, bigger battery,  VCDS coding tweaks, stainless steel mesh to protect the AC condenser, Audi TT short shift, Audi TTRS front brake cooling flaps, Audi Jack pads,Team Dynamics PR1.2 & PR3 alloys......

etc. etc..

Edited by fabdavrav
  • Like 1

Yeah bud i remember that fabia, were they not kinda square pipes hanging out the back? Always mind liking the sound of it although it was one of a few with that interior!

Golf sounds mint bud, whats the deal with the short shift? Is it on all 6 speeds it works?

Yeah bud i remember that fabia, were they not kinda square pipes hanging out the back? Always mind liking the sound of it although it was one of a few with that interior!

Golf sounds mint bud, whats the deal with the short shift? Is it on all 6 speeds it works?

It did sound good didn't it!?!

I miss it but I sold it Jan 2015 for £1,500 with the two sets of alloys & the buyer asked me to revert the OEM air filter housing, & leads, as I had kept them. I sold the CAI etc separately, also fitted new NGKs for them & removed the iridiums also. Bloke has a old mini which he rebuilt himself & this Fabia was for the wife, But he loved it & the handling, saw it about a year later with new brake discs front & rear & clean, but with HIS works car park permit in......I think he gave his wife the jag he had & he took the Fabia instead...!!

Full info on car in my old sale ad.....Here

The six speed short shift took some working out for the MQ250 gearbox & works on both "planes".

I'm under a different name on the MK7 golf forum

My build thread:- Here

My how-to guides that I have written (some are being tidied up):- Here

You will see the gearbox how to there.....

Like you may know & what the old Mechanic boss at Delmore, Peter would say about me "what you been up to now....trust you"

ive seen on fbook people using but most wil go to revo in aberdeen or was some guy in black isle really good ! 

Interesting,  You know what its like wanting to trust where it's going and all that.  8ball is new and offer custom maps which helps with the mods on my motor but I think the Black Isle dude is generic, however Im gonna check Revo out. Had to take a seat when I saw their remap prices last night on Revo!!  

Fabdav....

Peter Bousfield lol   Not quite a boss but the father figure of the workshop,  Come on " just do what you can do " was his famous phrase  :D

I'm not sure but I may have painted the front bumper on that fabia you had,  Just a front corner to the number plate.. 

That Golf is gleaming bud,  Love the five spokes on it,  I dont usually like them but really suit the estate.  Hmm, time for the engine to get some breath me thinks! 

Mine would look terrible compared to yours but bodywork is next this year, wife bought a big compressor for me and im on the hunt for a spray gun.  

Fabdav....

Peter Bousfield lol   Not quite a boss but the father figure of the workshop,  Come on " just do what you can do " was his famous phrase  :D

I'm not sure but I may have painted the front bumper on that fabia you had,  Just a front corner to the number plate.. 

That Golf is gleaming bud,  Love the five spokes on it,  I dont usually like them but really suit the estate.  Hmm, time for the engine to get some breath me thinks! 

Mine would look terrible compared to yours but bodywork is next this year, wife bought a big compressor for me and im on the hunt for a spray gun.  

Wrong car, I think you looked at doing a "homer" on the bumper I think as I remember speaking to someone (you) when Delmore moved to the new build place (before AC).

As for breathing on the engine...had considered it when I got it & was prepared to spend over £1K on an ABT or MTM map, to 170ish bhp, but the limits are the MQ250 gearbox...250Nm of torque which is already has.....same as the 1.8TSI Octavia, & more than the MK4 Golf 1,8T GTI!!

The car runs on Shell Nitro & as it has VVT on both camshafts it really does use this to great effect & it flies way faster than the basic figures suggest! I have driven R32, A3 Quattro's, mk4 GTI etc. down my local back roads & this is as fast as those! Only difference is that on a long straight you can get to 100mph faster in the others, but up to 70ish no real difference! Also the 4wd is slightly quicker on the twists due to the 4wd rear grip.

But my car has the sports suspension & the rear multi link (no twist beam) so the same set up as the R estate, VRS, GTI etc.....& it really does handle!!!

So a concluded that £1K buys a lot on Shell Nitro......... :sun:

Those five spokes, same here I thought they would look carp......have them on the Fabia for summers, but was surprised that they look sooo good on the Golf, made the multispokes I have for summer look fussy..... :|

• Like 1